Ashamed!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ashamed!!!!

Is it just me, or does this have nothing to do with the Dolphins?

I think we all need a group hug!:)

Seriously though, Jeep is right. I know how he feels and have been in his shoes many times. If you come on here and disgaree with anything that the team does or point out a weakness, you are attacked like a pork chop in a pack of pit bulls.

I say let everyone have their say. If you disagree then do it about the issue and not make it personal. If it is a topic or member you don't like, then just ignore them.

I will be glad when the season starts.

No more :saberfigh everyone be :D . Seriuosly I completely understand what jeep is saying its gotten a little out of hand lately. I am not able to get on as much as i like lately but when I do I love reading everyones opinions whether its good or bad. Lets just keep this fun.

Ashamed

First off ..."don't be haten". Secondly, for those of us who get upset when people constantly complain about our beloved team's coaching staff, upper management, and starting QB, take heart. After we get to the Superbowl this season, all those folks will be jumping off the negative band wagon faster than you can say Jay Fiedler...MVP. So don't get so personal in your responses. For those who are always complaining about Wanny, management, and Fiedler, two things. Don Shula isn't coming to bring back those glory years of the '70's and there will never be another Dan Marino so stop looking for him. Nothing personal in that response just stating facts.
Peace

I might be a newbie to this website, but I enjoy all the good feedback and the debates too. I'm a die-hard Dolphins fan that's lived in Pines for 21 years, and i needed a football fix during the summer. Dolphan- talk needs to resume without the immature 10 year olds posting crap!

Originally posted by Jeep
I have been a member of this board for the last 8 or 9 months and for the most part, I enjoy this forum and enjoy conversing with many of you.. I am a HUGE Dolphin fan, have been for the best part of my life and since I live on the west coast of the US, I looked forward to seeing, reading and hearing anything and everything that pertains to my favorite team..

But I have to tell you that after seeing all the attacks, put downs and harassment by many of you JUST because you may not agree with some ones opinion or because they misspelled a word.. or maybe they are trying to make a point and their facts are slightly off .. well.. it has me ashamed to call myself a Dolfan and its getting to the point where I am ask myself if I am really enjoying logging onto this board... I do know that my level of enthusiasm for this team has declined and I believe its from all the arrogant.. pompous... immature people here..

First, I don't particularly agree with the coaching, the front office and some of the personnel.. My only outlet to discuss these issues are here at FinHeaven... and it seem that when someone makes any kind of negative statement about the Phins or coaching or the front office.. we get publicly harassed or ridiculed!!!

We are pretty much told to sit back, shut up and quit whining.. or we are told to get a life and then get over it.. I know I have gotten a real crappy attitude towards certain people and I have lashed out at certain times myself..

The latest occurrence that prompted me to write this was from a recent thread I read.. one of our fellow Dolphin fan took the time to write his opinion (granted it was negative) about the coaching staff and one jerk (in particular) jumped all over his case unprovoked.. In response and I am sure he felt personally insulted.. he lashed back. It wasn't until then that ADMIN stepped in and attempted to solve this problem by quoting the original posters response along with his comment about "no personal attacks"...and he did not quote mention or comment any of the other posts (plural).. even tho they drew first blood.. In my opinion that showed ADMIN was taking sides and if it wasn't, then it had to be a case of overlooking who and what actually started this argument..

Look you all.. This is a GREAT forum.. probably the best Dolphin website on the whole Internet.. Its a place where I not only donated my money to keep it running, but more importantly a place where I can call home.. We have some very informative members than go to practices and posts their opinions for us people that live too far away or have to work.. We have a few members that has the inside scoop of the latest Dolphin news.. and we have friends on here..

Personally speaking.. I would hate to see this place go downhill to the point where it is no longer enjoyable and people just quit logging on...

Remember 3 things people...

1) We all put our pants on one leg at a time
2) Opinions is something that everyone has and there is time that you can not change their opinions to match yours no matter how many words you speak (or type).
3) Remember what your momma told you... If you aint got anything nice to say.. Then its probably best to keep your trap shut...

Obviously, this board has quite a few immature members and they need to realize that just because someone else doesn't agree with you or they don't agree everything that happens with the team... they are still brothers.. they are still a Dolfans and they still love the team with all their hearts..

Your right on with your assessment Jeep.
Not all the Mods pick sides and most do a great job BUT there are a "few" that are obvious in their attempts only to censor arguments from those with alternate opinions and actually make situations worse by adding insults/inflamatory remarks. If you look back in some threads the instances will be obvious to you.
Some can't handle a power position even if it is one as little as moderator on a forum and those people should'nt have that power if they can't handle it.

I too enjoy the forum much less now but it is the only place to go to discuss Fin football and overall is still enjoyable. I never thought I could get annoyed by someone's post on a website but somehow, when someone calls you out rather than just posting their alt. opinion it really drags you down into it. God knows I've been involved in quite a few tussles on here. I have to say that I appreciate the mods that step in and point out that both parties need to cool off. We all need to learn that a differing opinion is not personal and keep it that way. I doubt this site will degrade into a useless arena because there are a lot of insightful posters which always bring good points and information.

I for one apologize to any I've got heated with (especially Migs and Oliver who I've had some real barn burners with!) and hope the problems will tone down now that the season is quickly approaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Ashamed!!!!

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I for one apologize to any I've got heated with (especially Migs and Oliver who I've had some real barn burners with!) and hope the problems will tone down now that the season is quickly approaching.

Same here Trekbiz. I don't hold grudges and I don't like arguing with people. I'm just here to talk Dolphins football, not to start a Jerry Springer show.

:migs:

Re: Re: Ashamed!!!!

Originally posted by plc001

Come on now... why do opinions from a message board filled with complete strangers carry so much weight in your mind. Water off a duck's back, that's all there is to it. You will never see most these guys ever in your entire life, and if you did, you probably wouldn't know it. So who cares what they suggest.

Besides, if you say something unpopular, you should expect to get slammed. Take a step outside your house and say something unpopular and see how many people lay into you. Why would basic rules of society change on a message board? You knew what was going to happen before you made the post. If you didn't... well... lets just say you should have.

EXACTLY!! Nice post plc! :up:

trek, if you're going to make accusations like that you better back it up......Don't try to pass off a "check for yourself' as proof. If you have proof that some mod tried to censor someone views then by all means, lets' see it.
Besides, if you say something unpopular, you should expect to get slammed. Take a step outside your house and say something unpopular and see how many people lay into you. Why would basic rules of society change on a message board?
plc001----

I think this says it all....and a few other posts said it also. if somebody wants to start a negative thread about the coaching staff or a member of the team then there are going to be other members that are going to feel strongly the other way....You certainly can't expect to have your say and then no one else can have theirs can you? If it seems like you are getting ganged up on it's because there are ALOT of people who disagree with your position.....It shouldn't come as a surprise......If a buffalo fan or a jet fan would come on here and start a thread about how much Fiedler sucks or....wannstedt should be fired.....or Spielman is an idiot for not spending everydime we had by the second day of ***ency.....they would be bomarded with replys to the contrary.....if a Dolphin fan comes on here with the same attitude then they should EXPECT!!! the reaction they get.

The problem arises when the responses get personal and that's when we try and step in....if people could disagree w/out being offending to each other we wouldn't have this problem. That's the whole point....I know that I get sucked into a good debate every now and then but, for the most part I usually just leave my opinion and leave it at that unless somebody questions me directly. I'm not interested in changing anybodies mind or my image with other posters....I'm here to share my opinions and read others'. But, I won't hestitate to question and debate ANYONE who I disagree with....that's life, everybodys gotta deal with it everyday.....you can't just sail through with a contrary opinion and expect everyone to move out of your way. It will never work like that.

This is what I think about the whole thing...

Originally posted by inFINSible

trek, if you're going to make accusations like that you better back it up......Don't try to pass off a "check for yourself' as proof. If you have proof that some mod tried to censor someone views then by all means, lets' see it.

For the sake of this debate let's just drop the censoring views part since that cannot be proven and is only my opinion based on what I have seen. Lets get to the more obvious problem. When two sides get in an out of control debate in this forum "certain" mod or mods only call out one of the parties in the altercation on a regular basis which is obviously going to worsen the problem on one end. Even worse, on many occasions they also make remarks to posters that are just as inflamatory as the ones they are supposed to be moderating. Kind of a self defeating process would'nt you think.....

I think this says it all....and a few other posts said it also. if somebody wants to start a negative thread about the coaching staff or a member of the team then there are going to be other members that are going to feel strongly the other way....You certainly can't expect to have your say and then no one else can have theirs can you?

Correct me if I'm wrong but no one, especially me has said anything about expecting everyone to have the same point of view. That's the point of a message board to compare information and hear different points of view. So obviously that is not the point. The point is that you should be able to expect anyone who disagrees with you to not lash out at you personally.
You should also expect that the people honored enough to be picked to moderate such a forum fairly will actually moderate that forum fairly, equally and without picking sides in an altercation.
As Jeep and a few others have pointed out that is not what is currently happening on these boards. Hopefully with the airring of the opinions on this thread, that won't be a problem anymore.

But, I won't hestitate to question and debate ANYONE who I disagree with....that's life, everybodys gotta deal with it everyday.....you can't just sail through with a contrary opinion and expect everyone to move out of your way. It will never work like that.

Again, that was never an issue anyone has brought up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom