Armstead Injury Watch | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead Injury Watch

Jackson might be out 2-4 weeks if I had to guess. Armstead will likely play IMO, I think McDaniel is using a bit of gamemanship in his case. With Jackson unlikely to be back for a cpl games, that's why they got Shell.

I'm speculating quite a bit but that's how I see it happening.
Didn't coach say after the game that Jackson could have continued if necessary? To me it's about getting the ankle to 100% early in the season.

I also haven't seen any suggested scenarios where Dieter starts and to me if you're without both starting tackles he should play.

We just did what I thought we needed to do by signing Shell, so obviously it wasn’t that hard.

I wasn’t looking for much. Just a backup OT that’s proven he can successfully play the position in the NFL. Which is something we didn’t have on the roster.
We signed a backup Olineman because we just went down 1. That has nothing to do with your original statement. You can only have so many players on the roster
53, in case you needed to know

Didn't coach say after the game that Jackson could have continued if necessary? To me it's about getting the ankle to 100% early in the season.
Last I saw, they wanted more "eyes" on the ankle, which didn't sound great to me.

Stanley was hurt last year and just was not ready week one. They are hoping he can play this week. James was a back up. They got morgan moses at right tackle starting
Stanley practices today

We signed a backup Olineman because we just went down 1. That has nothing to do with your original statement. You can only have so many players on the roster
53, in case you needed to know
I was in the middle of editing my post, but you responded first. This is what I added.

“You can’t have your LT be a guy that has missed roughly 5 games a year over his career and have the only contingency plan on the roster be Greg Little. Another injury prone player that has proven nothing to this point in his career.”

Two of our three OT’s had extensive injury histories. You can’t act like this situation was just unforseeable. And with us relying so much on Armstead, I wanted a backup OT that’s shown he is even capable of being a competent backup. Which Little hasn’t.

Ok, so you can only have 53 players. I get that. Do you think Sam Eguavoen or a 5th TE is more important?

Last edited:
Let me get this straight... people are hyperventilating, or alternately, congratulating themselves because Armstead has... a toe injury?

Really?

(Shakes head and walks away)

Back
Top Bottom