As some of u no i been visiting camp and... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As some of u no i been visiting camp and...

My brother played against Tim Spencer and I played against joey galloway in both football and basketball.

Spencer was a MONSTER in high school.

The biggest name from my High School is Dallas Offensive Lineman Larry Allen whom I was able to help coach his Senior year. He was awesome. Also, had Sean LaChappelle who went on to star at UCLA and I remember him catching a TD on MNF against the raiders. Also former SF Giant Rob Nen was a graduate of Vintage High School in Napa, Ca.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

Nublar7 said:
That is awesome man. Only two players ever came out of my High School:

Dan Kreider - Steeler's FB
Jeff Smoker - Rams Backup(I actually had a class with him)

They play some serious football at Manheim Central, AAA State Champs 2003 and Runner up in 2004 if my memory serves me correct.

Zman

Only Cameron Riley (Pitsburgh Steelers 1987) came from Metropolis High School. Not too bad for a school not to produce a winning varsity season until 1987.

Nobody from my highschool football wise, but Alex Baldwin the actor came from mine. In Middle School I had a health teacher that was huge, and he also wore a Superbowl ring. I believe he said he played for the Bears when he did play. I was young though, and it didnt really come to me...until just now! A Superbowl player as a teacher, no wonder why I passed with flying colors! For the life of me I dont remember his name. Might have to check the yearbooks and see if he was in one.

no good has came from my school......
my Grandma lives right next door to John Waynes old house though.
Bob Feller, the hall of Fame pitcher, went to high school, a fe wmiles away from my town

James Davis went to my high school. Martin County high school:) Hes a linebacker for the Detriot Lions

The Saints Kicker went to my high school!!

59-1.gif

popularwar said:
Dan Morgan, ILB for the Carolina Panthers went to my school and is donating money for a new "stadium" over the next few years. We actually had an exhibition game in which we retired his jersey number (#44, which he wore at UM as well) and we have three jerseys hanging in the gym: His Trojans jersey (school mascot), UM jersey, and his Panthers jersey. Most people wouldn't think so but he started out as a tailback, I think he still holds the record for most TD's in a season in Broward County.
Todd Weiner, RT for the Falcons also went to my school. He has the hard job of protecting Vick's blind side. I don't know as much about him as I do Dan Morgan.

I went to taravella... i was in the 2004 class.

kyle vanden bosch and levar woods came out of my school, its quite small too, 500 or so kids and thats it. between 40-60 people in a grade on average. kyle signed with the titans earlier this season, hopefully he can turn his injury plagued career around and reach his potential, and levar woods signed with the bears and he provides great depth. both of them were on the cardinals together where both players seemed to be liked by the fans from the fans from arizona i have talked to.

My high school team was dominating. Had T-buck at corner. Shane Matthews (he still playing?) at QB. Kez McCorvey (WR, drafted by lions and played 2 years) was on the bench as freshmen I believe and Antonio Harvey (Not great at football, but was 6'11' and played on Lakers and Trailblazers). Also had 4-5 other guys start for various SEC teams after high school. Our average score that year was 45-3!

Now that I remember, there was a plaque in teh entrance with other names from before me. Even before the aforementioned guys, my high school had 10-12 NFL players and couple more NBA players.

Ohio Fanatic said:
My high school team was dominating. Had T-buck at corner. Shane Matthews (he still playing?) at QB. Kez McCorvey (WR, drafted by lions and played 2 years) was on the bench as freshmen I believe and Antonio Harvey (Not great at football, but was 6'11' and played on Lakers and Trailblazers). Also had 4-5 other guys start for various SEC teams after high school. Our average score that year was 45-3!

You went to Pascagoula HS? I'm not sure about the others, but I know that Terrell Buckley played his high school ball at Pascagoula.

I was a teammate of Kendall Simmons at Ripley. Kendall starts at right guard for the Steelers. Ripley is also the high school and home of Jim Miller, who was a punter for the 49ers and Cowboys in the early 80s.

KB21 said:
You went to Pascagoula HS? I'm not sure about the others, but I know that Terrell Buckley played his high school ball at Pascagoula.

I was a teammate of Kendall Simmons at Ripley. Kendall starts at right guard for the Steelers. Ripley is also the high school and home of Jim Miller, who was a punter for the 49ers and Cowboys in the early 80s.

Yeah Pascagoula High School. Amazed you know the name and spelled it right.:) All athletics, no academics. Was that our school motto? Maybe that's why freshman year in college was so friggin hard!

Zman said:
They play some serious football at Manheim Central, AAA State Champs 2003 and Runner up in 2004 if my memory serves me correct.

Zman
Yeah, Manheim is always good. That game in 2003 to win the State title against Pine Richland was crazy! 39-38 in double overtime, plus it was in the middle of a huge snow storm. One of the best football games I was ever at.

Back
Top Bottom