As some of u no i been visiting camp and... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As some of u no i been visiting camp and...

DolfanChris06

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I got a chance to meet Derrius Thompson my hero on the DOLPHINS.. he's a class act and im sure some of u guys wonder whay he is my fav fin. It's because he's from my High School. I go to Cedar Hill and was able to pry one of his high school practice jersey's from my coach and i brought it to him. I hung it over the fence and he came over as soon as he seen The bright RED jersey, he couldn't believe i had his actual High School Jersey. By the way he wore number 5 in high school. he signed a practice ball and took a few other photos with my family before we went home. He also gave me ticket's to the Denver game and his glove he was using throughout practice. i also met Roth on another day as well as welker who's from Texas Tech i told him i was from Cedar Hill he knew right where it was. I know not all players can be class acts like our fin which shows how classy our organization is compared to other teams. I've been turned down by A-Rod when he was a Ranger and Michael FInley from the Mavs as well as the most notible Frerotte, as well as Troy the A- Hole Vincent :yell:

That is awesome man. Only two players ever came out of my High School:

Dan Kreider - Steeler's FB
Jeff Smoker - Rams Backup(I actually had a class with him)

Very cool!

Nublar7 said:
That is awesome man. Only two players ever came out of my High School:

Dan Kreider - Steeler's FB
Jeff Smoker - Rams Backup(I actually had a class with him)

Some MLB player went to my HS. I can't remember his name right now but it'll come to me. Other then that, nada. :lol:

Thats cool. But how did A-Rod, Troy Vincent, and Finley turn you down? And do you have any of the same teachers Derrius had when he went to school?

Terri Hatcher, Desperate Housewives, went to my High School.

we have had a handful of guys that came from my high school. Thomas Dale High School.........William "Boogie" Henderson(Packers), Rudi Johnson(Bengals-i played with him), Ken Oxendine(Falcons), and Ricky Hall(not sure who he played for though) and i believe there were 2 more but i cant think of them

Andy Dorris, Oilers O-line guy in the 70's

Lance Mehl, Jets LB in late 70's-mid 80's

Joey Galloway

Ben Taylor, Browns Linebacker (current)

Those 4 went to my high school. I actually had Mehl as a substitute teacher during the off-season a few times. Graduated with Joey's older brother Curtis

The only NFL player from my High School was Scott Greene (fullback). He is good friends of my younger brothers and was over the house all the time. He played for the Panthers for about four years. He actually played for Saban at Michigan State. I have not seen him since Saban was hired, but am curious to pick his brain.

Dan Morgan, ILB for the Carolina Panthers went to my school and is donating money for a new "stadium" over the next few years. We actually had an exhibition game in which we retired his jersey number (#44, which he wore at UM as well) and we have three jerseys hanging in the gym: His Trojans jersey (school mascot), UM jersey, and his Panthers jersey. Most people wouldn't think so but he started out as a tailback, I think he still holds the record for most TD's in a season in Broward County.
Todd Weiner, RT for the Falcons also went to my school. He has the hard job of protecting Vick's blind side. I don't know as much about him as I do Dan Morgan.

hmmm... no one from my highschool but Irving Fryer went to the high school the next town over.. close enough? haha

Back
Top Bottom