Ask Brett Tessler | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Brett Tessler

Hi Brett.Where do you see Jesse fitting in with the team? With Booker being drafted it seems he will be our 3rd down back(or so us experts think,lol).What does Jesse have to do to win a job?

Like any draft, only time will tell. I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but who really knows? The Dolphins had so many needs going in, and while drafting Brady Quinn would have been the sexier pick, Ted Ginn probably has more upside (if he ever gets healthy). I didn't represent any of the Fins draft picks this year, but I recently picked up Jesse Chatman as a client.

I actually think Quinn has the more upside but that's just my opinion. A franchise QB with his pedigree is just rare in this league.

That's pretty awesome you got Chatman. I'm hoping Chatman stays because outside of Ronnie, we lack veteran presence at RB if Ricky's gone forever.

Hi Brett.Where do you see Jesse fitting in with the team? With Booker being drafted it seems he will be our 3rd down back(or so us experts think,lol).What does Jesse have to do to win a job?

I think Jesse can do it all from contributing on special teams to starting if neccessary. The main difference between he and Booker is that Jesse's already proven he can average 6 yards a carry in the NFL. Motivation will NOT be an issue. He's ready to run through a wall for this team.

Brett, is there any chance that i can get a couple interviews with any of your players for our website. www.warroomreport.com. We are one of the top websites http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http://warroomreport.comfor the NFL draft and so on. This is our first year, i have already had interviews with Sidney Rice, Brandon Siler, and Ben Patrick for the site in our first existing year.

Any chance you got some guys that could use some PR?

PM me if you want to talk about it more, and i can give you my number to reach me as well.

I actually think Quinn has the more upside but that's just my opinion. A franchise QB with his pedigree is just rare in this league.

No disrespect, but 13 other teams after the Dolphins passed on Quinn as well. "Franchise" QBs with rare pedigree don't slide into the 20's... That's where guys like Aaron Rodgers and Jim Druckenmiller get drafted. HOWEVER, time may prove you right and everybody else wrong. That's what makes the draft fun.

Hey, an Eagles fan here with a question. I know you guys work on a standard 3 percent commission. So if a client goes and pulls an Adam Jones or Chris Henry and gets suspended for the year, is the agent still owed the commission on the salary the player should have made if he wasn't suspended?

Thanks.

Hey Brett, given your experience in this business, what is your opinion of the Dolphins interest in Trent Green and what that means for Daunte's future with Miami if we acquire Trent?

Hi Brett, Congrats on the Jesse Chatman deal. Just got a question. What's your background and experience? Do you have a law degree in contract law or something to become an agent? I'm not familiar with the industry as I'm not from the States.

Hey, an Eagles fan here with a question. I know you guys work on a standard 3 percent commission. So if a client goes and pulls an Adam Jones or Chris Henry and gets suspended for the year, is the agent still owed the commission on the salary the player should have made if he wasn't suspended?

Thanks.

No, agents only collect on money as it is received.

what is the best way for me to get into the football business? id like to become a scout...

Brett, is there any chance that i can get a couple interviews with any of your players for our website. www.warroomreport.com. We are one of the top websites for the NFL draft and so on. This is our first year, i have already had interviews with Sidney Rice, Brandon Siler, and Ben Patrick for the site in our first existing year.

Any chance you got some guys that could use some PR?

PM me if you want to talk about it more, and i can give you my number to reach me as well.

I read your Private Message and I appreciate the offer. I saved your contact information and if the need arises I'll be in touch. Thanks again.
BT

Hey Brett, given your experience in this business, what is your opinion of the Dolphins interest in Trent Green and what that means for Daunte's future with Miami if we acquire Trent?

I personally don't think acquiring Green makes sense for the Dolphins. At this stage of his career I think he's best suited for a team like the Bears who are just one piece away from winning it all. With the big investment already made in Culpepper, why not try one more season just in case he still has something left (unless this staff thinks he's absolutely worthless). Also, if they feel like John Beck is the quarterback of the future then why not get him some game experience now?

I personally don't think acquiring Green makes sense for the Dolphins. At this stage of his career I think he's best suited for a team like the Bears who are just one piece away from winning it all. With the big investment already made in Culpepper, why not try one more season just in case he still has something left (unless this staff thinks he's absolutely worthless). Also, if they feel like John Beck is the quarterback of the future then why not get him some game experience now?
I completely agree.

Back
Top Bottom