Asante Samuel trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel trade

If I were the Pats, I'd jump on that deal in a heartbeat....imagine getting 2 day one draft picks for a guy that their likely not to be able to keep anyway ??

That said, as much as a high-profile FA CB is needed here, it's still not our biggest need. That money/draft picks could be better utilized on the OL, WR, DL, LB, etc....

I don't think they get two first day picks for him. But I think they could easily get a first rounder for him. And for the right team, it works perfectly.

New Orleans is a good CB away from being a legit SB favorite. If they replace Fred Thomas (who makes Jamar Fletcher look like Deion Sanders) with Assante Samuel, that might be the biggest improvement any team makes at any position the whole offseason.

Now I don't know exactly what the Saints cap situation, but the way the NFL accounts for salaries, I bet they could make it happen.

New England already has 2 1st round picks, why give them more? Besides, why the hell would they trade him to a division rival?

The Pats will resign him ... without a doubt.. he is there onlt decent player in their secondary ....

I would absolutely love to have him here & Wayne did say- "I don't care what it takes, what it costs and what's involved. We're going to make this a winning franchise." Time to step up Wayne.

As much as I hate the Patriots, I have always secretly cheered for Asante because he went to the same school that I go to. I'd love to have him on the Dolphins.

EXACTLY. He is from Ft. Lauderdale, played at Central Florida.

Miami can offer him 2 things New England cannot.

#1 The ability to return home.
#2 No state income tax.

Make that one...

New Hampshire has no state income tax, either... :tongue:

...and it's within an hour of Foxboro...

He's not going anywhere, they'll resign him outright, or franchise him...He'll never wear a Fin uniform anytime soon, you can count on that.

EXACTLY. He is from Ft. Lauderdale, played at Central Florida.

Miami can offer him 2 things New England cannot.

#1 The ability to return home.
#2 No state income tax.

:sidelol:

Would you rather have that or Super Bowl rings? I think New England is where he wants to be. Why go anywhere else? They're always in the thick of things

I don't think the Pats even re-Sign him, not even to trade him and get something out of it. they would have to eat some of the cap, I hate the Pats but if it was me I would tender him with a 2nd or 1st, that way you get something out of him without paying for part of his contract

I know alot of you guys dont like these "madden" trades, but what if we traded away our second and third rounder or something for Samuels. He is becoming one of the best corners in the league. I was watching him on Sunday and got pissed of everytime they threw the ball to his side. If hes not as good as Champ he's pretty close and only getting closer. I know you guys will argue that hes no where in his league, but when it comes the important playoff games or pressure situations this guy is always up for the challenge. We need a guy like that.

No where in this league? Buddy, he's in the conductor's seat of the money train. As a matter of fact, his agent is already making headlines anywhere he can that in context read "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm : Samuel Wants The Samolians

And since he will probably become an UFA, unless the Pats franchise him, no draft picks will be necessary. Even if they were, the only situation I'd be willing to give up draft picks for if is Mueller or Cameron fall in love with Russell or Quin and want to move up to aquire the franchise and future of the MIami Dolphins.

Other than that, we should keep our picks and NE can keep Samuels. Not only will Clements be less expensive but he's just as good.

I know alot of you guys dont like these "madden" trades, but what if we traded away our second and third rounder or something for Samuels. He is becoming one of the best corners in the league. I was watching him on Sunday and got pissed of everytime they threw the ball to his side. If hes not as good as Champ he's pretty close and only getting closer. I know you guys will argue that hes no where in his league, but when it comes the important playoff games or pressure situations this guy is always up for the challenge. We need a guy like that.

yeah,like they'll trade him..ha

Asante Samuel has proved that he's the 2nd best corner in the league. Another upside is that he's young and graduated from UCF. As stated earlier, he may want to return home & stay in the most competitive conference in the league. CB is definitely a huge priority we need to address!!

Did I miss something? The guy is a good corner but 2nd best in the league??

Back
Top Bottom