Article: Griese is not Dolphins' Savior | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Griese is not Dolphins' Savior

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like Griese has made more enemies than friends....this article is not encouraging. Let's hope they are wrong.

Griese isn't Dolphins' savior
IN THE SPOTLIGHT By Bill Williamson, NBCSports.com contributor

Beware Dolphins' fans. Don't get too excited. Pick up the phone, send an e-mail. Call someone in Colorado. They will set you straight. They will temper the blind thrill. Brian Griese will disappoint you.

BRIAN GRIESE IS NOT the savior. Brian Griese is not the answer to your Super Bowl dreams.

Griese rudely reminded Denver Broncos fans he is not John Elway.

He will do the same thing in Miami. He is not Bob Griese.

Yes, he is Bob's son. But that's it. The Dolphins are on the Super Bowl horizon because Griese is in the quarterback mix.

Sure, he did a nice job in his Miami debut Monday night against San Diego. And yes, the Dolphins are considering using him as their starting quarterback over Jay Fielder. Griese gave the Dolphins' offense a spark the banged-up Fielder didn't provide.

But the problem is the Dolphins may be falling into the Griese trap. Remember, he started his Broncos' career with a bang. But then he showed he was merely an average player who struggles in pressure situations.

The Dolphins can do worse than Griese. But they can do much better. The Broncos learned that and went in a different direction. They didn't allow themselves to be fooled for too long.

Now, it looks like it's Miami's turn to be romanced and soured by Griese. Be careful.

Wow ... that's harsh. To make that thorough of a judgment of a player based on a career that is still relatively young seems to be overkill.

The guys sounds like a bitter Denver mediazzi, though the byline says NBC Sports.

i lived in Denver when he was there

Brian hated Denver, he hated Shanahan as well. Denver fans will be even more bitter when he plays well here. Give it a rest people. Brian loves South Florida. did you know he got arrested in Denver for DUI. He felt like a sellout for not being a Dolphin. Denver didn't so much give up on Griese, as Griese told them they weren't worth his body and soul. He will give it all for this team, as he has been dreaming of doing sinse birth pretty much.

Yeah OK..... Im not sold on Son Of Bod just yet, but..... they Dropped Griese for JAKE F'ing PLUMBER!!! good call...... not. And now they dont even have a QB, so how smart are they?

This guy needs to realize that we don't need a savior.

All we need is a threat to go downfield.

That's all. Just a threat.

We've got a coordinator that relies on the running game. The running game unfortunately relies on the threat of the pass.

Balance - Something not shown in the 2002 Griese "disappointments".

Portis 2002

Griese 2002

Re: i lived in Denver when he was there

Originally posted by A/C Dorsal
Brian hated Denver, he hated Shanahan as well. Denver fans will be even more bitter when he plays well here. Give it a rest people. Brian loves South Florida. did you know he got arrested in Denver for DUI. He felt like a sellout for not being a Dolphin. Denver didn't so much give up on Griese, as Griese told them they weren't worth his body and soul. He will give it all for this team, as he has been dreaming of doing sinse birth pretty much.

That's a bit mushy, isn't it? I just hope he plays well and we are not disappointed. I don't want to hear about his body and soul and his dreams. I just want him to play good football.

hmmm, well i have to tell myself these things. he does have a shoulder problem... i don't want the pissy denver fans to be right.

Originally posted by WestPhish
Looks like Griese has made more enemies than friends....this article is not encouraging. Let's hope they are wrong.

nobody says that Griese will be the savior. This guy writes for NBC and nBC don't do football no way !! ;)
But i think the biggest reason for his failure was as much on Shanahan as anything. usually when there's a personal conflict, it's only a matter of time!!

Don't make excuses for Griese to please your own wants, Griese is what he is, and the guy who wrote the article is pretty much right on, from the games I've seen of BG. In pressure games, against good competition, he's not too good, if he starts this Weekend, I'm hoping the D is at their very best..He will need them a lot.

We have already heard all this same bad mouthing when Miami
got Ricky Williams. But I guess the critics never learn. Brian will be
just fine!!!

Originally posted by CpuFan
We have already heard all this same bad mouthing when Miami
got Ricky Williams. But I guess the critics never learn. Brian will be
just fine!!!

I think Ricky's problem in New Orleans was a little different, because the problem was mental (his social anxiety disorder), talent was never a question. In this case, Brian's abilities as a QB are being questioned.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Don't make excuses for Griese to please your own wants, Griese is what he is, and the guy who wrote the article is pretty much right on, from the games I've seen of BG. In pressure games, against good competition, he's not too good, if he starts this Weekend, I'm hoping the D is at their very best..He will need them a lot.

Really I used to see him as another Drew Bledsoe....

A guy that an offensive coordinator thought that he could rip teams apart with....So he just sends him back in the pocket to fail....Over and over and over and over...

Run,Pass,Run,Pass,Run,Pass,Run,Pass,Run, Run, Pass, Pass....(Maybe I'd mix it up a little more than that):D

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

i wasn't making an excuse for him. just stating a possible reason. Time will tell tho.

I think Ricky's problem in New Orleans was a little different, because the problem was mental (his social anxiety disorder), talent was never a question. In this case, Brian's abilities as a QB are being questioned.

Thanks Westphish, I'm glad someone sees what we're talking about, looks like CpuFan missed the whole question. :D

it's the talent, not the off field problems. Ricky was a monster in NO..BG was not. Big difference.

I beg to differ. Ricky's detractors also said he was one-dimensional and could not break the big run.

Back
Top Bottom