Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it?

He'll cost a lot of money, but I wouldn't mind giving it to him. I rather pay top dollar for a cornerback than sign an outside linebacker like most people want to. If his demands are way too much, then I'd say pass on him. But if you can pay him what he is worth, then do it.
id be willing to pay him close to champ bailey because he is an elite corner. last year he had the most interceptions along with champ bailey (they both had 10). If you play like the best then you deserve to get paid like the best.
we really need a corner too.

No we wont...we have 17 mill man...and over 40 free agents. Samual would cost somewhere in between a qtr to a whole half of that money. He is not worth that.

Now the SF Niners, they have over 40 mill in FA money. THEY have the money to throw around for him.

This is not true. We will have close to $30mil after 6 cuts and 2 or 3 restructures...

this is the one player we need to make a serious move for. if u want quiality players in todays league you have to expect to compensate them well. he will be worth the money
couldnt agree more...i think we should get this guy at all costs

Asante Samuel just had an amazing year and hes an unrestricted free agent this year. Do we have the cap space to sign him and would you do it? It would make us stronger while making the patriots weaker.
no i wouldn't sign him. we wont have to worry about weakening the patsys cause they aren't gonna sign him either for what he wants.:wink:

Samuels was nothing coming out of UCF. Let's just find our own Asante, and develop them. Maybe have a coach who knows something about DBs. A kid like David Irons would be perfect for us to draft.

:confused: Im still waiting for your explanation :rolleyes2

Ok. Signing Adelius Thomas? Hes probably going to be the most wanted defensive player in free agency this year, if hes not tagged by baltimore of course. We dont have the money for him.

Secondly, You cant just move a safety to cornerback, and then move a cornerback to safety. You can, however, do that in madden pretty easily.

This is not true. We will have close to $30mil after 6 cuts and 2 or 3 restructures...
Whoa can i see this crystal ball of yours that shows whose going to be cut, and who were going to be able to restructure? How can you assume we're going to free up 13 million?

please explain this? Who are we going to cut? Whose going to restructure?

my only worry is that the patsies slap the franchise tag on him but i dont think their willing to guarantee hamp bailey money to him so we should have a shot.

he'll cost too much for us.

true.

but so so so worth it..
man i wouldve never guessed i would have missed sam and pat so much..

altough travis is coming along, we had the best ssecondary in the league for 4 or 5 years straight...
and now its almost pityful...
we need defensive help.
he would help.
although not at champ bailey money..

Back
Top Bottom