around the horn killing the dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

around the horn killing the dolphins

jfleag61

Active Roster
Reaction score
They are going nuts about miami having the 3rd anniversary celbration of the gators national championship. Saluting one of the players of the team we are going against (tebow)!!:crazy:

I'm a huge U fan and could really care less. Do U fan's and journalists even know that the Fins organization offered the same propisition to the U to celebrate their 2001 Championship and the U turned it down. It was for generating more income via ticket sales and concessions nothing else. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I know its to sell tickets, but I think the things that make it look "cheesy," is that it's only the 3rd anniversary (as opposed to say, 10) and the fact that the most beloved player of that gator team will be on the visitors sideline. Ross being Ross, I understand the idea. But it's just one more chance the media is taking to bash the organization.

I'm a huge U fan and could really care less. Do U fan's and journalists even know that the Fins organization offered the same propisition to the U to celebrate their 2001 Championship and the U turned it down. It was for generating more income via ticket sales and concessions nothing else. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

When it was first announced I was extremely mad about the situation. After finding out that they offered it to the Canes, I changed my tune. And as much as I dislike Florida, I agree with you.

I am a Dolphins fan, not a Gators or Hurricane fan. I don't really care what the Dolphins want to do during halftime.

This is being overblown . . . but that is how these stories are told. They are told to make the reader take it from the perspective the author wants them to have.

Trust me, I despise the Gators and I was like "wtf" when I heard about this, but honestly who cares . . . Miami should have taken the offer when they had the chance. 10 year celebration for the national championship . . . why not celebrate it? Canes said no, the Gators said yes . . . end of story.

Well that's why ATH is on TV, to talk about stuff that's only important enough to not give a **** about. Be like me, work until 6 p.m. so you aren't home and near a TV to watch.

Whoa whoa whoa you're way too rational to be posting here, sir!

Im tired of seeing the Gator dilema...I dont live in the state of Florida, nor do I go to college...but who cares if they honor the Gators at halftime! I could care less, as long as they are not honoring any other NFL team, I dont care! Tim Tebow is a Bronco now, so who cares, we are not honoring the Broncos!

Around the Horn's talkingheads were actually split in their opinions. Woody Paige and some guy with a really small head were all over the Fins. The other two were fine with it.

UF is state school of ALL of Florida. It was offered to Miami and they said no. Whatever.

I am usually all over Ross and the FO. Not on this.

This is a double edge sword. We need the media to get information we truly care about but in return we must suffer through piles of useless crap the throw out the rest of the time. This is just the world now that there are channels and publications (print and online) that are solely dedicated to sports reporting.

The only chance we have to eliminate some of this crap is just ignore the meaningless garbage that is put out.

said it way back, at least we are making the rounds on espn

So because Miami said no, it makes it all good? No, don't offer anything then. It's bad taste. Of course you're not going to understand if you're from Minnesota, or Virginia, or Pennsylvania, or wherever.

Back
Top Bottom