Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins

Which makes the entire premise of the argument against Matt Ryan bogus. Ever watched that team tackle and cover come playoff time?

Besides, Mark Sanchez ain't that bad anyway. He just threw 26 TD's his 3rd season in the league. Miami hasn't had a QB throw 26 TD's since Marino in '94.

Sanchez is a head scratcher. Very good arm, and he can make plays. Team guy, and he strikes me as having some charisma, decent leader. But he seems to have this penchant fro self destruction. The pick six a few days ago- not only a lousy throw and iirc he stared down the intended receiver in the flat, he threw the ball to the inside closer to the DB. Inexplicable. Tebow seems to think ten times more than Sanchez about how NOT to beat himself and hurt the team, where to place the ball to avoid costly picks, stuff like that. A much better game manager. The Jets offense looks putrid- Sanchez no doubt has talent and potential, but every time I turn around he's shooting himself in the foot.

Sanchez is a head scratcher. Very good arm, and he can make plays. Team guy, and he strikes me as having some charisma, decent leader. But he seems to have this penchant fro self destruction. The pick six a few days ago- not only a lousy throw and iirc he stared down the intended receiver in the flat, he threw the ball to the inside closer to the DB. Inexplicable. Tebow seems to think ten times more than Sanchez about how NOT to beat himself and hurt the team, where to place the ball to avoid costly picks, stuff like that. A much better game manager. The Jets offense looks putrid- Sanchez no doubt has talent and potential, but every time I turn around he's shooting himself in the foot.

One thing I've noticed with him is that he doesn't want to step on anybody's toes and rock the boat. He'll be a good soldier and to some, it makes it look like he doesn't handle pressure. I mean look at Eli, he was the same way for his first few years. When Tiki Barber retired and then basically trashed Eli during his first day with NBC, Eli finally had enough and shot back at Tiki. Several members of the Giants team (including Strahan) have said that's when Eli took the next step. I know a lot of people liked him saying that the huddle was his last week.

But I maintain, that the thing holding Sanchez back is the offense the Jets run, and Sparano wasn't the right move.

One thing I've noticed with him is that he doesn't want to step on anybody's toes and rock the boat. He'll be a good soldier and to some, it makes it look like he doesn't handle pressure. I mean look at Eli, he was the same way for his first few years. When Tiki Barber retired and then basically trashed Eli during his first day with NBC, Eli finally had enough and shot back at Tiki. Several members of the Giants team (including Strahan) have said that's when Eli took the next step. I know a lot of people liked him saying that the huddle was his last week.

But I maintain, that the thing holding Sanchez back is the offense the Jets run, and Sparano wasn't the right move.

I think that the main thing holding Sanchez back is that he's a turnover machine, but I agree about Sparano. The Jets' OL and receivers look pretty weak so far- another team that might have considrered DeCasto in the 1st. Coples is very talented but a big risk imo, we'll see how he does.

I think Luck looked amazing. He had a bad throw, but his receivers dropped two big passes, and the refs swallowed their whistles on two holding/PI calls. Aside from the drives that were stalled by those instances, Luck was unstoppable. His movement in the pocket is already better than all but the very best. His stats don't come close to telling how well he played. I'd trade our entire team for A. Luck.

Are you serious? Manning looked good!

By what measure? He's thrown 3 interceptions....0 touchdowns and has a QB rating in the 40's?

If Ryan Tannehill had played this poorly...most of you would already be calling him a bust...even though he is a rookie.

Unbelieveable!

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I think Luck looked amazing. He had a bad throw, but his receivers dropped two big passes, and the refs swallowed their whistles on two holding/PI calls. Aside from the drives that were stalled by those instances, Luck was unstoppable. His movement in the pocket is already better than all but the very best. His stats don't come close to telling how well he played. I'd trade our entire team for A. Luck.

Didn't he thrown 2 interceptions and 0 touchdowns?

I think that the main thing holding Sanchez back is that he's a turnover machine, but I agree about Sparano. The Jets' OL and receivers look pretty weak so far- another team that might have considrered DeCasto in the 1st. Coples is very talented but a big risk imo, we'll see how he does.

honestly, the fact their OL is struggling is kind of surprising to me. I mean one thing that kind of hurt the Jets is they were banking on Shonn Greene to be able to carry the load and he's been somewhat of a disappointment.

Maybe with Sanchez you can you Falco's Quicksand fear from the Replacements

as for Peyton... this recent preseason game he didn't look that good, but no need to worry. I think people have to get over the notion that Peyton did a lot with nothing however. Yeah in recent years he had no run game and poor OLs (though his OL during their glory years was very good), but the Colts always made sure Peyton had weapons to throw to. I think his Indy weapons are much better than the current Denver options.

Back
Top Bottom