Armando: Wheeler basically blame coaches/scheme for fall off (ridiculous article IMO) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Wheeler basically blame coaches/scheme for fall off (ridiculous article IMO)

Wheeler is a bum.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Wheeler: "I'd be great coach, just gotta put me in the right spot, give me a chance man. I know I can be great."

Coach: "Okay Phil, what can't you do?"

Wheeler: "Cover tight ends. Cover receivers. Cover running backs. Diagnose running plays. Stop running plays. Defend the read option. Wrap up tackles. Fall on loose footballs. Spy the quarterback. Intercept footballs that hit me in the chest. Blitz from the edge."

Coach: "Wow... that's pretty limited. What can you do?"

Wheeler: "Hit quarterbacks in the head. Like I said, coach, just give me a chance."

Post of the week right here.

...this doesnt happen in other football towns that matter. Its all drama all the time around here, and when there isnt much, gotta pounce with every chance...

Its not exclusive to Miami or whereever you may be. There is some godawful subjective homerism that passes as sports journalism here in Utah.

Sadly, its SOP for journalists everywhere to cry wolf, exaggerate, make news when none exists.

Wheeler: "I'd be great coach, just gotta put me in the right spot, give me a chance man. I know I can be great."

Wheeler: "Cover tight ends. Cover receivers. Cover running backs. Diagnose running plays. Stop running plays. Defend the read option. Wrap up tackles. Fall on loose footballs. Spy the quarterback. Intercept footballs that hit me in the chest. Blitz from the edge."

Wheeler: "Hit quarterbacks in the head. Like I said, coach, just give me a chance."

you left out "shoot/fill proper gaps and maintain contain" in the can't do list :lol:

I am thinking of the scene in Ace Ventura when Ace is talking to the guy at the mental hospital...LMAO

The only instinct Wheeler has on the field is survival.He will avoid contact at all cost.

The point of the article was about "players no doing well in Miami, then doing well with another team after (or before).
We are going to argue that, and make it about the one player? The article is correct.

Good bye wheeler. So long.

Wow. Dude actually thinks we would be better with him on the field more than Jenkins?!

The point of the article was about "players no doing well in Miami, then doing well with another team after (or before).
We are going to argue that, and make it about the one player? The article is correct.
Discussing Wheeler's obvious failure to play well here, or anywhere else, despite every chance to do so, shoots major holes in Armando's theory and credibility. Especially, when Armando uses him as a major source in the article and quotes him.

No more really needs to be said about any other point in the article, once the credibility is shot.

Buy that man a beer, lol. Solid gold.

:brewskis:

LD

I'd like to go on record as thanking Phillip Wheeler for his comments. This should ensure that even our clueless HC will see fit to cut his dumb ass.

This article is so DUMB, Wheeler has had 2 years to prove how good he is & he hasn't can't blame coaches & schemes for that just watch the games. Then Armando talks about players that left that have developed well that happens to EVERY team & what has Marshall really added to the Bears?? Look at E Sanders in Denver, Forsett in Bal, & the list can go on.

HEY Armando, what about the players that are developing (guess he forgot that) Tannehill, Miller, OV, Clay, Jenkins. I'm not defending the coaching staff but as a journalist it needs to go both ways & the fact is Wheeler has played awful. He even complained for being on the TE in the last play vs GB well if you want to be a dime LB you have to cover.

"But I still believe I can play that way, given the opportunity. I guess you could say they gave me the opportunity, but I don't feel like everybody was on the same page here. [In Oakland] when I was there everybody wasn't on the same page, but I was on the same page with the coaches and the scheme. I came here thinking it was going to be similar but there was a little bit different coaching."
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2014/12/phillip-wheeler-something-changed-here.html

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ler-something-changed-here.html#storylink=cpy

I will say it is a fact that players under perform here and seem to be a lot better other places. Coaching has to be a big factor for this.

I find it peculiar that Armando was boys with Ireland and he's writing an article that's coincidentally defending arguably Ireland's biggest offseason purchases/investments from 2013 (Wheeler, Dion Jordan, Wallace, Ellerbee)

Back
Top Bottom