Armstead Injury Watch | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead Injury Watch

You also need depth at LB, OLine is not the only position on the team. I didnt even think it was necessary to mention him, figured you woulda got my point
We have Baker, Riley, Roberts, and Tindall.

You also need Oline depth too.

I understand that keeping Skylar meant that we were going to short somewhere. A position group was going to be left in a place where a signing was likely to be necessary if anyone in it went down.

I just think we chose to do it at a position that is harder to fill later during the season than finding a player of Eguavoen’s caliber.

Whatever. We disagree. Not a big deal

Last edited:
FWIW, Armstead only missed two plays when the injury came up against NE. Think he plays this week.
If that's the case he was probably warmed up and still loose. Injuries like that can tighten up. Source: Am a middle aged man and am sore today

Hopefully he's taking care of it and will be good to go Sunday

We have Baker, Riley, Roberts, and Tindall.

You also need Oline depth too.

I understand that keeping Skylar meant that we were going to short somewhere. A position group was going to be left in a place where a signing was likely to be necessary if anyone in it went down.

I just think we chose to do it at a position that is harder to fill later during the season than finding a player of Eguavoen’s caliber.

Whatever. We disagree. Not a big deal

My only counter point is that it's not useful to keep more players at a position group where an in season FA signing I'd going to be just as good as the player you're cutting.

There is something to be said for knowing the system of course but I feel like what we had just didn't make sense talent wise to keep.

If that's the case he was probably warmed up and still loose. Injuries like that can tighten up. Source: Am a middle aged man and am sore today

It's a toe injury so hope he can wrap it and play.

Injury report says vet rest is why he didn’t participate, gamesmanship or truth who knows?

Injury report says vet rest is why he didn’t participate, gamesmanship or truth who knows?
He gets vet rest even when fully healthy, so “who knows” is right. Doubt we are given any info till much closer to the game.

I do think there’s too much panic and stress going on over this. Everyone knew Armstead was a perpetual injury risk despite being a great player. That’s the only reason we were able to sign him for 15 mill.

This won’t be the last time he’s questionable to play this season.

But it’s a toe injury. He’ll be back soon enough even if it isn’t this game.

I get it, but this organization really swung for the fences and the short term in getting Tyreek Hill, all while having an historically bad offensive line, and the fact that they gambled on an injury prone guy being the answer and staying healthy, and that he's injured week one - well it doesn't fill me with confidence. The team is being imagined to the Super Bowl by some and me, I'm not thinking Super Bowl, I'm just hoping we can pass block well enough to get more than one or two non-quick hitting plays in gameplan. With stupid expectations comes stupid decision-making, and it feels like the Dolphins bought a sports car when they didn't even have a house to park it at.
I know, right? They signed a bunch of WRs and RBs, but when it came to upgrading the o-line, they just slapped on an old, used band-aid with no adhesive left.

I know, right? They signed a bunch of WRs and RBs, but when it came to upgrading the o-line, they just slapped on an old, used band-aid with no adhesive left.
They brought in two FA lineman. One was considered one of the best Ts in football. IIRC both guys were also the highest graded lineman on the team in week one. They also brought in an an offensive-minded HC and two coaches who are considered OL experts. But yeah they did nothing.

He gets vet rest even when fully healthy, so “who knows” is right. Doubt we are given any info till much closer to the game.

I do think there’s too much panic and stress going on over this. Everyone knew Armstead was a perpetual injury risk despite being a great player. That’s the only reason we were able to sign him for 15 mill.

This won’t be the last time he’s questionable to play this season.

But it’s a toe injury. He’ll be back soon enough even if it isn’t this game.
His contract is really 3 years for 63 mil.

Even if we want him past three years, I doubt he plays for 7.5 mil over the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom