Armstead injury status update | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead injury status update

You keep saying that. Why? There’s still three weeks until the first game. I think he’ll play.
Just my observation based on what I’ve seen and three weeks is not long, he’s got to be ready in two weeks to practice for San Diego

So am I supposed to be grateful theres no surgery needed, down-trodden that he's already banged up or hopeful that he'll be starting week 1?
For once we dodged a bullet!! I'd be happy about that! Armstead is one of the most important players on our team. Tua just plays better when he's in the lineup. The entire offense works better.

Lucky is the word, and the need was paramount. If Tunsil had been a CB with the same issue, the FO would have moved up. You know the drill.😏
No I really don't - seems pretty cynical to me - but you do you and find reasons to bash - get after it!

if he was not who he is, with his injury history, he might have taken this kick to the leg (or whatever), shrugged it off, and just stayed in the practice.

with this guy, if he feels his sphincter throb once i want him on the sideline talking to the training staff.
Mr. Glass

Samuel L Jackson Glass Movie GIF by Glass

No I really don't - seems pretty cynical to me - but you do you and find reasons to bash - get after it!
Not bashing….well maybe a little. Can you maybe agree CG has a weak spot… like his mentor Bill Belicheat..for defensive backs… not so much for LB or OLine?

Not bashing….well maybe a little. Can you maybe agree CG has a weak spot… like his mentor Bill Belicheat..for defensive backs… not so much for LB or OLine?
The OL I'll agree they haven't drafted great recently for sure - LB - not so sure about -the picks I can remember off the top of my head - Tindall not great so far but still very early, VanGinkel for a 5th rd pick has been good, Jerome Baker as a 3rd rd pick hasn't been bad, Charles Harris was an awful pick for sure but he was really just an edge rusher, and I think they took Raekwon in that same draft in the 2nd rd - so yeah basically that draft was a total flop for LB's, so I would say they've hit on lower picks and sucked at higher picks

The OL I'll agree they haven't drafted great recently for sure - LB - not so sure about -the picks I can remember off the top of my head - Tindall not great so far but still very early, VanGinkel for a 5th rd pick has been good, Jerome Baker as a 3rd rd pick hasn't been bad, Charles Harris was an awful pick for sure but he was really just an edge rusher, and I think they took Raekwon in that same draft in the 2nd rd - so yeah basically that draft was a total flop for LB's, so I would say they've hit on lower picks and sucked at higher picks
Raekwon is a Nose tackle/DT. Harris was technically a DE… but you reinforced my point perfectly.

Good catch… and a great example. They even hired Jason Taylor to privately coach him up. Stay away from Missouri and Wisconsin dudes.
I do think VanGinkel and Baker were good picks based on the draft capital invested in them- you can't just pick out the misses to make a point....That said they've never invested high picks in LB either....

I do think VanGinkel and Baker were good picks based on the draft capital invested in them- you can't just pick out the misses to make a point....That said they've never invested high picks in LB either....
Jeff, There are numerous misses… way more than the hits. My comment regarding no Rookie if the Year in 24 years proves my point. How many MVPs in 24 years. How many DRAFTED ProBowlers compared to teams with prolonged success? Prolonged success comes from teams built through the draft, not via purchasing expensive FA. The Dolphins teams of the 70s… other than Paul Warfield… we’re built through the draft. Same with the Steelers, 49ers, and the 60s Packers. The Dolphin a are going to lose several very good home grown players due to Expensive FA acquisitions….

Jeff, There are numerous misses… way more than the hits. My comment regarding no Rookie if the Year in 24 years proves my point. How many MVPs in 24 years. How many DRAFTED ProBowlers compared to teams with prolonged success? Prolonged success comes from teams built through the draft, not via purchasing expensive FA. The Dolphins teams of the 70s… other than Paul Warfield… we’re built through the draft. Same with the Steelers, 49ers, and the 60s Packers. The Dolphin a are going to lose several very good home grown players due to Expensive FA acquisitions….
Not giving Grier a pass, but I expect a current group of young bucks (Phillips, Holland, and Waddle) to make the pro bowl if they can stay healthy and on their current trajectories. Throw Wilkins in there too. Hopefully, they announce a new contract for 94 in the next two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom