Ask Brett Tessler | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Brett Tessler

Brett,

With all this BS ricky stuff going on now, can ricky file for bankruptcy and become a free agent? Rumors stating he can file for bankruptcy, we can collect his money, then he will be a free agent? Is this legally possible? If so, why the heck doesnt every NFL player do this when they are at the end of their contract any want out? Like Ogun here, McCardell, or anyone who feels they are underpaid?

WelcomeBack said:
Thanks for the insight.One last question,would it be wise to start Carey or Hadnot at RG to maybe see how they do and maybe let them see what it is like vs. Starting D-Lines or is it gonna be Jerman or Whitley?
I think you might see them take a look at some of the younger guys later in the season if they're out of it.

late again said:
Here's a loaded question for you. What is your opinion on the Anquan Boldin; Ken Sarnoff; Drew Rosenhaus soap opera?
Just like you said, it's a soap opera. Happens all the time in this business.

Okay, so that was a safe non-answer. Let me get more specific. Are there any anti-tampering rules/policies/laws that actually have any teeth? Is it any different from coming to a verbal agreement with a salesman at a, say Chevy dealer, then after talking to the Ford salesman across the street deciding to buy the Ford and telling the Chevy salesman-never mind?

Philter25 said:
Brett,

With all this BS ricky stuff going on now, can ricky file for bankruptcy and become a free agent? Rumors stating he can file for bankruptcy, we can collect his money, then he will be a free agent? Is this legally possible? If so, why the heck doesnt every NFL player do this when they are at the end of their contract and want out? Like Ogun here, McCardell, or anyone who feels they are underpaid?
According to experts in the bankruptcy field, it might be legally possible. If that's the case, look for more players to try it in the future.

late again said:
Okay, so that was a safe non-answer. Let me get more specific. Are there any anti-tampering rules/policies/laws that actually have any teeth? Is it any different from coming to a verbal agreement with a salesman at a, say Chevy dealer, then after talking to the Ford salesman across the street deciding to buy the Ford and telling the Chevy salesman-never mind?
Non-answer? Man, you guys are tough.:D There are rules against tortious interference, but it's very hard to prove. In order to do so, a player needs to testify that the agent he signed with illegally stole him from his previous agent. Do you think any players are willing to do that? In situations like these, consider the reputations of the people involved and come to your own conclusions.

spydertl79 said:
Have you ever seen a worse offensive line then the one the Dolphins have this year?
No, I haven't. The good news is that they have two solid veterans (James and McIntosh) and two talented youngsters (Carey and Smith) that should develop into fine players. With another good offseason and improved chemistry, this has the potential to become a formidable line in the near future.

Brett,I have 2 questions for you.

1.How does the near future look for Dave Wannstedt?

2.What is the likelihood of trading a CB (Maybe Madison) for a Draft Pick and a decent O-Lineman?

Brett,
do you know what the contract language in dave wannstedts contract is like? and if would prevent from quitting or getting fired in mid-season?

To answer the previous two questions, things are obviously not going the way Dave would like. If Huizenga decides to make a coaching change it probably won't happen until after the season. You almost never see an in-season head coaching change in the NFL. Unlike other sports, football is a game of complex schemes and systems that require an entire offseason to implement. Besides owing him some money, there's probably nothing in Dave's contract that would prevent the team from letting him go.

Brett Tessler said:
No, I haven't. The good news is that they have two solid veterans (James and McIntosh) and two talented youngsters (Carey and Smith) that should develop into fine players. With another good offseason and improved chemistry, this has the potential to become a formidable line in the near future.
"another good offseason"? You consider the last offseason a success? James hasn't been the same player as he was for the Panthers. As it looks now, it seems the FO overpaid for the guy. Do you believe the current FO will be able to put together a solid O-Line over one offseason? or do you think there will be a new FO in place before that can happen?

Also, i think what you're doing for this forum is pretty awesome.

Brett,

I think at one time you said you represented and are good friends with Trent Gamble. What is he doing now...did someone pick him up?

FishFillet1051 said:
"another good offseason"? You consider the last offseason a success? James hasn't been the same player as he was for the Panthers. As it looks now, it seems the FO overpaid for the guy. Do you believe the current FO will be able to put together a solid O-Line over one offseason? or do you think there will be a new FO in place before that can happen?

Also, i think what you're doing for this forum is pretty awesome.
While it's easy to say they look like crap, you can't fairly evaluate an offensive line until they've had a reasonable amount of time to gel. I consider this past offseason a success from the standpoint that they basically started from scratch and still came away with two proven starters and a handful of talented prospects. Face it, with the loss of Ricky Williams and everything else that happened, this season was over before it started. They might be struggling now, but if guys like Carey and Smith get it together this could be a good line for years to come. I just hope Fiedler and Feeley live to see it.

stevec said:
Brett,

I think at one time you said you represented and are good friends with Trent Gamble. What is he doing now...did someone pick him up?
Trent is continuing to rehab his knee and should be ready by 2005.

Back
Top Bottom