As weird as this sounds: PICK R. BROWN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As weird as this sounds: PICK R. BROWN

texasPHINSfan said:
i think Carnell has better hands and is a bigger threat out of the backfield as a receiver, which i more equate to L.T.... Brown is more of a bang-it-in guy. granted, we need a Brown more than a Carnell, but i don't understand your reference..

your joking right? caddy a better reciever than brown?!? no way is he a bigger receiving threat than brown. he is more agile than brown (maybe, abd if so by a bit), might have a llittle better vision ut he isnt a bigger threat. Brown is the best catcher out of the three and can run you over just as good as benson.
*coming from someone who thought brown was the best of the three pre-combine btw...*
I think everyone should just stop your moaning because all three of these kids will be great in the nfl (i wouldbt be pissed at any of them, but im still pulling for brown....go ronnie!!!!!)

I still believe it will be Arrington. If Saban can't trade down...Edwards or Merriman with the 2nd pick, Baas with the pick from Surtain and Arrington with the Dolphins 3rd round pick, with the 4th round pick I like either Munoz or Courtney Roby...not trying to be homer...but 4.36 and good hands aren't a bad thing and something the Dolphins can use...especially if Boston is dumped and IF Saban doesn't select Edwards in the first round, but this kid reminds me of another receiver that played on a team that didn't throw the football much....his name is Chambers. With the 5th rounder I can see Albert Means DT...AND OR depending if the Dolphins receive another 5th rounder for Jeff Zgonina, Ellis Hobbs CB...with the 7th round pick...unless the Dolphins acquire a 6th rounder some way...Stefan Lefors QB.

JTaylor99 said:

Hey thanks a lot JTaylor..sheesh, All Im saying is I had a dream about the dude. No one knows ANYTHING, NO ONE, I just have a very STRONG feeling about this guy! Same feeling I had when LT was coming out.

Here's some of the strenghts of LT that I see in Brown.

- Has the cutting ability to make first defender miss.
- Picks up blitz GREAT and can block.
- Has breakaway speed on the outside
- Has ability to carry a couple of extra yards when about to be taken down
- Has very soft hands coming out of backfield which equates to lining up at WR.

Hey, just a feeling that I have with this guy. I would have to be convinced very hard not to select this guy, especially if my team needed a RB.

value wise if we keep the 2 i don't see anyone else worthy of the pick 'cept brown

fishypete said:
I still believe it will be Arrington. If Saban can't trade down...Edwards or Merriman with the 2nd pick, Baas with the pick from Surtain and Arrington with the Dolphins 3rd round pick, with the 4th round pick I like either Munoz or Courtney Roby...not trying to be homer...but 4.36 and good hands aren't a bad thing and something the Dolphins can use...especially if Boston is dumped and IF Saban doesn't select Edwards in the first round, but this kid reminds me of another receiver that played on a team that didn't throw the football much....his name is Chambers. With the 5th rounder I can see Albert Means DT...AND OR depending if the Dolphins receive another 5th rounder for Jeff Zgonina, Ellis Hobbs CB...with the 7th round pick...unless the Dolphins acquire a 6th rounder some way...Stefan Lefors QB.

I havent seen a lot of Munoz, but from the articles Ive read, and from some die-hard Vols fans. Take the last name out, a 4th pick would be a waste.

Also adding fuel to the fire. By having shared duties in the backfield, he is coming in the NFL with "fresh" legs. One of hte biggest talent LT has that no one talks about is his ability to pick up blitzes and block! I believe Brown lined up as FB a couple of times..and with your situation on the O-line, having an extra blocker back there that knows his head from his butt---well...advantage Fins line.

L.T. 21 as crazy as this sounds ........ I had the SAME dream about the fins drafting Ronnie Brown. Ever since my dream i've been looking out for him in the work outs and stuff, funny that you had a dream like that too. wierd.

godfater21 said:
My biggest concern on Brown is he was not good enough in college to beat out Williams and become a feature back. they used a RB by committee. so is Brown or Williams even able to handle the pressures of being a primary back.

Benson was a featured back he has proven he can cary the load.That is why I would have to take Benson over Brown or Williams.

Williams went down with an injury in 2001 or 2002 I think. Brown took the load and proved he can carry the load. I cant find the stats, anyone...

actually here it is:

Williams went down halfway in 2002 and Brown took over the duty full time 175 carries 1008 yards 13tds.

L.T.21 said:
I havent seen a lot of Munoz, but from the articles Ive read, and from some die-hard Vols fans. Take the last name out, a 4th pick would be a waste.

Munoz may not be the healthiest OT...but he's the most prepared OT in this draft...getting him in the 4th round could be a steal...and he comes from great stock...and seems to be a player with a good background. I would assume all items that fits a Saban type player.

finfanatic99 said:
L.T. 21 as crazy as this sounds ........ I had the SAME dream about the fins drafting Ronnie Brown. Ever since my dream i've been looking out for him in the work outs and stuff, funny that you had a dream like that too. wierd.

Finfanatic, are you in my dreams again;-) I hear ya! Its weird, I really do believe this guy will be SPECIAL!

Also, most of the guys in here who Ive shared Pm's with and debated with knows I suggest you guys look for a trade partner: Ive changed my mind, get Ronnie Brown!

Same feeling I had SERIOUSLY in 2001. And we know who we got in 2001.

I agree that Brown is kinda like L.T. Speed-wise I'm not sure, but Ronnie has great hands out of the backfield and seemingly that switch-gear ability although he's bulkier.

Listen to me.. Dont be the Cleveland Brown in 2001! GET BROWN!

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom