Armando: Wallace has threatened this before/Cap hit for cutting him | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Wallace has threatened this before/Cap hit for cutting him

Gv3k5mLX4buWQ-1.gif

Paying him the roster bonus and then trading him during the draft is smart. Cutting him after June 1 when we've drafted his replacement is smart. Keeping him because of the roster bonus is dumb. The reason this is the case are the cap numbers. If he's cut pre-June 1 it's a $9 million hit against the cap, if we cut him after it's $5 million. In other words, not paying him the roster bonus is more than offset by the cap hit.

I was in favor of cutting him before this because of his cap numbers and the implications for being able to re-sign some of our free agents. Now I'm positively ecstatic about the issue.

I would try hard to trade him for picks during the draft. If we could land a 2nd and 3rd we could turn those picks into some quality players and possibly use our first on a speed wide out to replace him. Take our cap hit this year and lets move on.
Teams aren't that stupid. He has a bad contract and could be a problem child. We didn't get that much for Marshall.

Teams aren't that stupid. He has a bad contract and could be a problem child. We didn't get that much for Marshall.

Maybe not to give the Dolphins a second and a third, but I think there's a good chance the Dolphins could get a third or a fourth for him. There's always a market for talent. So far as we know, Wallace never was a major problem child in Pittsburgh, and he's coming off a 10-TD season in which he showed a willingness to work the middle of the field, which isn't his strong suit. A 10-TD season when you apparently aren't motivated? I think someone would take the chance that they could reach him and get even more out of him. But I don't see how the Dolphins can keep him after this.

Yeah, how many points did we score once he sat down. How do you people realize that even when he is not catching the ball just making teams account for him makes our offense better. We cut him and we are worse than 7-9 next year.

Who on our O makes up his 10 tds?

But it's being reported he essentially quit on his team. If that's true I know as a player let alone a coach I wouldn't trust him any longer. Football is all about emotions. If someone's heart isn't in it, it's over.

But it's being reported he essentially quit on his team. If that's true I know as a player let alone a coach I wouldn't trust him any longer. Football is all about emotions. If someone's heart isn't in it, it's over.

LaGarrette Blount actually literally quit on the Steelers in the middle of a game this season. Left the field and everything. He was on the Patriots roster within days of being cut. And he's not half the proven talent Wallace is.

Tell him it's all good. During off season training camp have Wake take out his knees. Bam! PROBLEM solved.:idk:

meanwhile.. Tom Brady restructured his deal today (12/29) to give NE $24m extra to play with.. there's a guy who see's Wallace not liking where he's at, and gave Belichick/Caserio & Co the means to get him signed if he comes available..

this is how real teams do.. REAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS

a championship minded move by a proven championship player on a true championship dynasty..

what you got Ross?

We won't get multiple picks for Wallace in a trade, let alone second-day picks. I think the best case scenario would be a 4th-round pick because he has a bad contract and other teams have gotten to see his blemishes during the last two years. But I'd be surprised if any team wanted to trade for him right now. We only made the deal with Chicago for Marshall because his buddy Jay Cutler was lobbying for him; the Steelers want no part of Wallace.

Is there any field stretchers in the FA market? Someone we could use that $6 mil savings on?

Randall Cobb and Jeremy Maclin both may hit he market and are both better players than Wallace. Cobb is used primarily in the slot in GB, but he's a sub 4.4 speed guy with good hands, and he's versatile enough to play on the outside.

Randall Cobb and Jeremy Maclin both may hit he market and are both better players than Wallace. Cobb is used primarily in the slot in GB, but he's a sub 4.4 speed guy with good hands, and he's versatile enough to play on the outside.

would take maclin. cant see philly letting him go after losing jackson

Wallace was acquired for his speed, as a long ball threat that would stretch defenses. For whatever reason, whether the fault is his or Tannehill's, he hasn't worked out in that capacity. Paying that kind of money to a glorified possession receiver makes no sense. He needs to be replaced with someone who can get the long ball job he was hired for done, without even considering the mutiny. It shouldn't take two seasons to get on the same page with a quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom