Armstead Injury Watch | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead Injury Watch

Gotta be careful where you put those damn toes!

toe-dip.gif
That's actually gross man!! Haha

This is a far cry from your dad's or grandfather's NFL. Now players get coddled and get to not practice. Players get injured far too much and easily.
I'm not sure today's players are more easily injured, but the rules now require more reporting and the union has negotiated grievance procedures if teams force injured players into games against their wishes (or in the case of concussions, regardless of their wishes). Kind of mirrors the perceived dramatic increase in certain population health conditions that is as much attributable to testing and reporting than to a per capita increase in the afflicted. Fortunately for NFL players teams have embraced technology and protocols that generally place career and life span ahead of single game availability.

Yes those old timers might have been tougher but it came at great and usually uncompensated personal cost compared to today. Furthermore it is unlikely that teams always benefitted from their players' willingness to play hurt and chance aggravating their unjuries.

It would be great if Armstead could 'show us the money' to a degree where it gives us more holes to run through and more time for Tua to throw.
I wonder if Armstead is better now than Brandon Albert was when we first got him.
It would be awesome if it popped off the screen.
those vids of armstead keeping judon out of the backfield in his first action as a dolphin gave me all the good tinglies.

Not sure what u got from my post, but I was being critical of our FO ignoring OT depth and saying it shouldn’t have taken injuries to add a proven backup.

Just confused how this relates to what I said.
Well I do think the team should have been in on LCollins once Dallas put him on the block but in general it's not like there were a lot of (or possibly any) high quality, no issues OL available for the team to add this past offseason. We signed 2 of the best ones. Acquiring more would have meant sacrificing (limited, in hindsight) draft capital or not acquiring THill. With some things we have to be patient for the change we desire. I am certain the team will field a complete team on Sunday.

Cut the damn thing off and keep playing!!!

Players these

We have Baker, Riley, Roberts, and Tindall.

You also need Oline depth too.

I understand that keeping Skylar meant that we were going to short somewhere. A position group was going to be left in a place where a signing was likely to be necessary if anyone in it went down.

I just think we chose to do it at a position that is harder to fill later during the season than finding a player of Eguavoen’s caliber.

Whatever. We disagree. Not a big deal
I'd have paid half of Gesicki's salary and traded him for someone's 4th OT and a 4th rounder, to shore up the weaker unit from a position of depth.

It would be great if Armstead could 'show us the money' to a degree where it gives us more holes to run through and more time for Tua to throw.
I wonder if Armstead is better now than Brandon Albert was when we first got him.
It would be awesome if it popped off the screen.

It’s not even close. Albert was never in Armstead’s league.

Well I do think the team should have been in on LCollins once Dallas put him on the block but in general it's not like there were a lot of (or possibly any) high quality, no issues OL available for the team to add this past offseason. We signed 2 of the best ones. Acquiring more would have meant sacrificing (limited, in hindsight) draft capital or not acquiring THill. With some things we have to be patient for the change we desire. I am certain the team will field a complete team on Sunday.
I wasn’t talking about signing another lineman we intended to start. I just thought given Armstead’s injury history, we needed a proven backup OT. I also thought having one backup OT on the roster w an injury history as extensive as Little’s compounded that issue.

I essentially wanted us to sign a player like Shell. And we were just able to do that without sacrificing anything.

I'd have paid half of Gesicki's salary and traded him for someone's 4th OT and a 4th rounder, to shore up the weaker unit from a position of depth.

If we could’ve done that, we would’ve, no doubt.

There was just too little available salary cap space. The teams that had the space, Dallas and Cleveland, are also already paying a franchise TE the same 10.9M salary this year. That’s dumb luck that worked against a possible trade going into the season.

Still got Carolina as a potential destination for MG. Matt Rhule is a big Penn State homer who might need to gamble soon to save his regime.

Every week that goes by makes it a little easier as his salary decreases and makes him more tradable. The problem arises with each week that he has little production his actual value drops.

I think we can all agree at this point saving the money on his contract is our top objective. A potential 5th or 6th round pick isn’t going to be the 🍒 on top of the trade sundae.

You almost want to come out in the Baltimore game and just force two or three early targets to him. Get him going with those fiery emotions and give Baltimore a bit more to think about before settling into our offense.

If your NOT scripting plays for Gesicki in the first quarter this week, you can start to plan to see less and less of him.

If we could’ve done that, we would’ve, no doubt.

There was just too little available salary cap space. The teams that had the space, Dallas and Cleveland, are also already paying a franchise TE the same 10.9M salary this year. That’s dumb luck that worked against a possible trade going into the season.

Still got Carolina as a potential destination for MG. Matt Rhule is a big Penn State homer who might need to gamble soon to save his regime.

Every week that goes by makes it a little easier as his salary decreases and makes him more tradable. The problem arises with each week that he has little production his actual value drops.

I think we can all agree at this point saving the money on his contract is our top objective. A potential 5th or 6th round pick isn’t going to be the 🍒 on top of the trade sundae.

You almost want to come out in the Baltimore game and just force two or three early targets to him. Get him going with those fiery emotions and give Baltimore a bit more to think about before settling into our offense.

If your NOT scripting plays for Gesicki in the first quarter this week, you can start to plan to see less and less of him.
one way or the other this most likely is his last year with the Dolphins.......Smythe is TE#1 right now and they like Hunter Long and they love Conner who might not play much this year but he should have a bigger part on the offense next season.

one way or the other this most likely is his last year with the Dolphins.......Smythe is TE#1 right now and they like Hunter Long and they love Conner who might not play much this year but he should have a bigger part on the offense next season.

No question Gesicki won’t be around in 2023. Zero doubt.

I am ready for Hunter Long. Kid looked like a force in that preseason finale. That TD grab saving what should’ve been an INT for Skylar Thompson was impressive. I want to see what he can do with the 1s. And ya Connor as well has potential.

I want to add that I love Mike Gesicki. Love his make up as a competitor. Absolutely does it the right way, I could never not root for Mike Gesicki. If EVER it wasn’t personal, this is the case.

Even as someone that wanted Mark Andrews and Dallas Goesert a lot more in 2018, I liked MG’s athleticism. Just never came together for him.

I am little annoyed that Baltimore rookie TE Isiah Likely looks like a stud as well. Had a great career at Coastal Carolina, I thought he was a third round talent and went in the 6th. I’d give Baltimore OUR 2023 third round for Likely and a 6th right now.

Here’s a thought, let’s get Gesicki 7 or 8 receptions this week and maybe we can talk Baltimore into making him their slot WR the rest of the season.

I’ll take Likely and pay 40% of Gesicki’s remaining salary. At which point they would say no. I’ll counter by adding Myles Gaskin to their RAZOR thin RB depth chart.

Back
Top Bottom