As We Limp Into Off-Season, At This Point Would It Make Sense To Start Fales? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As We Limp Into Off-Season, At This Point Would It Make Sense To Start Fales?

Will never happen. Gase got Ross to spend 10 million dollars on Cutler. I wouldn't be surprised if Ross tells Gase you got him, you live with him.

Gase will not bench his buddy Cutler but I would start Fales to see if he would be a good back up for tannehill next year.

It never makes sense for any team to start fales

I’d like Fales to get snaps, but if that means our offense is going to go 3 and out a dozen times in a game then no. I don’t want to sacrifice the development of our offense just to kick the tires on a guy who will likely never be more than a No. 3 QB.

Let Cutler take the beatings. Audition OL for next year.

Nothing special at all about Fales. Nothing wrong with trying to develop him but he is not ready

Vaark I would and so would a lot of fans but I believe Gase stays the course.

I agree.

One component of how Gase coaches is letting the players know where they stand. Using a player when he isn't the best choice doesn't do the player, the team or even the fans any good.
Gase has a reason for using the players the way he does. He wants to win every game. The players know this. The Denver players said as much when we played them and he had been away from that team for over two years.

I wouldn't want anything less in a coach.

Definitely not again 1 in a million shot we make playoffs but if still possible then you've got to play to win. Otherwise the team is lost (even more than it is now)

Hey V, here is where the time travel conundrum comes into play. Going back in time, if you where the coach, I don't think you would have picked up a failure like J Cutler, I know I would not have. So had that not happened, the team would have been left with Moore, Fales, and someone else. So my guess is, had Cutler not been picked up by the Phins, we would have already seen Fales.

Now having said that, there is no way Fales sees significant playing time, unless Cutler and Moore go down. Never underestimate the power of Ego, no not the guy from GOTG 2, but A. Gase. There are 10 million reasons why Cutler will continue killing gophers till the end of the year. The other point is Cutler was hand selected for freshness and flavor by A. Gase, so there is no way he admits he failed at this. As far as the team, if anyone here believes that the "Team" cannot see how bad Cutler is, they are crazy. It would not surprise me if, at this point, no one would care who is QB, except maybe the younger guys.

Obviously no one would say anything privately or to the media, because of the Wrath Of Gasekahn, but look, we are not Pro Football players, and we knew Cutler was bad, so why would anyone think that the players would have bought this, saying, like some dumb, linear thinking, under 140, corporate Drone, "Yessir Mr Coach Sir, that pass was wonderful, pick up the dead Gopher, yes sir right away sir".

Would I play Foles, no brainier without Cutler, Will Gasekahn, not a snowballs chance in the middle of the everglades, during a S. Florida drought, in August.

The Ever Critical VIPER

Fales is not the future so it would be a disservice to the other teams fighting for the playoffs to start him

Hey V, here is where the time travel conundrum comes into play. Going back in time, if you where the coach, I don't think you would have picked up a failure like J Cutler, I know I would not have. So had that not happened, the team would have been left with Moore, Fales, and someone else. So my guess is, had Cutler not been picked up by the Phins, we would have already seen Fales.

Now having said that, there is no way Fales sees significant playing time, unless Cutler and Moore go down. Never underestimate the power of Ego, no not the guy from GOTG 2, but A. Gase. There are 10 million reasons why Cutler will continue killing gophers till the end of the year. The other point is Cutler was hand selected for freshness and flavor by A. Gase, so there is no way he admits he failed at this. As far as the team, if anyone here believes that the "Team" cannot see how bad Cutler is, they are crazy. It would not surprise me if, at this point, no one would care who is QB, except maybe the younger guys.

Obviously no one would say anything privately or to the media, because of the Wrath Of Gasekahn, but look, we are not Pro Football players, and we knew Cutler was bad, so why would anyone think that the players would have bought this, saying, like some dumb, linear thinking, under 140, corporate Drone, "Yessir Mr Coach Sir, that pass was wonderful, pick up the dead Gopher, yes sir right away sir".

Would I play Foles, no brainier without Cutler, Will Gasekahn, not a snowballs chance in the middle of the everglades, during a S. Florida drought, in August.

The Ever Critical VIPER

I believe in the efficacy of "consensus wisdom," whether it's evaluating a product on Amazon or a player on a team. So long as there's a reasonable representative sample (no Shouright, stay the **** out this convo), when you eliminate the friends and families on one side and those who can never be satisfied on the other (roughly 20%), you're left with the aggregate wisdom level of the core 80%. This holds true if a fan from an opposing team wanted to know what we thought about Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Maxwell - or Miller, Vernon, Welker on the other side of the spectrum. And we'd have been right.

I read other forums on a regular basis including the Bears. Aside from Sanchez on the Jets boards, I have rarely seen so much disdain as I did for Cutler when he was there and rejoicing when he "retired." Yes, there were the fan anomalies for both too. I could have told Adam "stay away," but then again so could most of us. So yes, while I remain a solid Gase backer, I am disappointed by a number of his decisions including Cutler. I think it was the hubris that because he renovated Tannehill, and in the past somewhat did Cutler, he thought he could do it again. But Cutler, even in his wildest dreams, is no Tannehill!!!

VK
The Ever-Appreciative Participant in RIOT today

The Ever Critical VIPER

Honesty i can't fault Gase for bringing in cutler. If you want to know why look no further than Matt Moore. Cutler atleast gave the season a chance.

Back
Top Bottom