Artificial Intelligence and How it Relates to the Miami Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Artificial Intelligence and How it Relates to the Miami Dolphins

This is bull crap! My post that got deleted clearly had dolphins related info in it

This is bull crap! My post that got deleted clearly had dolphins related info in it
It wasn't your post that was the issue. In this case it was the post you quoted.

Standard practice when we delete posts, we also delete those that "quote" it, for obvious reasons.

It wasn't your post that was the issue. In this case it was the post you quoted.

Standard practice when we delete posts, we also delete those that "quote" it, for obvious reasons.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see said the blind man.

Nextgen stats are already using AI extensively... They've given AI eyes by putting gps chips in players pads, they can now ID which routes players runs, how crisp of a route each one was, at what speed the player was going throughout, how many times different players ran each type of routes and how successful at it they were...

Without looking at a single football play and in a matter of minutes.. We're talking about thousands of man hours to accomplish the same thing....

Yeah... its already here.
Yup...its all about processing speed and memory, combined with programming that geometrically increases efficiency...leading some to believe that the resulting output shows actual "consciousness of thought and actual awareness" by the program (AI). We, meaning us people, will always be able to harness this. That's as sure as the sun rising in the morning! Program enough "human characteristics and thinking patterns" in and results will tend to "mimic" us pretty realistically.

Let's see em try to mimic our gorgeous Miami Dolphin Cheerleaders...HA! Ain't gonna happen!

EXACTLY !!! Those who confuse AI with advanced computing are clueless. AI is a different animal entirely.
Completely agree.

The reality is, though, that business enterprises have adopted the phrase as a marketing tool for things that have no artificial "intelligence" whatsoever. Let's face it, it's catchy and has probably become a conventional term for high level data processing.

Unfortunately, it does confuse some ppl to the point they lump it all together.

Completely agree.

The reality is, though, that business enterprises have adopted the phrase as a marketing tool for things that have no artificial "intelligence" whatsoever. Let's face it, it's catchy and has probably become a conventional term for high level data processing.

Unfortunately, it does confuse some ppl to the point they lump it all together.
Well, there is the fact that AI is advanced computing...but the "concept" is a work in progress for sure. I had envisioned the "more practical and less feared" version of AI when I made this post...that being the extremely high level data processing, perhaps to eventually be used in player analysis and offensive play designs/permutations for the Miami Dolphins. Not "Skynet" at QB. haha

Back
Top Bottom