around the horn killing the dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

around the horn killing the dolphins

So because Miami said no, it makes it all good? No, don't offer anything then. It's bad taste. Of course you're not going to understand if you're from Minnesota, or Virginia, or Pennsylvania, or wherever.

I'm not a Canes fan and I fully understand. Of course, I hate the Gators more than Canes fans do.

With all the bad press lately it's easy to get down on the U but remember they were the ONLY thing sports wise in Miami till the Fins came along.

As a long time Canes fan i don"t think it's right to celebrate our arch enemy in our HOME .

ESPECIALLY now with the Canes starting a new season and the eyes of the sports world on them.

For all you out of state guys Florida is the school that LAID DOWN on a Miami play and let us score so thier QB could set a record on us. (Gator flop)

The way us Fin fans feel about the Jets is nothing compared to this rivalry.

It got so intence Florida DROPPED us from it"s schedule.

NOW we want to celebrate thier team in our house ?

Maybe the Canes should celebrate the Jets super bowl win.

Dispite the fact Miami turned down the invitation (bad timing) I think it's a bad idea.

Born and raised in Miami and a Canes fan till the end that is just how I feel.

If it wasn't Florida schools, it likely wouldn't even make a headline. It starts with local media.. then the national guys pick it up.

Slow news day I guess.

Winning Solves everything.

I'm a huge U fan and could really care less. Do U fan's and journalists even know that the Fins organization offered the same propisition to the U to celebrate their 2001 Championship and the U turned it down. It was for generating more income via ticket sales and concessions nothing else. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Is this true??? Because that's all Jorge Sedano is harping on.

Who cares who they want to honor. Besides, there are a lot of UF grads in south florida..
They really should have honored Howard Schnellenger and his lifetime achievements. That would be a better story and everyone could have rallied around.

Now THERE's a good idea. Please give Ross a call.

They are going nuts about miami having the 3rd anniversary celbration of the gators national championship. Saluting one of the players of the team we are going against (tebow)!!:crazy:

what did they say?

Is this true??? Because that's all Jorge Sedano is harping on.

Mike Dee did an interview with one of the local papers and specifically mentioned they made the offer to both schools and the U turned it down. You can't fault the Fins FO for that. For some reason its the same people who always bash the FO who are toting their pitchforks again. Also don't think because I live in Minnesota I don't understand the rivalry. My dad was born and raised in Fla and we lived there until I was 11. Some peoples reasons for justifying there opinions are just rediculous.

So because Miami said no, it makes it all good? No, don't offer anything then. It's bad taste. Of course you're not going to understand if you're from Minnesota, or Virginia, or Pennsylvania, or wherever.

Other than allowing the Hurricanes to play in their stadium, the Dolphins owe them nothing. If the Dolphins want to celebrate the Tampa Bay Rays making the World Series in 2008, they should be able to do it. The Hurricanes and Dolphins are completely separate teams and have no connection.

I don't care. I won't go to that game now but as stated previously, there are a lot of UF grads in south florida.

Other than allowing the Hurricanes to play in their stadium, the Dolphins owe them nothing. If the Dolphins want to celebrate the Tampa Bay Rays making the World Series in 2008, they should be able to do it. The Hurricanes and Dolphins are completely separate teams and have no connection.

Your from Pennsylvania. Would Philly celebtrate Penn st ?

Tampa bay never humiliated us like the Gators.

I will be flying over for this game and this has absolutely no bearing on that decision. I am a Canes fan but a Dolphin fan first and foremost.

Back
Top Bottom