As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ?

Heh, very low chance we end up with the #1 overall pick, and not really even worth considering at this point. But .... since you brought it up! The top pick in 2021 will be Trevor Lawrence, the highest rated QB prospect to come along since Andrew Luck. He has the productivity of almost anyone, paired with truly elite tools in arm talent, size, accuracy, and decision making. It would be very hard for any team to pass on using that pick. ANY team.

Assuming we have Tua and he has proven to be our QB of the future, holding onto the top pick until fairly late in the process could probably net us three #1 picks, which could vault this team into contention immediately. With our huge war chest in 2021 already, we could easily shift one of those #1's into a future draft and still win big. If Tua proves healthy and on his way to becoming a good NFL QB, that is likely the right way to go and likely what we will do. But if Tua gets hurt again or struggles initially ... Ross will have a lot of big time questions, that would include drafting Trevor Lawrence, potentially cleaning house AGAIN if we fail to win at least 7 games, and offering this gold mine situation to a new GM and Coach. That is a frightening scenario to even consider ... another 3 years of ugly rebuilding. Let's hope that does not happen.

There is very little chance the Texans are the worst team in the NFL though, and not every opponent is the KC Chiefs, let's be real here. So, the much more likely scenario is that the Dolphins have their own draft pick around the 8-14 pick slot, and the Texans pick could be anywhere from the 12-22 slot, giving us two solid first rounders ... no controversy, and no critical regime shifting decisions.

Heh, very low chance we end up with the #1 overall pick, and not really even worth considering at this point.

There is very little chance the Texans are the worst team in the NFL though, and not every opponent is the KC Chiefs, let's be real here.

Yeah, let’s indeed be real here.

It’s very worth considering how bad HOU is and may be later in the season. I’ve been saying it all offseason. HOU is vastly overrated. And lost their #1 offensive threat outside of their QB.

Have you looked at their first 7 games?? It wouldn’t be a complete shock if they lost ALL 7. Then what?

The real ‘what if’ to consider is — what if DeShaun Watson goes down for any length of time? That team is surely a bottom 5, possibly bottom 3 team and in contention for a top pick.

Even with Watson healthy I think HOU is in trouble. They vastly overachieved last season, when most things went their way in winning 6-7 games they easily could have lost. What if things don’t go their way this season? History suggests that JJ Watt is bound to miss some time. And their defense ain’t that good to begin with.

IDK how it will eventually play out, but HOU conveying a top 5 pick isn’t far fetched at all. And top 3, even #1, isn’t far fetched if Watson misses significant time.

I’m fine with Miami going 8-8 if Houston’s record is 4-12 is worse. If Houston ends up being 8-8 or better, I’d rather Miami finish bottom 5 (if they don’t make the playoffs) only due to where they’d pick in the draft.

No excuses in 2021 though.

If Deshaun Watson doesn't get some help out there, they're going to be carting him off the field by November.

They play BAL, @PIT, MIN over the next three weeks. Good luck with that.

Whatever morons gifted kc kelechi osemele as a free agent add I’m sure on the dirt cheap lookin real damn stupid now.

That kc oline is damn good and with him back and motivated and healthy whoof

Keep fightin Covid tardif I’m sure the kc staff is saying watching that osemele tape from last night lol

Houston’s problem is they don’t have a right tackle foot speed wise that can handle a legit speed rusher and Miami probably has the same problem.

But more than that they don’t have enough at wr. It’s the same problem miami would have without dvp and Preston. Tbe wr level would show up not good enough.

And they like Miami don’t have enough elsewhere to offset skill position wise.

Teams are gonna make watson dink and dunk all the way down the field. Let their finesse speed WRs catch the ball in front of them coverage wise and tackle.

I just gave you the recipe. Attack the right tackle with speed off the edge and play coverage whenever possible to force watson to throw underneath.

Last edited:
Houston’s problem is they don’t have a right tackle foot speed wise that can handle a legit speed rusher and Miami probably has the same problem.

But more than that they don’t have enough at wr. It’s the same problem miami would have without dvp and Preston. Tbe wr level would show up not good enough.

And they like Miami don’t have enough elsewhere to offset skill position wise.

Teams are gonna make watson dink and dunk all the way down the field. Let their finesse speed WRs catch the ball in front of them coverage wise and tackle.

I just gave you the recipe. Attack the right tackle with speed off the edge and play coverage whenever possible to force watson to throw underneath.

I mean on paper they have Fuller, Stills, Cobb and Cooks . . . plus 2 solid pass catching backs with the Johnson boys. Sure that doesn't replace Nuk, but it's not like we are talking the 2012 Dolphins WR group either.

KC is just really darn good defensively I think, and Houston will likely fire their coach/GM before the season is over.

Kcs got legit guys at 3 critical spots. The rest are mostly fillers. Clark speed rush off the edge, Chris jones inside, and matheiu.

But of course it all looks better when you got an offense denting that scoreboard like kcs does.

So they will be very opportunistic with the play making on d.

Houston needs to shift into more quick stuff ball out of hand. With WRs that don’t really like working the underneath and in traffic. They got to hide that right tackle foot speed and teams will give you the tight end production from Akins which will be hit and miss gladly to keep the you from getting over the top of their coverage with speed WRs.

Implement more Cobb less stills and probably cooks

Mahomes hust always has an answer. Andy Reid is as creative as he’s ever been right now too. He was taking advantage of that young LB level last night w/ all the movement in the backfield. Kelce specifically was taking advantage

Watson never trusted his first read

Back
Top Bottom