As weird as this sounds: PICK R. BROWN | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As weird as this sounds: PICK R. BROWN

texasPHINSfan said:
i think Carnell has better hands and is a bigger threat out of the backfield as a receiver, which i more equate to L.T.... Brown is more of a bang-it-in guy. granted, we need a Brown more than a Carnell, but i don't understand your reference..
actually the auburn coaches have said brown has the better hands out of the back field, i don't really care which one it is i feel like we need one of the two auburn running backs, Caddy would probably fit the system better but i would love to see ronnie brown line up in the back field for us

DolphinDevil28 said:
So, L.T. 21, when are you gonna come out the closet and admit you are a Dolphins fan?

Come on baby, put away those baby blues with the lightning bolts on 'em and put on the aqua and orange! ;)

HA! Never! Came out of my Mom with a lightning BOLT on my butt and will continue to do so. Ive just never really minded the Fins and have the utmost respect for Marino. I still remember having a Dolphins raincoat when I was in elementary school. It also doesnt help that Jr. is on your team;-)

Regardless, this boy is a TRUE BOLT till the end. Ive seen good times, and Ive seen TONS of horrific times, but you know what...if we ever go 0-16, you better believe that the following year Id be wearing my Bolt gear where ever I go. Also, while working for the Bolts, one of my favorite boss in our front office used to work for the Fins front office.

It was always fun watching Marino throw the ball and knowing that it would never be a throw that was "out there."

Tell you one thing though, Im not going to like you guys for 1 Sunday in 2005;-) Aint that right Firewrongstedt? ;-) Fin soup for me!

Another reason why I post here is there's a lot of really cool people in here thats very knowledgeable in football. not just Fin football but the NFL overall.

PICK BROWN!

Holy cow, did I just make any sense? Apologies for the run ons and compounds...a little tipsy after a wedding reception so sorry you have to decipher what hte heck Im trying to say:)

whether its brown or not, i'll be happy with whoever Saban chooses... its all about TRUST!

L.T. 21 said:
HA! Never! Came out of my Mom with a lightning BOLT on my butt and will continue to do so. Ive just never really minded the Fins and have the utmost respect for Marino. I still remember having a Dolphins raincoat when I was in elementary school. It also doesnt help that Jr. is on your team;-)

Regardless, this boy is a TRUE BOLT till the end. Ive seen good times, and Ive seen TONS of horrific times, but you know what...if we ever go 0-16, you better believe that the following year Id be wearing my Bolt gear where ever I go. Also, while working for the Bolts, one of my favorite boss in our front office used to work for the Fins front office.

It was always fun watching Marino throw the ball and knowing that it would never be a throw that was "out there."

Tell you one thing though, Im not going to like you guys for 1 Sunday in 2005;-) Aint that right Firewrongstedt? ;-) Fin soup for me!

Another reason why I post here is there's a lot of really cool people in here thats very knowledgeable in football. not just Fin football but the NFL overall.

PICK BROWN!

Holy cow, did I just make any sense? Apologies for the run ons and compounds...a little tipsy after a wedding reception so sorry you have to decipher what hte heck Im trying to say

LOL.

I don't know man, I mean, having dreams about us and all...

Was the reception fun? What'd you drink?

actually it looks like coach is trying to address alot of our d needs through f.a. - pretty soon we'll have 2 new de's, 2 new safeties, a new vet qb and possibly a new lb as well based on the f.a. visits weve seen or are planned - with that in mind it makes perfect sense to keep the 2 and draft a stud franchise r.b. - my vote is ronnie brown

L.T.21 said:
Apologies for creating a new thread on this, but for some CRAZY reason I had a dream about the Fins today (during my many naps). You guys have to select Ronnie Brown with the #2 pick.

Put it this way, my dream about Brown and the Fins equals this equation. As you know, Ive made some pretty good calls regarding your team and some players- I am almost certain about this kid. Here's my equation.

(Although a little taller)

Ronnie Brown = Ladainian Tomlinson

Yes, I said it, pure blasphemy b/c LT is well LT....but the gut feeling on this is pretty strong!

GET RONNIE BROWN! Also, Saban is being smart about not jumping on the first round of free agency. Remember there will be an other waive of free agents to be announced later. He's lurking beneath the bushes and waiting to pounce someone thats worth getting. Teams that jump too early in the FA period....well just look at Oakland last year....Saban is playing his cards right..get a bunch of "lunch pail" players who want to play, no "me me" players.

And finally get Brown. Besides the crazy feeling, he reminds me A LOT of LT. But we all know there's only one L.T.21 ;-)

Brown, while just as fast as LT, is ten pounds heavier and has much better power than LT.

Brown to LT is a much better comparison than Cadillac to LT.
I don't know what games you guys watched, or where you get your combine info... cuz Brown is a far better reciever out of the backfield than Caddy. Better hands, routes, speed, power. And he puts it all together and makes it work. Although i might compare Brown to Ahman Green first, LT is a fair comnparison.

godfater21 said:
My biggest concern on Brown is he was not good enough in college to beat out Williams and become a feature back. they used a RB by committee. so is Brown or Williams even able to handle the pressures of being a primary back.

Benson was a featured back he has proven he can cary the load.That is why I would have to take Benson over Brown or Williams.

That's not the arrangement that was at Auburn...they shared time (about 60-40 Williams) because they were both special backs. If you had two backs of that caliber, you would share the time too. Benson is a special back, but he really does not fit Linehan's offensive scheme and he has poor hands and poor blocking skills, which are a must in the pros...I like Brown best of the three because of his versatility, but I am wondering if Saban doesn't already see a "Brown" on his team (Gordon, nearly the exact same size and speed and power)...

The next 2 months are going to be great...He could take any of the top 5-7 guys and have made the "right" move...

Jaj said:
I don't know how in the world he reminds you of L.T.....

They play RB?

Cadillac Williams is ten times more similar to L.T. than Ronnie Brown is.

ditto. Im not just saying that cus I like Caddy. I like all three RB's as far as talent goes. I just think caddy is the guy saban likes his starting RB to be as opposed to a bigger RB who is more a stright ahead power guy. Saban wants his second RB to be the bigger RB for goaline and 3rd and ones and such.

By the way, if all you caddy lovers email me, we can come up with some outsider to advertise for Caddy whadayasay?

Back
Top Bottom