Artificial Intelligence and How it Relates to the Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Artificial Intelligence and How it Relates to the Miami Dolphins

What does that have to do with football statistical analysis?

I'm certainly not, nor do I claim to be, an expert on everything, and I suppose ppl can use the term "AI" differently depending on context.

The AI I to which I am referring involves "machine" learning and growth as an entity beyond specific human input to derive solutions, make decisions, etc in the same or similar way as the neural network enables humans to learn and grow beyond the sum of aforementioned input.

What kind of AI are you talking about? I realize the term has been adopted for things that do not really qualify as "intelligence" in the sense that actual intelligence, by definition, denotes/implies an awareness or purposeful intent on an at least rudimentary level.

Perhaps our definitions are very different. If so, my apologies if you felt insulted. I gather from your posts that this isn't the first time I have offended you in some way. Again, my apologies. There's really no reason for hard feeling or holding grudges on an internet forum, IMO. Some do, though.
Adobe illustrator .ai

There’s two a him? Yikes! Check please!
I really hate to encourage your silliness, but this line seems appropriate.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Well, you can eventually, but that's called death. Not a fan....

Cloud - Previously known as other people's computers
AI - Previously known as Search
GridVid - Previously known as football played by professional athletes on a real field in a real stadium watched by millions.

Ahhh progress....

Meh... Football is played on the field and no AI is going to replace that in our lifetime(Boston dynamics are still a few decades away). What AI could do is steer teams in the right direction when it comes to drafting, play calling frequency improvement, injury management, Cap management... (To many areas to list really).

I do concrete form work for a living, specifically the dudes they call when everyone else said that **** cant be done, AI isn't a threat... But if your main tool at work is a computer, and repetitive stuff is part of your routine, you might be out of a job real soon.
I guess I take the term "artificial intelligence" too literally, and not in what may be mainstream context. To me, intelligence denotes an ability to think conceptually and/or "understand", rather than simply process data at a level previously not possible via model training. For example, I don't think things like chatgpt or voice modeling is true intelligence. A cool and innovative use of cutting edge tech, yes. Actual intelligence, though? I have to say no. More of an advertising buzzword.

I'm certainly not, nor do I claim to be, an expert on everything, and I suppose ppl can use the term "AI" differently depending on context.

The AI I to which I am referring involves "machine" learning and growth as an entity beyond specific human input to derive solutions, make decisions, etc in the same or similar way as the neural network enables humans to learn and grow beyond the sum of aforementioned input.

What kind of AI are you talking about? I realize the term has been adopted for things that do not really qualify as "intelligence" in the sense that actual intelligence, by definition, denotes/implies an awareness or purposeful intent on an at least rudimentary level.

Perhaps our definitions are very different. If so, my apologies if you felt insulted. I gather from your posts that this isn't the first time I have offended you in some way. Again, my apologies. There's really no reason for hard feeling or holding grudges on an internet forum, IMO. Some do, though.
Nice post. AI is still very hazy in terms of how you define it. I still find the level of AI terribly primitive. As a programmer I know that nothing has programmed itself independently, we as humans just pump a program we wrote with lots of information and then let the code we wrote make "choices" based on random numbers. There's a bit more to it, but that sums it up.

People are suddenly babbling about it endlessly and I've gotten sick of it.

Any AI associated with football would really just be the same (as you say) as statistical analysis. The analysis can get more and more detailed, but it's still a guess based on programming. "AI" can't design a new play that has any greater chance of working than a human.

Of course some believe humans are basically a chunk of computer code running in a giant computer beast and we are all the matrix guy.

AI is still so primitive IMO. I'll take a human coach over AI any day of the year.

Sorry, that is my "I'm sitting in the Netherlands on a rainy Sunday while drinking wine after 11 straight days of biking 35 miles every day" diatribe. Only two more days and I'll be in Bruges and I get to let my booty rest. 🤣🤣

Sure keep thinking you're the smartest one in the room. You don't know what you are talking about and I will stop there. It's a waste of my time arguing with you.

As far as a grudge goes, you banned me in a thread for no reason and make countless attacks on other posters. Really kind of a waste of a mod IMO. So, do me a favor save your apology and just don't address my posts.

Kthnxbye.

Sure keep thinking you're the smartest one in the room. You don't know what you are talking about and I will stop there. It's a waste of my time arguing with you.

As far as a grudge goes, you banned me in a thread for no reason and make countless attacks on other posters. Really kind of a waste of a mod IMO. So, do me a favor save your apology and just don't address my posts.

Kthnxbye.
Well, don't recall the specific incident, but I don't know that I have ever banned anyone unilaterally without discussion with other staff. If I did, it was either a very egregious infraction, or a train wreck pissing match of a "pointless" nature.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though. That includes me, as well as you.

Have a great day.

Well, don't recall the specific incident, but I don't know that I have ever banned anyone unilaterally without discussion with other staff. If I did, it was either a very egregious infraction, or a train wreck pissing match of a "pointless" nature.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though. That includes me, as well as you.

Have a great day.
Nope, it was you being you for another poster. But keep up the horrible work there. And like I said, just stay away from my posts if you don't like it, hell even if you like it, just no time for you.

No. Do something.

OK......I will.....

Nope, it was you being you for another poster. But keep up the horrible work there. And like I said, just stay away from my posts if you don't like it, hell even if you like it, just no time for you.
Like I said, there was a discussion with staff.

As far as staying away from your posts, that seems a silly demand, considering this is a internet discussion forum.

I will try to remember not to quote you directly when expressing an opinion, though, if it makes you feel better.

Shoot darn **** oh well
James/Stevie, I was at the game last night, F*King rollercoaster!!!!
Down 4-1 going into the third, scored early and then again with about 6min left.
Scored with empty net with 20sec. left to tie, the roof almost came off the building!!!
Jets hit 2 post in OT and Vegas went bar down to finish it on one Helle had no chance on.
Jets owner game 1 and games 2/3 have been flip of coin as both teams had their moments but Jets lost both. Now have to deal with loss of Morrissey and still now Ehlers or Perfetti…..
Regardless, still anyone’s series, Monday night gonna be a great game!!!

Cloud - Previously known as other people's computers
AI - Previously known as Search
GridVid - Previously known as football played by professional athletes on a real field in a real stadium watched by millions.

Ahhh progress....
Yes progress! Always good! I love the inevitability… in many ways the concept is inextricably linked to time itself. In that, like time, we must move forward… Matter of fact, we can ONLY move forward. Change is good! It’s also inevitable…embrace Change and embrace Progress. 🤠 Since we’re going “there” - why not “find a way” to ENJOY the ride?

Football will always be played on the field! You tried to make a gargantuan logical leap to the third point…you failed. But, I would have to bet that you enjoy playing Madden?🤔Am I correct?

Last edited:
I really hate to encourage your silliness, but this line seems appropriate.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Well, you can eventually, but that's called death. Not a fan....
Mach2! I’m not afraid of death, are you?

“We ARE, all just prisoners here, of our own device”

Mach2! I’m not afraid of death, are you?

“We ARE, all just prisoners here, of our own device”
Not afraid, as it isn't like there is a choice, but not rushing it along, or welcoming it either.

Back
Top Bottom