As We Limp Into Off-Season, At This Point Would It Make Sense To Start Fales? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As We Limp Into Off-Season, At This Point Would It Make Sense To Start Fales?

No. I understand why some would say yes, but I'll cite 2 -3 reasons:

1) You need to evaluate other young offensive talent (Tunsil, Davis, Young, perhaps Grey in a bigger role - I like the snaps at FB, Grant at WR, perhaps Carroo, get Perry some carries?). That's going to be tougher with Fales at QB
2) I'd rather Miami continue to work to build a culture of winning. I'll take 8-8, a non losing season, over 6-10 with a better draft position. You may disagree...thats okay.
3) I trust Gase to recognize if he has a hidden gem in Fales from practice. (Im shaky on this one as I think Gase may be so stubborn that he would not play Fales just due to obstinacy)

That's a valid point, but at this juncture, how much confidence do you think the players now have in Cutler, especially after he just **** the bed?

Maybe infusing new blood will energize the team and you never know, he just might surprise people and perform like he did in that Exhibition game.

I think if there was any chance of that Gase would do it. You can't do it though because Miami is still alive for the playoffs. As fans we all know they are DONE but the team would never think like that. They will go with what they consider to be the best chance to win and let the chips fall where they may.

Also, any offensive players with money riding on incentives would be ticked if Fales is inserted into the lineup but hasn't shown anything in practice to justify that. We don't see practice so we don't know.

This is just a bad idea.

No, just because I want to enjoy the last few weeks of Dolphins football.

I don't worry to much and W/L, I only get football for a limited time a year, might as well enjoy it now.

No, just because I want to enjoy the last few weeks of Dolphins football.

I don't worry to much and W/L, I only get football for a limited time a year, might as well enjoy it now.

I can understand that perspective fersure. Mine's a little different in that with Cutler it's the equivalent of "abandon hope, all ye who enter here." I have no expectations of beating KC, after watching them this week and while I'd love to be a spoiler vs Buffalo, I personally can enjoy a game where I no longer have an emotional attachment. So my POV is different.. I'd rather see if we have a Romo or Warner (not even gonna stretch to say Brady) in Fales although I suspect not.. but then again stranger things have happened. :wacky

Honesty i can't fault Gase for bringing in cutler. If you want to know why look no further than Matt Moore. Cutler atleast gave the season a chance.

Hey B, well in reality, neither was any good, however, it is obvious that J. Cutler is, for want of a better word, a "headcase", there is no doubt, the way he plays is almost, Bipolar, and so are his reactions. Now no professional is going to take out the DSM and diagnose him, but, just look at his body of work, that tells you all you need to know.

So the experiment failed, I do blame A. Gase for this failure, again he had to know and if he didn't, wow, I don't know what to say about that. At no point has J. Cutler put several good years together, what logic would one use to say "well he is in retirement mode, but I know he will do much better, in spite of that". Now I do not expect A. Gase to come out and say, "well J was a failed experiment", but I fully expect that an intelligent, and logical thinking coach, would let him go at the end of the year. But there are rumors that, well he might not.

If there is a cap hit with J. Cutler for 2018, whether he is still on the team or not, I blame A. Gase for that also, he made the decision.

The Ever Watching The Wheels Go Round and Round VIPER

Hey V, "but then again stranger things have happened. :wacky"

images

The Ever Wandering Through The UpsideDown VIPER

Hey B, well in reality, neither was any good, however, it is obvious that J. Cutler is, for want of a better word, a "headcase", there is no doubt, the way he plays is almost, Bipolar, and so are his reactions. Now no professional is going to take out the DSM and diagnose him, but, just look at his body of work, that tells you all you need to know.

So the experiment failed, I do blame A. Gase for this failure, again he had to know and if he didn't, wow, I don't know what to say about that. At no point has J. Cutler put several good years together, what logic would one use to say "well he is in retirement mode, but I know he will do much better, in spite of that". Now I do not expect A. Gase to come out and say, "well J was a failed experiment", but I fully expect that an intelligent, and logical thinking coach, would let him go at the end of the year. But there are rumors that, well he might not.

If there is a cap hit with J. Cutler for 2018, whether he is still on the team or not, I blame A. Gase for that also, he made the decision.

The Ever Watching The Wheels Go Round and Round VIPER

I agree cutler has no business on this roster next year but I can't fault Gase for not giving up on the season when tannehill went down.

I say let Cutler earn his $10 million....play him till the end.

But Cutler, even in his wildest dreams, is no Tannehill!!!

NFL quarterbacks don't dream about being Ryan Tannehill.

The wisdom of the crowd stuff is not applicable to specialized sports forums. That research has been done numerous times. The predictions of weekly outcomes and season wins are wildly optimistic. Baseball fans are the most unrealistic of all, when it comes to percentage of victories they predict compared to what pans out, which fits with that "hope springs eternal" phrase.

If you thought Fales had the potential to be an NFL starter or even a good backup maybe. But Fales is a borderline NFL roster player much like Dougherty and playing him might help you determine his NFL future (bleak) but it would likely be so bad you couldn't get a good look at the other offensive players.

But apparently there's still 5 Longshot ways to still make the playoffs per espn, so can't make too drastic of moves right now.

I'd be interested in seeing what Fales can do for a couple of weeks just because there's a better chance we'd get a long touchdown out of Kenny Stills, and I like long touchdowns.

Back
Top Bottom