Article: Griese is not Dolphins' Savior | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: Griese is not Dolphins' Savior

This guy is over-reacting. No one is looking for a savior, we are looking for a QB that can hook up with our recievers and open up the running game for Ricky. Now if Griese can do that.. dont know, have to wait till the Indy game. But people need to remember that Griese was VERY unhappy in Denver. He loves Florida because he is home. He went to high school here and his family lives here. I think he is happier here which in turn he should play better here. This guy needs to just get over it.

all i want out of BG is what he did in michigan. he managed the game with good talent around him. he didnt make mistakes. we need to protect him with great pass protection if he will do this in hte long haul.

Originally posted by fin-atic
This article is such BS. I can't believe some of you are falling in line with it. Hmmm maybe some folks can't let go of old #9.

I love how they say Griese got worse in Denver. No one mentions the injuries to Rod Smith, the release of Shannon Shapre, the injury to McAffery, or the terrible defense they had during that time. It was Griese who after a national championship, and a Pro Bowl, forgot how to play. Hah! That Denver team was old and banged up. Hell Jason Taylor lived in the backfield. They are horrible pass blockers. Not to mention the inuries and rotation at RB.

We don't need Griese to be a "savior". We just need a good QB who can be consistent and enough of a threat to keep defenses honest.

I think he does that for us.

This article is from a CBS writer who I would suspect is a New Yorker who would love to tear us down.

I think most fans feel the way I do. I saw enough to give us hope. Now we will see what happens next. If Brian can do it again this weekend against one of the top three teams in the league then we can feel confident we have our guy.

Its too early to ink him permanently but definitely more premature to dismiss him.

its just another ricky is a loser article. up here in buffalo they say fielder sucks and that griese would be better. then griese does that on MNF and now they say he is a drunk loser. so which is it? fact is, the media doenst like miami and never will. so they will talk down miami any way they can. they dont make any money talking about miami. they cant face the facts that seau makes our defense better, or that griese can actually make us dangerous.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

The big run thing was extra to cover letting him go. This was strictly a personality thing between Ricky and the head coach. Hasslet Period.

Oh, but when I mention that Griese's problems in Denver likely was Shananhan, I was making excuses. Maybe if I said "period", it wouldn't have been?? :eek:

Fins don't need the second coming of Marino to make it to the big dance.

All they need is a good QB to complement their great RB and defense.

I am far more concerned about the O-line and #2WR than QB at this point.

Ohmigosh!

MDFINFAN

>>>Don't make excuses for Griese to please your own wants, Griese is what he is, and the guy who wrote the article is pretty much right on, from the games I've seen of BG. In pressure games, against good competition, he's not too good, if he starts this Weekend, I'm hoping the D is at their very best..He will need them a lot<<<

WHAT games did you see? To be a broken record: Monday night, 2000, vs the Raiders. With a 3RD DEGREE shoulder separation early in the 1st Quarter, he went 25-37-1-262. The Pass Rush ratio was 39/23. Is that not considered a bit of pressure? There are a lot more.

13isgr81

>>>We know what we get with Jay... But until the time comes when Brian gets the snot knocked out of him, gets up for the next play, stands confident in the pocket, makes his reads, and throws a strike to an open reciever, we just won't know, we can't know.... but we can hope...<<<

Please see the above post. Oh, that's right. Steve Beuerlein came in for the next play. 1 pass, then Brian took over again. As to knowing what you have in Jay.....

Brian 52 games 74 TD 53 Int 84.7 PR

Jay.. 48 games 56 TD 52 Int 78.6 PR

That is Career and please remember Brian faced the toughest teams in the League his first year as a starter, due to the SB Win. (Talk about pressure) Then he gets to throw to one receiver who didn't drop the ball and was playing with two bad ankles, ALL of 2001. Not to mention that Shanaham was trying to give his beloved TD playing time and kept putting him in the easiest games, taking him out the harder ones. That is, when TD wasn't taking himself out AT GAMETIME. Enough pressure yet?

Well, then IN the Locker Room, Brian makes the statement that someone NOT named Rod Smith needed to step up. Shanaham went ballistic and reemed him in the media. Shanaham doesn't seem to mind Rod Smith dressing down the players though, even when he goes out and commits stupid penalties right afterward.

Shanaham's whole problem with Brian came when the media asked Brian what he would do if Shanaham left for the college team? Brian said he would play for whoever the coach was. WRONG answer!! For Shanaham's elaborate ego, only something like, "I will quit football forever", would have worked. The media then went berserk and decided Brian had insulted Shanaham. I have no idea what 'they' THOUGHT he should have said.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Let's not get ahead of ourselves buddy. I mean, I know you're happy to see new blood at quarterback, but we only scored 26 points on the Chargers. The offense showed more pep, to be sure, but there are many other issues this offense needs to resolve before it can be counted on to rack up 28-34 points per game.

Come on, that was pure Wanny ball. We scored 24 points in the first half. Who didn't expect Wanny to shut down the offense for the second half? I admit the play calls weren't as bad as normal, most of the drives were stopped by WR's dropping passes.

Wanny didn't SHUT DOWN the offense, at least not until the 4th quarter...

When you attempt to throw the ball down field and it is dropped that is NOT called conservative... Its called poor execution...

There were in the second half, there's only so much time to be agressive... After roughly 4 dropped passes in failing drives, plus Ricky's fumble the 4th quarter came around and we had game in hand. Wanny mercifully puts the Team on Auto Pilot and waits for the thing to end.

Go watch the stinkin tape. Miami WAS agressive in the 3rd.... Just not in the 4th because they were a beaten team...
I mean how would Miami look...?
Its 4th quarter, were up by 16 and instead of just controlling the clock and trying to get first downs on the ground and pass when necessary, we have to beat up on a injured, beaten, losing, San Diego team thats playing a home game in an away stadium because their entire home city is on fire... And so what do you expect Wanny, a conservative coach, to do? Demand to Norv that he try to run up the score on them in the 4th? What would people say about Wanny then? He would go from gutless player coach wuss to heartless ego driven satan...

In some peoples eyes, I guess there is just no winning for Wanny, even when he beats a team by 16 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom