Ask Brett Tessler | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Brett Tessler

Brett, I dont know if youve had a chance to read the Ron Dayne thread on this forum but if you did im curious as to your opinion of this subject.

QUestion?

Hey Brett. I am about to take the LSAT in the next 2 weeks, and unless I completely choke I will be on my way to law school some where South Florida. The school is pending on my score of course. I am writing this assuming you went to law school, although you can still answer my question if you did not. I want to know if you are happy with your career choice. I am 22 and an seriously considering becoming a sporting agent once I graduate from law school. Is there any reason you would not recomend this profession? I intent on being single for a long time, I like to travel, and I love and am knowlegable about sports, but I am a bit of a Dolphin homer. I just wanna know what you think. Would working for a team be more practical. Thanks a lot Brett. Hope your boys have a good combine. Take care

Nathane959 said:
Brett, I dont know if youve had a chance to read the Ron Dayne thread on this forum but if you did im curious as to your opinion of this subject.
I don't think Ron Dayne is the solution to any of the Dolphins' problems. He was a great college player whose running style didn't translate to the NFL. He's not fast enough to be a tailback, and not physical enough to play fullback. Believe me, as a first round pick he would have been given every opportunity in NY or elsewhere if anybody thought he could play. Right now Sammy Morris is a better option for the Dolphins.

Brett,
Any idea of how much $ we'd save by trading down to say the 10-15th pick in the draft (from #2 overall)?
I assume it could be millions against the cap difference?

Thanks!
:D

I think trading down is a great Idea! Benson brown or williams will still be there so we would get the same player but an extra pick!

fear-the-d said:
I think trading down is a great Idea! Benson brown or williams will still be there so we would get the same player but an extra pick!

And at a lower contract than the #2 overall would require. :cooldude:
Brett, what would be the approx. savings between #2 and, say, #10 overall?

:confused:

Mile High Fin said:
And at a lower contract than the #2 overall would require. :cooldude:
Brett, what would be the approx. savings between #2 and, say, #10 overall?

:confused:
Approximately 1 to 1.3 million per year on average.

beejay05 said:
Hey Brett. I am about to take the LSAT in the next 2 weeks, and unless I completely choke I will be on my way to law school some where South Florida. The school is pending on my score of course. I am writing this assuming you went to law school, although you can still answer my question if you did not. I want to know if you are happy with your career choice. I am 22 and an seriously considering becoming a sporting agent once I graduate from law school. Is there any reason you would not recomend this profession? I intent on being single for a long time, I like to travel, and I love and am knowlegable about sports, but I am a bit of a Dolphin homer. I just wanna know what you think. Would working for a team be more practical. Thanks a lot Brett. Hope your boys have a good combine. Take care
Best of luck with the LSAT... Relax and you'll do fine. Read some of my prior posts and many of your questions will be answered. I'm not an attorney, and this isn't really a legal business (although it's still a great background to have). If all it required to become a successful agent was a college degree and a love of sports everybody would do it. Who wouldn't want to negotiate multi-million dollar deals, go to ballgames for a living, and party at the Playboy Mansion? I've been fortunate enough to do it all and maybe you can too. This month I'll be speaking at Nova University's Law School and answering questions for students who want to become agents. Unfortunately, very few, if any of them will succeed. That's just the reality of the business.

The best running back in this draft is Darrin Sproles, Just go and compare the numbers. he is another Barry sanders type of running back.

Hey brett do u honestly think that Aj Feely is a good fit in miami.. I don't ... He makes way to many mistakes.. Why cant we ever put our heads together and go after veteren qb's suck as free agents like warner, garcia.. I think garcia would light up the field in a dolphins uniform..

Canadian DolFan said:
Hey brett do u honestly think that Aj Feely is a good fit in miami.. I don't ... He makes way to many mistakes.. Why cant we ever put our heads together and go after veteren qb's such as free agents like warner, garcia.. I think garcia would light up the field in a dolphins uniform..

The jury is still out on Feeley. I don't think Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and Johnny Unitas wrapped into one could have succeeded behind last year's offensive line.

Krush said:
The best running back in this draft is Darrin Sproles, Just go and compare the numbers. he is another Barry sanders type of running back.
Best in the draft?
:shakeno: worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.....what does Tessler think?

Back
Top Bottom