As We Limp Into Off-Season, At This Point Would It Make Sense To Start Fales? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As We Limp Into Off-Season, At This Point Would It Make Sense To Start Fales?

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know he's probably not the answer and I'm a strong advocate for Mayfield to develop behind Tannehill.

But considering
  • we know what we have in Cutler,
  • we know what we have in Moore,
  • the season is essentially over and
  • getting a better draft pick than the Bills and Jets could be important,

under the theory that "you never know until you do" why not give Fales a reasonable audition?

Whaddya think?

I was thinking about this to, litterally have nothing to lose now...

You can’t because that obviously would be tanking and players would lose respect for Gase. There are jobs and money on the line so you absolutely cannot start Fales under any circumstances

Start Fales if you want to guarantee finishing 6-10. I'm sure the coaches know what they have in him, by watching him practice for the last two years.

Regardless if it's the right thing to do or not, Gase won't do it. I don't think it's necessary. He's not an NFL caliber QB. If this team is smart, their backup next year is not currently on this team. He's finishing out his college career and entering the draft.

It's painful watching Cutler. Last week was the exception not the rule.

You can’t because that obviously would be tanking and players would lose respect for Gase. There are jobs and money on the line so you absolutely cannot start Fales under any circumstances
That's a valid point, but at this juncture, how much confidence do you think the players now have in Cutler, especially after he just **** the bed?

Maybe infusing new blood will energize the team and you never know, he just might surprise people and perform like he did in that Exhibition game.

Not to sound like an irrational fan, but as long as Miami is not eliminated from the playoff picture, they will continue to put what they feel is the best team on the field to win games.

That's a valid point, but at this juncture, how much confidence do you think the players now have in Cutler, especially after he just **** the bed?

Maybe infusing new blood will energize the team and you never know, he just might surprise people and perform like he did in that Exhibition game.
That’s true but Cutler is also clearly our best option at qb. Players would be upset if we benched Cutler and started Fales. It’s like a slap in the face imo

Cutler is trending. We're finally getting some national recognition and you want to bench him? People need to make up their minds.

Back
Top Bottom