As of right now, with 2 games to go do you want Chris Grier back next season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As of right now, with 2 games to go do you want Chris Grier back next season?

As of right now do you want Chris Grier as GM next season

• Yes

Votes: 101 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • Do you think he’ll be back

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny...

Not too long ago, Grier was the worse thing to happen to Miami since...forever.

Now that we're winning...I see a lot of people are whistling a different tune.
Not everyone. Do you trust him with the keys for the offensive line again????

Yes...

I trust him with the keys for the offensive line again...

I don't trust Flores to give those o-linemen proper coaching....

How soon we forget. Waddle is proving to be the best WR in this draft, and oh by the way, there's an additional 1st round pick in there somewhere. Igbo was drafted because X had an injury that was a unknown and a domestic issue that clouded his future here, according to many. Last year's draft was all about Tua as I recall, and he is a keeper, case closed. By the way we also got Hunt and Raekwon. Many OL draftees take time to develop. Last year near the beginning of the year many were very happy with the 'newbies' on the OL. The jury is still out on all of them. The OL coaching situation is beyond pitiful and the need for this thread a day after the Flores thread is dubious at best. Only some of the fools on the internet would fire either one.

Last edited:
I mean the oline needs work. And Burks would be great if we lucked into him.

But a serious team is being assembled. I don't see how we could send him packing.

2021 draft in comparison to 2020 is night and day. But ignoring the OL in FA and continuously selecting the wrong players, especially at tackle, is tiring to endure. For the inability alone to improve the OL over his tenure, I'd vote him out.

We've invested big time in the OL via the draft in the last few years, and every player we've drafted outside of Robert Hunt is garbage. Grier handpicked arguably the 2 worst starting tackles (before Jackson moved inside) in the NFL in the first 2 rounds of consecutive drafts. That's inexcusable.

Ogbah, Sieler, Byron Jones
While Jones is certainly a plus player, I wouldn't give anyone credit for signing him to the contract that he was signed to. He's one of the most overpaid players in the NFL when you factor in production. Doesn't cause turnovers, and is nowhere near a "lockdown" corner - gets abused routinely down the field.

Hey Fam

Start off by thanking fam Kebo for the idea.

I’ve just started a Flo thread but think we actually need to discuss the other half of the partnership.

Currently as things stand, has Grier done enough to keep his place as GM next season?

I’ll run another after the patsies game and a final one straight after draft and FA.

Mr Grier certainly will cause conversation. His trade for Tunsil, did he waste picks last draft with Noah Iggy or AJ or the last draft?

Did he have any draft you could call great? How about his handling of the FO? The DW4 saga. The coaches, how much input does he have on their selection.

If we keep Flo do we have to keep CG or will a new GM work with Flo (guess has no choice if Rossy tells him to)

So fam where are we at with Mr Grier?
I think the 2020 draft was disappointing given how many picks we had. It was also bad in that he missed out on some need positions and then made desperate trades such as Breida or FA signings like J Howard. It wasn’t 2012 but it wasn’t good either.

I think the 2021 draft was terrific. As in one of the best in club history.

I think he handled the X situation beautifully in retaining our best player and making all sides happy.
I don’t think he had anything to do w the Watson thing. I believe that was our goofy eared, idiot owner who meddled and forced this on Grier and Flo so I’m not grading Grier on that one. And if we are, good for him that he didn’t roll over and give up all of those picks and players.

I don’t think Grier could tell the difference between John Hannah and Daryl Hannah when it comes to evaluating offensive linemen. He absolutely deserves the criticism for whiffing on every o-line pick since he’s been in charge. Every last one of them stink from Dieter to Eichenberg. Can they develop? We’ll see.

Had it not been for the 2021 draft and how he handled X I’d be ready to walk him off of the plank But he’s not going anywhere. And he probably deserves to stay given the body of work this last season.

And this coming from one of his biggest critics.

At this point he has no choice but to go get a couple of anchor players on the OL in FA and let the best of the young guys fight it out for the other spots.

No more Chris Grier in Miami.

It's time to make a change at GM.

Shake it up...

I voted yes, would love to have him back

Not extremely excited about it, but I voted yes. Now let's see what he can do with all this cap space. It's not there by accident.

Back
Top Bottom