Ask Brett Tessler | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Brett Tessler

I got injured a liittle during high school, but didn't attempt to go back into playing. I am dropping pounds right now, and by the time AFL starts, I should be at 210 or 215, at 6'0". Anyway, I haven't done any of the workouts as of yet, but I am definately working on them. I just wanted to see if I'd be eligible when I am at the right requirements and still be drafted from the AFL.

WelcomeBack said:
I got injured a liittle during high school, but didn't attempt to go back into playing. I am dropping pounds right now, and by the time AFL starts, I should be at 210 or 215, at 6'0". Anyway, I haven't done any of the workouts as of yet, but I am definately working on them. I just wanted to see if I'd be eligible when I am at the right requirements and still be drafted from the AFL.
Good luck on making it!

WelcomeBack said:
Brett, I am looking at playing in the AFL next year possibly. Not sure if I would make it, but I am in training. If I play in the AFL until I reach requirements, would that still make me eligible for the draft? Also, I might need an agent if I make it one day....know anybody? lol :)

At your age (18) I'm not sure that you meet the requirements. I recommend that you call the AFL league office and get clarification from them. Just know ahead of time that it's very difficult to get into the Arena League. You might want to try college first, as that's where most of the Arena players come from. Best of luck.

Brett Tessler, I was wondering how many clients you have and if you can, can you name some of them

nick19991 said:
Brett Tessler, I was wondering how many clients you have and if you can, can you name some of them

About 20 active clients. I'd rather not publish a client list, but many of them have been mentioned in prior posts.

Brett Tessler said:
About 20 active clients right now, many who have been mentioned in prior posts.

Are they all in the NFL, or do you represent players in AFL,CFL etc?

pwn3dyo said:
Are they all in the NFL, or do you represent players in AFL,CFL etc?

The 20 that I mentioned are all NFL players. I have a few more in the Arena League who were former NFL clients that I continue to help.

Brett Tessler said:
The 20 that I mentioned are all NFL players. I have a few more in the Arena League who were former NFL clients that I continue to help.

how does the contract work? I mean what % does the agent get of the clients salary? or is it difference in every case? My guess would be that the agent would get about 10% of the salary

TEZ Dolfan34 said:
Brett where did you go to College? What did you take there aswell?

I went to Purdue University and majored in Political Science.

Brett Tessler said:
I went to Purdue University and majored in Political Science.

Hey Brett, great to have you at the site. I'm also a political science major and I was wondering if you went to law school after you finished your undergrad work? If so what type of law did you focus on to get where you are at today?

Brett,

How long after the draft is it that you will start to field phone calls for an undrafted client. Will they have already contacted you or is it strickly right after the draft the phone starts ringing. Also how long do you wait to take in all the offers and make a decision on what team to sign with. For a they guys at the top how many offers do the top guys get.. I saw this year only 4-5 players got more than 20k+ to sign, do those guys have any series bidding for there talents.. Thanx GreenMonster

Brett,
in your opinion how much can a QB get noticed at a Scout Camp Combine. I got the size and arm strength, but I got injured in college, and then got stuck with the daily grind of having to pay the bills. Of course like everybody else, I think I have the tools, but I'm just not sure of what is the best way to go about showcasing them. Are combines the best way, open tryouts maybe? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom