Ashamed!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ashamed!!!!

Here's the deal folks....

I am going to make this kind of short, as I don't have much time at this moment to create the post I'd like to here.
I do want you all to know, that I think valid points have been made by just about everyone in this thread...

The monkey thing sort of confuses me :hmmm: ... but, it sounds well thought out... :sceptic:

Anyway, I'd like to address quite a few of the comments, concerns, and complaints that have been brought up, but like I said, time will not allow that right now. If everyone would allow me a few hours to take care of real life ... I will try to be open, honest and frank with you all, and hopefully leave everyone with a degree of "peace of mind" about these issues.

I hope you will all bear with me, and relax for a little while....
Not saying you shouldn't continue to post here (if I wanted that, I'd close the thread ;) ), let's just stay calm with each other, and respect everyone's views on this situation. After all, that's what this is all about, yes?

for me, the toughest things about a message board is getting my tone across and figuring out the tone of the other poster. a lot of these arguments wouldn't be the same in person--you do a lot less reading into things when you're talking about something face to face. and familiarity helps: we're all dolphin fans here, and chances are if any of us met in a bar we'd get along. we could agree to disagree more easily. i let my friends rag on me for the stupidest things. i don't take the same ragging from people i don't know. the anonymous nature of message boards is the real source of frustration in a lot of cases. just a coupla cents from me.

sorry clumped, no disrespect meant: we're all football fans and we're passionate about it, so we could all find a way to hang and be cool and in person certain things are easier to interpret and get across...
even the fins & bills fans.

Originally posted by DPlus47
sorry clumped, no disrespect meant: we're all football fans and we're passionate about it, so we could all find a way to hang and be cool and in person certain things are easier to interpret and get across...
even the fins & bills fans.

I was just teasing ya D+ :)

I know no disrespect was intended

Ok guys..... here's where it stands...

I was going to type out a rather long dissertation, quoting various posts in this thread, and addressing them all.
I told you I'd be frank.. so I will. I simply did not have it in me...

So just let me say this. The Staff of this site all work hard to make this place the best on the web. I think most of you will agree, that we have succeded in that endeavor. Are we perfect? no...certainly not. We are human, we make judgement calls, and therefore we do make mistakes. With this in mind, it should be said that we are also not above reproach, if there are times when a mod, mentor, or admin seems to step out of line, I hope that none of you would hesitate to bring it to another Staff member's attention. We may not handle it publicly, but there is very good communication between Staff members, and we often work things out amongst ourselves.
Another point... we can not possibly monitor every word that is posted in this forum... this is why we have the "report this post to a moderator" link. By clicking that link, it sends the Staff an Email, it also posts a thread in the Staff Only forum, which is hidden from the members.. this gives us a heads up to a potential problem, without the other members seeing it, and allows us to evaluate the post, and take action if we decide it's necessary. We don't always see it right away... none of us can be here 24/7... and sometimes our judgement is to do nothing, and let it die on its own. However, many times it requires action of some sort, and we try to get to it as sooon as we can.
As for the personal attack policy. Again, much of this is judgement and perception. If we percieve an attack on the poster, and not the post... we usually step in. We may not always target the person who started it.. but our main goal is to calm things down. That doesn't mean that we don't see the big picture.... it only means that we chose a direction that we percieve to be the quickest way to difuse the situation.
One last thing... we try not to play favorites.. we try to be impartial and fair.... but remember, it's all a judgement call, and we are human... if we were to have absolute zero tolerance for even hints of trouble... that would IMO kill the spirit of debate and discussion that this board thrives on.... so we must rely on our judgement.
We have almost 1800 members now... and growing faster than ever... it's a large community to police... so bear with us...

Thanks,

Jon

Originally posted by WharfRat
...I was going to type out a rather long dissertation, quoting various posts in this thread, and addressing them all.
I told you I'd be frank.. so I will. I simply did not have it in me...

You almost had it in you Rat. You almost did.

I just find it amusing that there are Dolphin fans that will have a natural bias against Dolphin players and Dolphin coaches. They assert the right to treat them with disrespect and assert the right to be loose with the facts while doing it. They try to continually stir up the mob emotionally and have a Frankensteinian storming of the castle to throw the bums out.

And then they are surprised that they get that same level of disrespect returned to them.

I'm am not happy about every player or coaching decision. But, I also know that they are working day and night to improve this team and that demands my loyalty and respect.

I love intelligent critical analysis. But, negative emotionalism...imo, has no value in setting the proper tone in a successful debate forum. It will always spiral downward...
:toliet:

First, I don't post much, but I read nearly everything and have done so for about a yr I guess.

Personally, I think this board is pretty good, even when it was governing itself. Course I come from the Herald board, which kind of resets your perspective of what "getting along" really is. Anyway, personal attacks does not seem like a problem, of course it happens, but I don't think it is a problem deserving of its own thread.

Moderators and administration does a great job of keeping this place running smooth. I don't think any changes need to be made in the current system. You're never going to make everyone happy. And if you tighten your grip to much more you'll quell any amount of open debate.

Anyway, my final 2 cents in this discussion.

Here's an idea, create a penalty box ...much like they have in hockey.

When a poster/posters, get a certain amount of warnings put them in the penalty box for a month. Then allow the general public to vote from this pool for "Asshole of the month".

I think it would be fun.

I volunteer to be the first "asshole" of finheaven due to my previous violations.:D

Originally posted by themole
Here's an idea, create a penalty box ...much like they have in hockey.

When a poster/posters, get a certain amount of warnings put them in the penalty box for a month. Then allow the general public to vote from this pool for "Asshole of the month".

I think it would be fun.

I volunteer to be the first "asshole" of finheaven due to my previous violations.:D

I second your nomination Mole .....:eek: :chuckle: J/K

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom