Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB?

What year would you say was Rodgers worse year where he started every game and let's compare that to Tuas pro bowl year last season.

Honestly I don't care that Tua led the league in passing yards. Jameis winston did too a few years ago. I would be more sold on Tua if he played his best against better teams like the elite QBs do. I don't care about the stats and numbers. Especially against crap teams. I just want to see him play his best in the games against good teams. Tuas record against teams with winning records is terrible and so are his precious stats. The fact is he played his best games against bad teams and he played his worst games against good teams. Tua could have only threw for 3500-4K yards but played better against the playoff teams and win a game or two more and I would be closer to thinking that maybe he is top 5. It's not about the numbers. The numbers were inflated against the bad teams anyways.

He has to play better against the good teams otherwise he is nothing more than Kirk Cousins. Which isn't bad but just not good enough to make a team competitive year in and year out like the truly elite QBs do.

I'm not convinced that Tua is anywhere close to being a top 5 QB. And the majority of football fans would agree. Don't shelter yourself to Tua and Fins fans otherwise when you have real conversations with real football folks you just come across as ignorant or bias homer fan.
They don’t want to hear that the guy they’ve pinned all their hopes on is the Same guy who had the best supporting cast in college football ?…..and still lost big games to Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow when it mattered to end his career?

They say that is irrelevant?

I say it’s a trend……stat champions aren’t necessarily champions?

None of that means your a champion….?

Last time I counted there is one champion per season

Based on your ideology Marino came up short a lot more than he came up big

In fact Marino never came up big then, and you will hang your hat on that

Yet you have put your support behind a lot of chaff QBs over the years

I appreciate you're optimism but outside a few delusional homer dolphin fans, No one would rather have Tua over Josh Allen. It's the reason why we can't win the division.
Dolphins with Skylar Thompson as a rookie almost beat Josh Allen and an arguably more talented Bills team in a playoff game. Just saying.

So basically... Im saying the better than Tua QBs play their best against the better teams, and don't try to come at me with what really happened in real life, **** math!!

You can’t get any more nebulous than that. 😂

Good job! Outstanding! Reassemble your weapon and continue Blake!!!

View attachment 169130

Truth hurts fellas. But someone needs to tell you that Santa Claus isn't real.

I'm not even saying Tua sucks. I'm pointing out what Tua has to do to ever get in the conversation of top 5 QBs

Last edited:
Dolphins with Skylar Thompson as a rookie almost beat Josh Allen and an arguably more talented Bills team in a playoff game. Just saying.

Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. We also almost won the division Last year too but we still came up short against the Bills.

I'll suggest a few (fair) reasons Tua doesn't get as much support as some of the NFL elites:

What makes people question Tua is that he doesn't scare you unless he's well supported. For instance, during the Flores years he wasn't scaring anyone. It's hard to imagine Mahomes or Allen ever being entirely forgettable just because their teams weren't great. You can't really take away the "scare factor" from guys like Mahomes and Allen. Rodgers used to be that way. Marino, too. Tua on a bad team isn't scaring anyone. Defense's know they're playing the offense and not the QB. The elites are always going to be those singular QBs who themselves bring the scare factor.

From a passing standpoint, Tua may find a place in next group of "2nd tier" QBs which I'd say are Burrow, Jackson, etc. Right now he's lacking the accomplishments. Jackson has multiple MVP awards and Burrow has a slew of Playoff wins, many against the most elite competition: KC, Buf, Bal, etc. Without any big-time wins, Tua (now) falls a notch below. If Tua had stayed healthy and earned some Playoff wins over the last couple years he'd be in this category, maybe even leading it. But without ANY big-time wins in Dec-Jan it's all TBD.

People generally seem to imagine the team around him having to be perfect. Even Tua's most excited supporters do this. If the WRs are lacking, we hear excuses. If the run game isn't there, we hear excuses. If the OL is lacking, we hear excuses. The Tua supporters are simply never going to ask him to rise above and lift the team by himself. They'll never put actual pressure on him to rise above the most difficult things. If he's not expected to do that, how can he ever really prove scary to other teams? If coverage can defeat your QB, good defenses will do it. If physical defense can do it or bad weather, you can't be seen as elite. The elite QB of today's modern NFL is virtually unstoppable at their peak. We've seen this Tua offense stopped in its tracks by good defense too many times and we've seen that it's not very robust to injury. If even a couple pieces go down, it begins to become unreliable.

We all want Tua and the Dolphins offense to be successful but arguing about whether he's "elite" or "top-5" misses the point. It's all just nonsense until something of relevance actually happens.

Everybody here wants wins. Until we get those in Dec-Feb these sort of topics just come off as kind of sad and pathetic. If you're "elite" it's because no one questions that fact.

Last edited:
I'll suggest a few (fair) reasons Tua doesn't get as much support as some of the NFL elites:

What makes people question Tua is that he doesn't scare you unless he's well supported. For instance, during the Flores years he wasn't scaring anyone. It's hard to imagine Mahomes or Allen ever being entirely forgettable just because their teams weren't great. You can't really take away the "scare factor" from guys like Mahomes and Allen. Rodgers used to be that way. Marino, too. Tua on a bad team isn't scaring anyone. Defense's know they're playing the offense and not the QB. The elites are always going to be those singular QBs who themselves bring the scare factor.

From a passing standpoint, Tua may find a place in next group of "2nd tier" QBs which I'd say are Burrow, Jackson, etc. Right now he's lacking the accomplishments. Jackson has multiple MVP awards and Burrow has a slew of Playoff wins, many against the most elite competition: KC, Buf, Bal, etc. Without any big-time wins, Tua (now) falls a notch below. If Tua had stayed healthy and earned some Playoff wins over the last couple years he'd be in this category, maybe even leading it. But without ANY big-time wins in Dec-Jan it's all TBD.

People generally seem to imagine the team around him having to be perfect. Even Tua's most excited supporters do this. If the WRs are lacking, we hear excuses. If the run game isn't there, we hear excuses. If the OL is lacking, we hear excuses. The Tua supporters are simply never going to ask him to rise above and lift the team by himself. They'll never put actual pressure on him to rise above the most difficult things. If he's not expected to do that, how can he ever really prove scary to other teams? If coverage can defeat your QB, good defenses will do it. If physical defense can do it or bad weather, you can't be seen as elite. The elite QB of today's modern NFL is virtually unstoppable at their peak. We've seen this Tua offense stopped in its tracks by good defense too many times and we've seen that it's not very robust to injury. If even a couple pieces go down, it begins to become unreliable.

We all want Tua and the Dolphins offense to be successful but arguing about whether he's "elite" or "top-5" misses the point. It's all just nonsense until something of relevance actually happens.

Everybody here wants wins. Until we get those in Dec-Feb these sort of topics just come off as kind of sad and pathetic. If you're "elite" it's because no one questions that fact.
I think you have captured it fairly and accurately. Yes, we all want Tua to succeed as he is the Fins QB, but we can't run away from his deficiencies and lack of success when he's needed the most. I've said this before and people scoff, but I think it's true, he lacks the swagger and confidence the elite QBs all have. Add to the fact that after all of this time he's still trying to figure the basics out like his weight. Last year it was bulk up. This year it's slim down. I mean c'mon already I would have hoped he was past knowing how to condition himself. Maybe he has too many people whispering in his ear, but who knows. Let's hope this is the year he matures!

The whole team shrinks against the good teams. Why must it always be one player that accepts all the blame? I don't know if he is the answer but he is not the only problem.
True-but as I said before the QB is the star of the team. He will always get the most blame and the most accolades as the rules are set up to allow the QB's to be successful and put fans in seats. That's the NFL like it or not.

I think you have captured it fairly and accurately. Yes, we all want Tua to succeed as he is the Fins QB, but we can't run away from his deficiencies and lack of success when he's needed the most. I've said this before and people scoff, but I think it's true, he lacks the swagger and confidence the elite QBs all have. Add to the fact that after all of this time he's still trying to figure the basics out like his weight. Last year it was bulk up. This year it's slim down. I mean c'mon already I would have hoped he was past knowing how to condition himself. Maybe he has too many people whispering in his ear, but who knows. Let's hope this is the year he matures!
Can't believe I am doing this but here goes.

I agree with one part of you post. Tua needs to Saltify (yes I spelled it right) himself. My wife likes it a lot when Tua has a mean on and is ****y. She also like his thick thighs and behind.

Someone should grab his fav guitar before each game and crush it with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) in front of him before kickoff.

Back
Top Bottom