As of right now, with 2 games to go do you want Chris Grier back next season? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As of right now, with 2 games to go do you want Chris Grier back next season?

As of right now do you want Chris Grier as GM next season

• Yes

Votes: 101 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • Do you think he’ll be back

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Grier’s biggest mistake was letting both vets Karras and Flowers go thinking the young OL would be good enough and grow together.

Reasonable idea, but terrible results.

OL has to be a focus in free agency or trade this off-season.

Ugh, I couldn't even vote because before this win streak, I would have said no. But seriously, we have had a **** line for years and we can't get a running game but he's also done some really good things. All the picks. It's actually really tuff to say but I think we give him one more year but if this line and run game aren't addressed we need to send his ass packing

You can’t fire a guy coming off of Waddle, Philips and Holland.
The team went into 2021 knowing that Tua would be the starter. You do not start a young QB without making damn sure that he will have a competent line to protect him and a decent running game to help him!

In a way it's a tough call because the way I see it, both Grier and Flores are doing okay when it comes to the defense but they both really suck when it comes to the offense. IMO, Grier doesn't get credit for Waddle because it's no surprise that one of the top WRs in the draft is playing well. It's an odd situation; if you keep Grier and Flores, then IMO they need to deal only with the defense, and you need to hire another GM and HC to handle the offensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
I give Grier all due props for the 2021 draft. However, the question should be "has he been successful throughout his tenure or was this one outlier draft that went in his favor?" He has been here for 20 years which isn't really anything to write home about with the number of bad drafts over that time period. In his time as GM, the 2019 and 2020 drafts weren't anything to be excited about. His free agent signings have been flops for the most part. Finally, he has had PR issues that he has caused - signing Jones which pi$$ed off the Dolphins' best player Xavier Howard and the overtures to Watson during this season.

I'd say it's time for someone who is a bit more professional and proactive in his thinking.

I expect him to force changes in the coaching staff (especially OL coach).

Some teams just draft well for years. They have next man up like you wouldn’t believe. Or they’re talented and just get better.

For example the Chiefs, all that talent and
they just snatch a great center in the draft.

He will be back so how I feel about one good draft doesn’t really matter

no

Where are the great free agents that he signed?

I have low expectations for FA:

a) they are free to sign wherever they want AND if they just choose the biggest offer?…

b) if a guy is worth keeping he will prolly be kept

Grier's made some mistakes, but he's also coming off one of the best drafts in Miami Dolphins history.

Waddle, Phillips, Holland and Eichenberg. That's hitting on all cylinders.

Hope he can do that again and fare a little better in free agency.

Of course you keep him. I'd give him a raise!
Definitely a very strong draft. However, Eichenberg is not necessarily looking like a slam dunk. He may improver and lord knows I hope he does, but as of now he is one of the worst left tackles in the league no?

When looking at overall body of work, we have missed on too many picks to give him a pass. I say, move on. As much as I like Tua, herbert is simply a better QB. Additionally, not securing a productive and serviceable RT to protect Tua's blind side is reason alone.

Definitely a very strong draft. However, Eichenberg is not necessarily looking like a slam dunk. He may improver and lord knows I hope he does, but as of now he is one of the worst left tackles in the league no?
True. I think he ends up inside,or maybe at RT. He's had some solid games so there is hope. Again, I don't know how much further along these young linemen would be with better coaching. That's hard to judge.

Next yr..I want see us ready to go in September.. none of this last 2 game got win bs.

Yes. The main people will be back. Some changes to coaching staff. Rough start and some misses but he has hit on some gems. Alot of potential all pros. No one hits 100% but he is better than most. We are ahead of schedule. Another solid draft pushes us to contender status. We make it to the dance this year and i like our chances. We arent over matched against anyone and thats a great feeling.

Back
Top Bottom