Article on Drew Rosenhaus, our favorite agent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on Drew Rosenhaus, our favorite agent

Ohio Fanatic

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://cfserv.dickinson.edu/dickinsonian/detail.cfm?1083

This article must be read, just so we have a better understanding of how much a scumbag Drew really is. Makes me hate him even more. I love the last paragraph of the article.

But those are not the opinions that matter most to the Shark. Rosenhaus believes that in a league where contracts can be cancelled by teams at anytime without any compensation to the player, he is an ally to those in need. He compares himself to Conan the Barbarian: "He could take on 30 guys. He's relentless, fearless, brave, but a good guy who defends the weak." Most people don't realize that these millionaire athletes are just damsels in distress, with Rosenhaus there to sweep them off their feet.

I don't want to read the article, the paragraph you quoted is enough to tell me that it written by a naive and ignorant fan boy. I wonder how many people would survive a bar fight with these pansy damsels?

bigmiamifan said:
I don't want to read the article, the paragraph you quoted is enough to tell me that it written by a naive and ignorant fan boy. I wonder how many people would survive a bar fight with these pansy damsels?

The last paragraph probably isn't an opinion by the young writer, more of an opinion of Drew of himself. the writer may be a fan, but is probably just regurgitating info in his article.

first it has been stated by the writers/developers (for lack of a better term) jerry mcquire was patterned after leigh steinberg.

secondly if i was a player i would want the best and at this point it is clear he is...

Brett Farve doesn't want him.

How hard is it to tell players to hold out? He's not helping them. He might get them a bigger paycheck this time, but he's hurting their careers. I would, as a coach/owner, be more concerned with holdout history than character issues.

That's the difference, perspective. Owner's/coaches and even other agents have serious issues from Drew because he's such a sleazeball. People like Drew do hurt their respective sports. Fortunately, the NFL is such a strong institution, that it can survive tactics by Drew and his clients. But look at other sports: hockey was ruined by skyrocketing salaries, and who was behind that: stupid agents. baseball is a joke now because of inflated salaries. Basketball is approaching the same plateau.

Drew is a business man.. plain and simple.. and he does his job great. The man has excellence public relation and personal selling skills because he has awesome relationships with most of the NFL coaches. He gets his players top dollar and that is what an agent is suppose to do. Compared to other agents i think he tries to get his players IN mini-camp/training camp unlike many others.

he's the best there is at getting you your money..you may hate him but he's great at what he does and i would make sure he was my agent also...its a business...he's not hurting anybody's career...if anything he has made their career better...and i thought jerry mcguire was surroundied Drew not Leigh...

tucker said:
he's the best there is at getting you your money..you may hate him but he's great at what he does and i would make sure he was my agent also...its a business...he's not hurting anybody's career...if anything he has made their career better...and i thought jerry mcguire was surroundied Drew not Leigh...
Drew was the character Bob Sugar in the movie.

first of all, drew is a business man, a salesman , a great agent that gets his players deals that they want, if not better than what they expected. I live down here in south florida and occasionally run into him. Let me tell you, him and his brother are great guys. They aren't those flashy type of guys. When he's out there watching the fins practice, he's always up in the stands talking to people and just being a normal guy, wearing normal clothes. Wanny and speielman hated him cause they knew they cant win with him. People hate him cause he is the best at what he does. Me, I personally love what he does and the manner in which he does it. And if he was such a scumbag, why does he represent close to 100 of the nearly 3300 athletes in the NFL, most of which are the BIG names in the league. Don't blame him for the players siting out, yeah he has something to do with it but it's not like he's holding a gun to the players head. All he does is look out for his clients best interest. I do not agree with T.O. demanding more $, although he isn't paid as a top 2 receiver in the league and he certainly is , whith Harrison or Moss being the other. DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME!!!!

He's not as bad as people make him out to be. Dude is a workhorse too. For those who call him a scumbag, I'd like to see them do what he does for just one day. They'd gain a lot of respect for him.

He IS the best at what he does for a reason.

I love the fact that he uses the excuse that teams cancell contracts of players without any compensation but he tells players under contract to hold out.

Back
Top Bottom