around the horn killing the dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

around the horn killing the dolphins

Your from Pennsylvania. Would Philly celebtrate Penn st ?

Tampa bay never humiliated us like the Gators.

If Penn State won the National Championship, there is no doubt in my mind that Philly would be open to celebrating them. Even though Temple plays some home games at Lincoln Financial Field, I don't think there would be any uproar from Eagles fans.

I love all of the negative attention the Dolphins are getting for this. Pour it on.

Just because the Hurricanes turned down an offer doesn't mean anything. You can't honor the rival of a team you lease the stadium to. It's poor judgment and bad business decisions for a lousy buck.

If you're a fan of the Dolphins, you should he against this if you care anything about having an organization with "class."

I don't even see why one team would celebrate another team's championship in the first place. Makes the Dolphins look like a second rate joke (which they pretty much are at the moment) but still no need to rub salt on our own wound.

If Penn State won the National Championship, there is no doubt in my mind that Philly would be open to celebrating them. Even though Temple plays some home games at Lincoln Financial Field, I don't think there would be any uproar from Eagles fans.

C'mon man. That's a poor poor comparison.

We wouldn't care if the Dolphins honored FIU for some major accomplishment at all. This Gator **** is totally different.

C'mon man. That's a poor poor comparison.

We wouldn't care if the Dolphins honored FIU for some major accomplishment at all. This Gator **** is totally different.

He asked the question about the comparison and I answered it. Like I said originally, the Dolphins don't owe the Hurricanes a damn thing. In fact, until the Canes have a "Dolphins Day", the Dolphins shouldn't even acknowledge them. When the Canes were losing their stadium, the Dolphins ALLOWED them to play at THEIR stadium.

As I said in my comparison, the Eagles don't owe Temple anything, and the Dolphins don't owe the Hurricanes squat either. You say they don't have class, yet even though they don't owe the Canes, they still offered them a chance to have an appreciation day, and they declined.

Bad example as Penn st and Temple are pals. Your not a Canes fan so you don't understand our mindset.

There are two college teams that we HATE. Florida and Notre Dame.

Honor FSU if you want just not the Gators.

Gators = Jets to most of us.

Nuff said , just MY opinion.

He asked the question about the comparison and I answered it. Like I said originally, the Dolphins don't owe the Hurricanes a damn thing. In fact, until the Canes have a "Dolphins Day", the Dolphins shouldn't even acknowledge them. When the Canes were losing their stadium, the Dolphins ALLOWED them to play at THEIR stadium.

As I said in my comparison, the Eagles don't owe Temple anything, and the Dolphins don't owe the Hurricanes squat either. You say they don't have class, yet even though they don't owe the Canes, they still offered them a chance to have an appreciation day, and they declined.

You're right, the Dolphins don't owe the 'Canes anything. But when you have a BUSINESS partnership stuff like this is in bad taste and it reflects poorly on you as an organization. I know people don't like to hear that this stuff is a business first and a sport second, but that's the truth of it all. And the Dolphins doing this...it's not a good thing. Why else would journalists, who have no ties to either the Dolphins, 'Canes, or Gators, be killing this idea?

Everyone in the country doesn't like it. But somehow Dolphin fans have justified it. I wonder why?

And the Dolphins didn't "allow" the 'Canes anything. The Dolphins leased the stadium to the University and thereby, entering in to a business partnership in which they should, but aren't respecting.

Bad example as Penn st and Temple are pals. Your not a Canes fan so you don't understand our mindset.

There are two college teams that we HATE. Florida and Notre Dame.

Honor FSU if you want just not the Gators.

Gators = Jets to most of us.

Nuff said , just MY opinion.

Again, I was answering the question about Philly and Penn State, I did not bring it up first. You are right, I am not a Canes fan, thank God for that. With that said, this topic does not concern me one bit and I am not going to waste another minute on it. If the Dolphins want to have a Gator party every week before the game or during halftime, be my guest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's why Miami hurricanes HATE the fricking Gators.

http://youtu.be/9_Uzu-wPFmc

Celebrate these guys?

NOT ME

This was 40 years ago. Do you still hold a grudge against the Cowboys for kicking the Phins ***** in Super Bowl VI? Come on. And that record has been broken about a dozen times since Reaves even set it. This is a dead rivalry. They have one more game to play in 2013 and they'll likely never play again if that game is even played. I'm told it might be in limbo at this point due to impending sanctions and possible SEC expansion.

Again, I was answering the question about Philly and Penn State, I did not bring it up first. You are right, I am not a Canes fan, thank God for that. With that said, this topic does not concern me one bit and I am not going to waste another minute on it. If the Dolphins want to have a Gator party every week before the game or during halftime, be my guest.

Nub your a GREAT Fins fan. No doubt.

I'm just telling you as someone who had season tickets for many years this is not a good idea for the Dolphins.
plus - gain a few Gators fans
minus - alienate LOTS of Miami fans who root for ALL our teams.

I don't think is a good move for OUR Fins.

This was 40 years ago. Do you still hold a grudge against the Cowboys for kicking the Phins ***** in Super Bowl VI? Come on. This is a dead rivalry. They have one more game to play in 2013 and they'll likely never play again if that game is even played. I'm told it might be in limbo at this point due to impending sanctions and possible SEC expansion.

It's in limbo because the Gators are AGAIN trying to back out of it. They've been trying to back out of it since 2008.

The rivalry might be dead on the field for now, but it will never be dead inside the great state of Florida.

Miami and Florida State fans at least respect each other. And if it weren't for Florida government stepping in, the Gators would be ducking the Seminoles every year as well. And speaking of SEC expansion, the reason why the Seminoles will never get in the SEC will be due to the Gators blocking every attempt to do so.

No respect for UF.

Nub your a GREAT Fins fan. No doubt.

I'm just telling you as someone who had season tickets for many years this is not a good idea for the Dolphins.
plus - gain a few Gators fans
minus - alienate LOTS of Miami fans who root for ALL our teams.

I don't think is a good move for OUR Fins.

Whether people realize it or not, this is causing division between a community that has always been about unity. This city has had to rally around each other so many times in the past 30 years that I've been breathing. From the Arthur McDuffie trial that seen four white cops acquitted for his death that resulted in riots, the cocaine years that essentially built and paid for the development for the entire city...list goes on and on.

The city of Miami is a special special place.

I don't understand why the Dolphins are doing this myself. I'd get it if the Jaguars were doing it b/c of proximity to Gainesville but Miami? This is done to sell more tickets right? I guess the FO doesn't care who sits in the stands or who they cheer for.

Why would Gators fans even want to come to this?

Back
Top Bottom