Asante Samuel trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel trade

Ark139954

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know alot of you guys dont like these "madden" trades, but what if we traded away our second and third rounder or something for Samuels. He is becoming one of the best corners in the league. I was watching him on Sunday and got pissed of everytime they threw the ball to his side. If hes not as good as Champ he's pretty close and only getting closer. I know you guys will argue that hes no where in his league, but when it comes the important playoff games or pressure situations this guy is always up for the challenge. We need a guy like that.

I believe he's a free agent this year. We don;t have to trade anything forhim. Just show him the money!!

I dont know if we can afford Samuels or Clements. We need oline help more than CBs, although we do need one shutdown corner. I think he's asking for more than he's worth. Some team will overpay for him but we should probably be on the sidelines

He will be a free agent in a couple weeks, and the pats don't like to throw big money around (other than brady) if we pony up, we could probably get him.

He is a playmaker. Its all up to how much cap room they want to tie up in one player.

FA just sign him restructuring a few contracts we can afford him

no trade hes free do your homework first :),,,,,,,but he does live in ft lauderdale , rumor has it he wants big buc$.

As much as we need a shutdown corner, Samuels is going to cost way too much. And why trade for a guy who's a FA? I'd rather draft a speedster and use the FA cap money for OL help, where we need help the most.

Patriots | Samuel set to become free agent
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:41:07 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/164">Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots CB Asante Samuel, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in the offseason, says he is unsure where his future lies. "I don't know. I'll talk to (coach) Bill (Belichick) and see where it goes from there," Samuel said. "This is my first home and I love the guys in the locker room. I'd love to stay under the right circumstances." The Patriots could elect to keep Samuel by placing the franchise tag on him.

I'm sure Ark gets the point that Samuels is going to be a free agent. I know we have alot of needs, but I would rather pay for a corner and draft a linebacker than vice versa. It seems to be easier for linebackers to make the adjustment to the NFL. So, maybe spring for him or Clements and an O-lineman. Then draft in order D-line (unless Quinn drops, apparently most of the top ten are D-linemen), linebacker (earl with channing?), reciever, quarterback, lineman, lineman, lineman.

I know alot of you guys dont like these "madden" trades, but what if we traded away our second and third rounder or something for Samuels. He is becoming one of the best corners in the league. I was watching him on Sunday and got pissed of everytime they threw the ball to his side. If hes not as good as Champ he's pretty close and only getting closer. I know you guys will argue that hes no where in his league, but when it comes the important playoff games or pressure situations this guy is always up for the challenge. We need a guy like that.

Why would we trade draft picks for a free agent? Is that you Rick Speilman?

Why would we want to give more picks to the Patriots? C'mon get it together we need to build through the draft.

Back
Top Bottom