Armstead injury status update | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead injury status update

Wilkins is definitely a good player, and he's been mostly healthy. However, I think he's a little overrated by the fanbase, because I think it's natural to prefer home grown talent over free agents. Also, Wilkins is sort of a mascot with his antics.

We can't afford to overpay him though. Overpaying our own players affects the cap as much as overpaying a FA.

Jeff, There are numerous misses… way more than the hits. My comment regarding no Rookie if the Year in 24 years proves my point. How many MVPs in 24 years. How many DRAFTED ProBowlers compared to teams with prolonged success? Prolonged success comes from teams built through the draft, not via purchasing expensive FA. The Dolphins teams of the 70s… other than Paul Warfield… we’re built through the draft. Same with the Steelers, 49ers, and the 60s Packers. The Dolphin a are going to lose several very good home grown players due to Expensive FA acquisitions….
How are we doing the last four years.
Anything past that no longer counts for me.

I really wanted Armstead in that draft and I lost my **** when we missed him by 3 picks. I’m pretty sure the Saints had one of their super fans in a wheelchair announce the pick and I have never resented a special needs individual like I did in that moment.

It's awful that I cracked up at this.

I said I didn’t think he would be ready week one, so seeing him walking at practice gives me hope I was wrong

Ray,The point of mentioning the past is there is one common denominator, coincidence or not… Chris Grier, the Patriots gift that keeps on giving… or taking.

The point is that to be of real value the "past" should be the recent past - probably not more than 6 years. Trajectory is what is important in determining the past on the future. There have been many franchises in the NFL who have been able to shake off poor pasts and develop into winning teams.

All your other "references" to an "over-extended" past are tertiary at best and more reasonably would just be self-serving.

I wonder how the trajectory of the Patriots from 1980 to 2000 vs. 1996 to 2000 would compare in indicating their performance for these last 20 years. I suspect they would lead to different conclusions. It would also be interesting to ID who the Patriots GM was for most of their recent "glory" years?

If we have improved in the last 6 years, the GM gets the credit.
Do we have the same GM now that we had 6 years ago?
If not, you are RONG.
If our current GM was employed at subservient level to the GM we had 6 years ago, then you are still RONG.

Since I haven't looked that up yet, it will be interesting to examine the results of our two "independent" observations of how the distant past compares to the recent past, assuming you would follow through on this path.

Any arguments that try to pin this team's performance 10 or 20 years ago to any Front Office employee who wasn't the GM is hogwash; put forward to justify some posters' "bogus" presumptions.

Go ahead - double down on being RONG and dumb at the same time.
I'm beginning to believe we have posters who seem to enjoy "dumb and dumber". - LOL

The point is that to be of real value the "past" should be the recent past - probably not more than 6 years. Trajectory is what is important in determining the past on the future. There have been many franchises in the NFL who have been able to shake off poor pasts and develop into winning teams.

All your other "references" to an "over-extended" past are tertiary at best and more reasonably would just be self-serving.

I wonder how the trajectory of the Patriots from 1980 to 2000 vs. 1996 to 2000 would compare in indicating their performance for these last 20 years. I suspect they would lead to different conclusions. It would also be interesting to ID who the Patriots GM was for most of their recent "glory" years?

If not, you are RONG.
If our current GM was employed at subservient level to the GM we had 6 years ago, then you are still RONG.

Since I haven't looked that up yet, it will be interesting to examine the results of our two "independent" observations of how the distant past compares to the recent past, assuming you would follow through on this path.

Any arguments that try to pin this team's performance 10 or 20 years ago to any Front Office employee who wasn't the GM is hogwash; put forward to justify some posters' "bogus" presumptions.

I'm beginning to believe we have posters who seem to enjoy "dumb and dumber". - LOL
Ray, referring to your last sentence, you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. Instead of insulting my post, perhaps do the research. The Pats… better OWNER, GM, head coach, quarterback, coaching staff for 20 years. A paragon of consistency. To compare that to a team that has won at about a 55% clip for the same 20 years period seems disingenuous at best, poor though out at worst.
I love my Dolphins, and have done so since 1966. I remember how well the team was run.. not by film, or rumor, but because I was there. I saw it live. I’ll double check the 55% figure. EDIT: the Dolphins record since 2023: 146-176. Appears, like many I have a short memory. I’m an old fellow. I’d like to see more than a one and done before I’m one and done. Ray, sir, in your life don’t settle for mediocrity.

Last edited:
Ray, referring to your last sentence, you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. Instead of insulting my post, perhaps do the research. The Pats… better OWNER, GM, head coach, quarterback, coaching staff for 20 years. A paragon of consistency. To compare that to a team that has won at about a 55% clip for the same 20 years period seems disingenuous at best, poor though out at worst.
I love my Dolphins, and have done so since 1966. I remember how well the team was run.. not by film, or rumor, but because I was there. I saw it live. I’ll double check the 55% figure.
Worse Ethan I thought. Since 2003 Lost 176- won 146

If not, you are RONG.

Worse than I thought. The Fins record since 2023:146-176. You happy with that? The teams so called blow it up? They neglected to blow up the GM and scouting Department.

I love my Dolphins, and have done so since 1966. I remember how well the team was run.. not by film, or rumor, but because I was there. I saw it live. I’ll double check the 55% figure.

I notice you ignored going back to the dates I referenced of 1980 to 2000, prior to the Pats dynasty as opposed to during the Pats dynasty. There you go trying to move the "goal posts" again, but "IMA-Not" allowing it to stand. - LOL

Now I wonder why you did that and then I realized what happened.

You have just found out the "hard" way that Ray Is Right (Again); and "IMA-Writer" is synonymous with "IMA-NOT-A-Thinker". - LOL

You win the "IMA-NOT-A-Much" award. - LOL

Let's see if you are done "doubling down on dumb" and willing to look at the PATS record 20 years before their dynasty, and then again during the 6 years before their dynasty and see if they had the same GM that they have now and if they were floundering or developing as a team.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day - teach a man to fish and he can eat as long as the fish keep biting.

Here is your chance - eat well. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom