Around the Horn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the Horn

nephinsfan said:
Unless wayne has someone in mind and he is feeling out the situation....i doubt it....but if you think about it...what would it help this season if wanny is fired...and he would have to be fired cause he is to stupid to realize that he is destroying this team.
If we lost the next three games....what would it hurt if Wanny was fired?

nephinsfan said:
Unless wayne has someone in mind and he is feeling out the situation....i doubt it....but if you think about it...what would it help this season if wanny is fired...and he would have to be fired cause he is to stupid to realize that he is destroying this team.

They could possibly fire wanny - and instill marc trestman as the interim head coach - he will then appoint himself the OC and then we might be getting somewhere.

inFINSible said:
If we lost the next three games....what would it hurt if Wanny was fired?
It would hurt everything. It would make our franchise fall even further. Dave Wannstedt is God. He is the heart and soul of our beloved franchise......................Thank you. Thank you all. I'll be here 'til Friday. Try the veal. :D

Scrap said:
It would hurt everything. It would make our franchise fall even further. Dave Wannstedt is God. He is the heart and soul of our beloved franchise......................Thank you. Thank you all. I'll be here 'til Friday. Try the veal. :D
:splat:

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Woody Paige is the guy who got suspended for making some stupid comment about Jason Kidd beating his wife or his son. I think he said she deseves to be beaten because she keeps the kid up late on a school night to watch his father play.
Actually that was Rob Ryan who said that, but who cares. Paige is a moron who is one of the worst "personalities" on ESPN. BTW, the functional retard comment was awesome, Section 126
:roflmao:

Woody Paige is awesome, you guys are just hating on him. He is probably right why wouldn't they fire wandstedt after 0-3 give me one good reason. I don't think there is one and Woody has following the game for 30 years he knows what's going on, off the field.
Section126 said:
Woody Paige is a functional retard....

If he told me the sky was blue I would need verification.

Just curious if PFC Live has any info on this.

Finz84 said:
Actually that was Rob Ryan who said that, but who cares. Paige is a moron who is one of the worst "personalities" on ESPN. BTW, the functional retard comment was awesome, Section 126
:roflmao:
I believe it was Bob Ryan, of the Boston Globe who made that comment and he is a much more credible source than Paige. There is no comparison. Woody is a clown.

ptmn said:
Woody Paige is awesome, you guys are just hating on him. He is probably right why wouldn't they fire wandstedt after 0-3 give me one good reason. I don't think there is one and Woody has following the game for 30 years he knows what's going on, off the field.
He might be entertaining but credible is something he is not. He makes a claim every year that the Broncos will go undefeated and he reads cue cards on Around the Horn.

nephinsfan said:
anyone see around the horn tonight on ESPN? I am not to familiar with Woody paige but he is one of the guests on the show and one of the topics was the Phins.....he said according to his sources wanny will be gone in a few weeks..I dont know how reliable he or his "sources" are but what the hell would this franchise be with a firing in the middle of the season??
all the other three guesses say that the only teams they will beat is the Bills and the 49ers.
now I know just as much as you guys how bad ESPN slams the phins....
on a sidenote one of the other guests said that the rumor he is hearing is that wanny will stay for the season but will be fired and jimmy johnson will be back.....I dont see that happening. i think jimmy is happy fishing and he wants nothing to do with taking over for his fired friend.

I don't see this happening but let's say it is, who would any of you see being promoted to interim coach???

Most assistants are probably Wanny clones except for Trestman and Sullivan.
If all the rumors of the rest of the staff not liking Trestman are true you could rule him out.

So then who...... Bates? Sullivan? Forrester (God help us)?

I think Jimmy would come back in Wayne really wants him. Think about it, first, Wayne would give JJ whatever he wanted. Second Jimmy wouldn't have to make a big move, he wouldn't have to make many changes. He would get much more then he did when he was coaching, and who knows, maybe Jimmy feels bad for the guys he drafted, such at JT, Zach, Pat, Sam. JT did say Jimmy made him the player he is. Who know's, there could be more legs to the story. With the better coaches coming out of retirement, getting huge pay increases.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Woody Paige is the guy who got suspended for making some stupid comment about Jason Kidd beating his wife or his son. I think he said she deseves to be beaten because she keeps the kid up late on a school night to watch his father play.

That wasn't Woody, that was the dude from the Boston Globe. He's sometimes on the Sports Reporters show on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom