Ask CK (like Ask Alex, except better) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask CK (like Ask Alex, except better)

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is something they JUST wrapped up, but the infamous Scouts Inc has just finished ranking the top #329 draft prospects and have given a RATING, RANKING, and a WRITEUP for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

...WOW....

CK's gonna be busy readin for days :)

Ask me in this thread about a particular guy. I'll give you rating and ranking.

What does Eli stand for in Eli Manning?;)

Nfl Draft Blitz has us taking DT Randy Starks at 20. What's the ranking on him?

This is ESPN Insider Dennis, sorry man if ya dont have a subscription the link will do ya no good. Lets see...

Randy Starks...ranked #21 (just below Andrews who is ranked #20 and rated a 94). Starks is rated a 93 and here's his writeup...

DT | (6'3", 314, 4.95) | MARYLAND | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 93
Comments: Starks is active, extremely disruptive, explodes off snap. Has upper-body strength to maintain separation, uses hands well, can shed quickly. Good bulk, outstanding lower-body strength, can anchor at point of attack. Agile, effective on line stunts, good closing speed to quarterback. Variety of pass rush moves, relentless, forces offensive linemen to keep feet moving. Drives legs, can collapse pocket, adequate bull rusher. Tall, excellent leaper, can bat down passes. Anticipates snap counts, has first step to beat opponents off snap and get into backfield quickly. Excellent instincts, locates ballcarrier quickly, is usually around ball but sometimes gets caught out of position. Can be overaggressive, vulnerable to effective hard counts. Takes good angles to ball, has burst to run plays down from behind, agility to make plays in space. Good range for size, can make plays from sideline to sideline. Good motor, makes plays with second effort. Breaks down in open field, wraps up ballcarrier on contact. Is consistent, powerful tackler capable of forcing fumbles. Doesn't always play with leverage, struggles to hold ground when he plays too high. Can't consistently split double teams, appears to give up plays when forward momentum stops. Vulnerable to cut blocks, must protect legs better. Starks played three-technique tackle in the Terps' 4-3 defense in 2002 but moved to end in Maryland's 3-4 scheme as a junior in 2003, although he continued to play a one-gap penetrating role. Starks started every game since his true freshman season in 2001. As a junior defensive end in the three-man front, Starks finished with 73 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks. Starks is a versatile prospect who could play either defensive tackle in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4, but his best fit might be as a one-gap penetrator in a traditional four-man front. Starks has been dominant in college for the past three seasons, but he has even more potential. Hecould develop into an elite player if he works harder and will likely be a Top-25 pick

Sammie Parker draws a rating of a poor 49, draws a red flag for bulk (lack thereof) and carries a ranking of #209.

Kevin Youngblood ranks dead last at #329 (which would make him Mr.Irrelevant) and draws a rating of 31.

Its a pretty impressive sounding write-up except I wasn't all that impressed with Starks at the Senior Bowl if I'm thinkin of the right guy. I remember Dockett looking far more energetic and active.

Eric Ogobu was very impressive in the Senior Bowl I watched. He hasn't done much in the NFL

Randy Starks, Vilma, and Dunta Robinson are the defenders I would love for Miami to draft if any are there.

I liked Karlos Dansby but he was horrible in his interviews from what I heard. He blamed his coaches and his teammates for the season. Not exactly the type of player you would like.

The ESPN and Sporting News write-ups are the same for the most part. Using the exact same words in certain areas of the write-ups.

Now I know to subscribe to only 1 of them next year.

I personally like the Sporting News Draft Central much better.

I also heard that Dansby ran slow but I could be wrong.

Dunta Robinson...rating 94...ranking #19.
Jonathon Vilma...rating 95...ranking #17...red flag for bulk (lack of)

Karlos Dansby...rating 90...ranking #28 (no red flags for attitude...)

Back
Top Bottom