Armando: Wheeler basically blame coaches/scheme for fall off (ridiculous article IMO) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Wheeler basically blame coaches/scheme for fall off (ridiculous article IMO)

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
This article is so DUMB, Wheeler has had 2 years to prove how good he is & he hasn't can't blame coaches & schemes for that just watch the games. Then Armando talks about players that left that have developed well that happens to EVERY team & what has Marshall really added to the Bears?? Look at E Sanders in Denver, Forsett in Bal, & the list can go on.

HEY Armando, what about the players that are developing (guess he forgot that) Tannehill, Miller, OV, Clay, Jenkins. I'm not defending the coaching staff but as a journalist it needs to go both ways & the fact is Wheeler has played awful. He even complained for being on the TE in the last play vs GB well if you want to be a dime LB you have to cover.

"But I still believe I can play that way, given the opportunity. I guess you could say they gave me the opportunity, but I don't feel like everybody was on the same page here. [In Oakland] when I was there everybody wasn't on the same page, but I was on the same page with the coaches and the scheme. I came here thinking it was going to be similar but there was a little bit different coaching."
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2014/12/phillip-wheeler-something-changed-here.html

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ler-something-changed-here.html#storylink=cpy

I think there is some validity. These guys were overpaid, but good players...then blah. Guys leave here & get good again. Like I said unless you have replacements 10TD's in a bad year...these guys are young, get a new DC & try again, fix the Wallace issue

This is Mando and co. playing up to players because it gets them info. Like I was saying in another thread. this doesnt happen in other football towns that matter. Its all drama all the time around here, and when there isnt much, gotta pounce with every chance.

I blame Coyle for putting him in last play for GB and I blame Wheeler cus he sucks and he is a heartless money grubbin biotch.

:sidelol:

Dude. Seriously, Armando? Philip Wheeler was outstanding in Oakland?

It's the coach's fault that the dude can't tackle, can't cover, and commits awful personal fouls on third down?

thank you philip...keep talking...right out the door...exit kindly stage left

:sidelol:

Dude. Seriously, Armando? Philip Wheeler was outstanding in Oakland?

It's the coach's fault that the dude can't tackle, can't cover, and commits awful personal fouls on third down?

Lol, exactly...go watch the Fins vs. Raiders game from a couple of years ago....Wheeler looked like ass-clown, missing tackles all over the place. We ran over him, by him, through him, and around him.

Lol, exactly...go watch the Fins vs. Raiders game from a couple of years ago....Wheeler looked like ass-clown, missing tackles all over the place. We ran over him, by him, through him, and around him.

PFF tho!

that rating for wheeler in oakland should go on the pff wall of shame right along with chris clemons a top 3 safety a couple years ago who hit free agency and had zilch for a market and tyson clabo was a top 10 tackle the year before he came here

:lol:

anthony fasano ran train on wheeler all game long at the los in that oakland game...

Just when you thought the local beat writer's couldn't sink any lower. Mando's apparently learned to scuba dive wrecks with a tank full of ****.

Wheeler is a no talent bum, period.

And that makes this not even mentionable, unless your armondo who is just as big a no talent bum.

Wheeler: "I'd be great coach, just gotta put me in the right spot, give me a chance man. I know I can be great."

Coach: "Okay Phil, what can't you do?"

Wheeler: "Cover tight ends. Cover receivers. Cover running backs. Diagnose running plays. Stop running plays. Defend the read option. Wrap up tackles. Fall on loose footballs. Spy the quarterback. Intercept footballs that hit me in the chest. Blitz from the edge."

Coach: "Wow... that's pretty limited. What can you do?"

Wheeler: "Hit quarterbacks in the head. Like I said, coach, just give me a chance."

Gotta love how Armando convienently left out that Wheeler was with Colts prior to Raiders & wasn't very good there.

ALSO, didn't Wallace either have close to career highs in TD & REC not to mention he basically didn't play the last game. As for Jordan some of it is on coaches but they can't help injuries & him being suspended.

Back
Top Bottom