Armstrong Waived | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstrong Waived

They fact is guys that Wes can ball. He may not be the most athletically gifted/talented player but he knows how to play. Give the man his due!

No surprise here. Probably will try to slip him to the practice squad.

I know some of you are guessing what wideout will replace him, but it seems to me it probably one be a wideout at all. We're short a lineman and five receivers, which we're at now, is probably all we'll keep. I don't expect Armstrong's replacement to be another receiver.

exactly, its pretty obviously that MIA initially kept him on the active roster in order for the other NFL teams to finalize their rosters and not pluck Armstrong up. now that the other teams went ahead and trimmed down their rosters to 53, MIA then went ahead and cut Armstrong in order to have a better chance to put him on the Practice Squad. smart move actually.

so, no, his replacement will "not" be another WR, but most likely a backup LT, which we lack "bad".

exactly, its pretty obviously that MIA initially kept him on the active roster in order for the other NFL teams to finalize their rosters and not pluck Armstrong up. now that the other teams went ahead and trimmed down their rosters to 53, MIA then went ahead and cut Armstrong in order to have a better chance to put him on the Practice Squad. smart move actually.

so, no, his replacement will "not" be another WR, but most likely a backup LT, which we lack "bad".

What? Are they planning to make London bulk up? :wink:

Then you're wrong.

As far as Camarillo is concerned my friend, you are the one that is mistaken. I couldnt take THIS THREAD ANY LONGER!!!! drove me back out of retirement.

Camarillo IS the better player. he has done nothing but produce since he has joined the team. He is one of the special teams standouts. He seems to ALWAYS get a key block. the guy is rock solid. he is a winner. that's how winning is done...

you see any of the cowboys on hard knocks? I'll give you a perfect example.. their 2nd rounder Marcelus Bennett. The dude is a clown!! he can't even respect his coach. he has a terrible attitude, and despite his talent he IS A JOKE. players like that kill your team. Players like Camarillo are an integral part of winning...much like Wes Welker....

who by the way you seem to be mistaken about as well. Bill B would have given a 1st ROUNDER last year if he had to, to get the guy. and sorry...NO NOT ANY RECEIVER CAN CATCH 100 balls in New England. in fact, nobody has but WES!! Jackson couldnt get it done....and if all wes is good for is 5 yard curls and ANYBODY can do it then why trade a 2nd and 7th for him??? UMMMM thats more than TAYLOR AND FAVRE brought....sorry...WES is extremely talented...he CAN'T be covered in the short zones...and he has TREMENDOUS HANDS....he is the reason New England abandoned the run last year....cause they knew they always had a chance of a big play if they threw the ball....and not in danger of going three and out cause WES would be able to get open to MOVE THE CHAINS.

Camarillo is doing a lot of the same things...time will tell with him....but he is a guy that can be relied upon to get the job done...and if i remember correctly he DIDNT get caught from behind...and happened to make the biggest play of the year... Hagan continues to be unreliable in games situations....he two drops and his false start KILLED TWO DRIVES. The offense was hitting on all cylinders otherwise.

We have enough other talent with GINN and RICKY and RONNIE...the TEs are improved.....Pennington wont turn the ball over and will be accurate....That second receiver HAS to be able to be reliable...make his catches and block!!! right now Camarillo is THE ONLY GUY that seems to fit the bill....he doesnt need to be flashy

As far as Camarillo is concerned my friend, you are the one that is mistaken. I couldnt take THIS THREAD ANY LONGER!!!! drove me back out of retirement.

Camarillo IS the better player. he has done nothing but produce since he has joined the team. He is one of the special teams standouts. He seems to ALWAYS get a key block. the guy is rock solid. he is a winner. that's how winning is done...

you see any of the cowboys on hard knocks? I'll give you a perfect example.. their 2nd rounder Marcelus Bennett. The dude is a clown!! he can't even respect his coach. he has a terrible attitude, and despite his talent he IS A JOKE. players like that kill your team. Players like Camarillo are an integral part of winning...much like Wes Welker....

who by the way you seem to be mistaken about as well. Bill B would have given a 1st ROUNDER last year if he had to, to get the guy. and sorry...NO NOT ANY RECEIVER CAN CATCH 100 balls in New England. in fact, nobody has but WES!! Jackson couldnt get it done....and if all wes is good for is 5 yard curls and ANYBODY can do it then why trade a 2nd and 7th for him??? UMMMM thats more than TAYLOR AND FAVRE brought....sorry...WES is extremely talented...he CAN'T be covered in the short zones...and he has TREMENDOUS HANDS....he is the reason New England abandoned the run last year....cause they knew they always had a chance of a big play if they threw the ball....and not in danger of going three and out cause WES would be able to get open to MOVE THE CHAINS.

Camarillo is doing a lot of the same things...time will tell with him....but he is a guy that can be relied upon to get the job done...and if i remember correctly he DIDNT get caught from behind...and happened to make the biggest play of the year... Hagan continues to be unreliable in games situations....he two drops and his false start KILLED TWO DRIVES. The offense was hitting on all cylinders otherwise.

We have enough other talent with GINN and RICKY and RONNIE...the TEs are improved.....Pennington wont turn the ball over and will be accurate....That second receiver HAS to be able to be reliable...make his catches and block!!! right now Camarillo is THE ONLY GUY that seems to fit the bill....he doesnt need to be flashy

Please try again.

"Wes Welekr doesn't have upside. He's a mediocre receiver lacking any kind of impressive skills. He's just on the best team in football and has a role that requires him to do nothing but run five years and turn around. " __________________

WOW....I could never run for 5 years and then turn around...I'd drop after about 5 minutes....

BTW...Stallworth got overtaken by Gaffney later in the season with PT....Big factor also was $$$$$...It was either keep Moss or keep Donte......Pats made right choice...

"Wes Welekr doesn't have upside. He's a mediocre receiver lacking any kind of impressive skills. He's just on the best team in football and has a role that requires him to do nothing but run five years and turn around. " __________________

WOW....I could never run for 5 years and then turn around...I'd drop after about 5 minutes....

BTW...Stallworth got overtaken by Gaffney later in the season with PT....Big factor also was $$$$$...It was either keep Moss or keep Donte......Pats made right choice...

No doubt that they made the right choice! Both Moss and Gaffney give them more versatility than Stallworth.

i think i'd be willing to release camarillo also and bring in both roydell williams and chad jackson.

they both have upside. camarillo doesn't.

Camarillo gets very little respect. He has very good hands, good speed, and is durable. Hopefully he gets a chance and shines at it.

Back
Top Bottom