Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it?

I'm shocked New England is going to pay him that kind of money
but then again they have so much cap space they could sign a few more
studs

I'm shocked New England is going to pay him that kind of money
but then again they have so much cap space they could sign a few more
studs

His market rate is around 12-14 million signing bonus with a 30 million dollar contract.
franchise tag 7.7 million.... i look as this as a bargain .

Cap room 18 million
Top 9 pick - assume signs a contract with a signing bonus of 5 million and salary for 2007.
Now cap reduced to 13 million and roster spot open 11 for starters and then you need money for the 80 players for training camp start.All require some sort of money which eats the cap number too.

Asanta is going to get 9 million signing bonus at the minimum so that will drop the cap to 4-5 million.

Is 5 million enought to field 28 players for training camp and sign 11 starters at the end of cut off date?I have seen threads where people are talking about cutting 6 players for a gain of 9 million .which means they will have 14 million to get 28 players and 17 starters now.

That is not how the cap works....if someone gets a signing bonus of 10 million on a 5 year contract it only count for 2 million against the cap each year.

I would have liked to have gotten him...I think he is a little overrated but still a good player

Back
Top Bottom