As weird as this sounds: PICK R. BROWN | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As weird as this sounds: PICK R. BROWN

I am all for taking Brown too. A good to great RB would take the pressure off of our QB's....teams would have to think twice before blitzing us .....it gives our receivers maybe an extra step time wise to get into their patterns. It allows us to maintain the ball a little longer so our d doesn't have to keep going back on the field on the 3 and outs...our o-lineman can rest up too.....that is why I love the idea of taking Brown....we can get some lineman and maye a decent backup QB later on. ;)

godfater21 said:
My biggest concern on Brown is he was not good enough in college to beat out Williams and become a feature back. they used a RB by committee. so is Brown or Williams even able to handle the pressures of being a primary back.

Benson was a featured back he has proven he can cary the load.That is why I would have to take Benson over Brown or Williams.

So did Edgerrin James. He shared time, and look. So did ESPN analyst Craig James with Eric Dickerson in college, and look at him.

Brown will be a star in this league.

godfater21 said:
My biggest concern on Brown is he was not good enough in college to beat out Williams and become a feature back. they used a RB by committee.
thats not it at all... that was their system. you answered your own question in the 2nd sentence.

and based on that team's performance last year, i'd say their "committee" worked well. ;)

In 2002, he took most if not all running plays. Just a very strong feeling- careful with this one guys!

L.T.21 said:
Apologies for creating a new thread on this, but for some CRAZY reason I had a dream about the Fins today (during my many naps). You guys have to select Ronnie Brown with the #2 pick.

Put it this way, my dream about Brown and the Fins equals this equation. As you know, Ive made some pretty good calls regarding your team and some players- I am almost certain about this kid. Here's my equation.

(Although a little taller)

Ronnie Brown = Ladainian Tomlinson

Yes, I said it, pure blasphemy b/c LT is well LT....but the gut feeling on this is pretty strong!

GET RONNIE BROWN! Also, Saban is being smart about not jumping on the first round of free agency. Remember there will be an other waive of free agents to be announced later. He's lurking beneath the bushes and waiting to pounce someone thats worth getting. Teams that jump too early in the FA period....well just look at Oakland last year....Saban is playing his cards right..get a bunch of "lunch pail" players who want to play, no "me me" players.

And finally get Brown. Besides the crazy feeling, he reminds me A LOT of LT. But we all know there's only one L.T.21 ;-)

:eek: Wow..thats a world of a lot of praise for a rookie rb coming into the league. LT is in a league of his own and is redefining the rb position. His combination of hands, speed, elusiveness and toughness is amazing. a tougher version of marshall faulk imo....he's a beast...

that being said..i've heard from many friends who went and graduated from sec schools and have seen brown up close and personal..guys from uga, tennesse and florida..they all say the same thing..brown is the complete package and destined to be a star..they've even gone as far as comparing him to the former no 1 fantasy back imo..priest holmes..i would not mind at all if we took him

texasPHINSfan said:
thats not it at all... that was their system. you answered your own question in the 2nd sentence.

and based on that team's performance last year, i'd say their "committee" worked well. ;)

what you just said proved my point about brown. if he has to a RB by committee to preform than he is not worth the #2 overall pick. Benson would be the better choice since he is a solo back, and doesn't need a partener

Brown also fits that mold of "explosive players" Saban has been talking about...unlike the other popular choice, CB, Brown can do it all IMO..he and cadillac have the best hands of any back in the draft..Linehan must be drooling :eek:

godfater21 said:
what you just said proved my point about brown. if he has to a RB by committee to preform than he is not worth the #2 overall pick. Benson would be the better choice since he is a solo back, and doesn't need a partener

if you had 2 backs as good as those too, you'd play both 2...look its not the first time this has been done..miami did it with portis and james jackson...

You may be right L.T. I still think that the pick will be either one of the QBs, Brown or a DE. I had guessed that one of the DEs would move up to #2 value. I thought it might be Spears, but with the injury I'm guessing Merriman has the best shot. If I had to guess at the Dolphin board right now, I'd guess:

Smith
Brown
Rodgers

Well, I've had 62 dreams about Ozzy. Sometimes I have met him and sometimes I was at a concert and stuff like that. Anyway, I think that us taking Brown is not weird at all.It makes a lot of sense to me.

Ozzy rules!!

So, L.T. 21, when are you gonna come out the closet and admit you are a Dolphins fan?

Come on baby, put away those baby blues with the lightning bolts on 'em and put on the aqua and orange! ;)

Dubfire said:
if you had 2 backs as good as those too, you'd play both 2...look its not the first time this has been done..miami did it with portis and james jackson...

They didn't split carries the way brown and williams did. also when a player is going to enter the draft it is not uncommon to give the underclassmen some carries to see what they got. which was the case with jackson and portis, and was not the case with brown and williams.

Back
Top Bottom