Ask CK (like Ask Alex, except better) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask CK (like Ask Alex, except better)

Originally posted by LIQUID24
if that's the case we can look for a CB in 2 years, not now.

do you think we can get a young CB with the talent as Dunta in the next 2 years? Do you want to take that chance?

How about LB Rod Davis, QB Robert Kent, and WR Sloan Thomas, three late round prospects we could draft.

I say no to dunta too. Why, we are set at corners and definatly have more pressing needs than that. I'd like to see almost anything but a cornerback.

If you get a chance I would love to read the write up on Matt Schuab. I think he has a bright future with an underrated arm.

what if Surtain and Madison go down? Both have gone down before in the last couple of years.

What's the cap savings if Miami were to cut or trade Madison after the 2004 season?? I feel Howard was given good money to take over for Madison after the 2004 season. Surtain more than likely has 2 or 3 years left with the knee condition. This would be the time to take a potentially excellent CB.

IMO. Dunta and Vilma are in the same boat as far as Miami selecting them with the #20 pick and the feeling I'd have towards it. 2 excellent players ready to step in as rookies. I find it hard to pass up either one of these 2 play-makers.

DEFENSE- Sean Taylor, Michael Boulware, Sean Jones, Bob Sanders, Stu Schwiegart, Marquise Hill and Matthias Askew?!? Thanks CK. You are the info king.

Originally posted by ChambersNBoston
DEFENSE- Sean Taylor, Michael Boulware, Sean Jones, Bob Sanders, Stu Schwiegart, Marquise Hill and Matthias Askew?!? Thanks CK. You are the info king.

I'm no CK, but here you go:
Sean Taylor ranked #2.. 99 rating

Michael Boulware ranked #48 rating of 85

Sean Jones ranked #45 rating of 86

Bob Sanders ranked #53 rating of 83

Marquise Hill ranked #44 rating of 86

Schwiegart ranked #61 rating of 79

Matthias Askew ranked #100 rating of 69

Lots of requests. To answer your guys' questions somewhat the rankings and ratings are accessible only if you have Insider, as are the writeups. Without Insider you can only click on the name of the dude and it will give you like his profile, which I think may include mostly stats and stuff...not a real scouting report.

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
Number 100/69? mmmmk

100th best player according to ESPN with a rating of 69 out of 100 talent wise.

90-100= rare prospect
80-89= Outstanding prospect
70-79= Solid Prospect
60-69= Good prospect
50-59= Adequate Prospect
21-49= Borderline draftee
20= Undrafted free agent
10= Not a legitimate prospect.

Those are the ratings.

Thanks for taking over RUDE while I was enjoying my loooooong commute home from work.

Jerricho Cotchery is a 63 rating ranked at #132.

Chris Gamble carries a 95 rating ranked at #14.

P.K. Sam carries a 62 rating and a #139 rank.

BJ Johnson carries a 58 rating and a #162 rank.

Derrick Hamilton carries a 77 rating and a rank of #71.

Sean Jones as stated has an 86 rating and #45 rank.

Will Allen carries a 74 rating and a rank of #78.

As for Dunta Robinson hey if he truly is the best player left on the board I guess it wouldn't be a terrible pick but there are other areas with similar talents where we could definitely use a player of first round potential. Madison's deal was just in effect extended, keep that in mind. More money was turned into bonus, and the base salaries of all his future years were lowered to keepable rates. In other words we just made him harder to cut within a year or two. My objection to drafting a first round CB now is that with the signing of Reggie Howard, we would not be able to get the rookie any playing time as a rookie. The proper place to train a rookie is the nickel spot, not Dime CB. If we hadn't signed Howard, then it would have made more sense to make a move for Dunta than when we drafted Jamar Fletcher, because it would be obvious who Dunta is shooting to replace...Madison...whereas Jamar (who thought he was the best CB since Deion) looked and was like...uhh, gee guys, where's the chink in the armor? IMO drafting Dunta wouldn't be the end of the world he'd help out tremendously within 2 years (I liken him heavily to Patrick Surtain and I think its a natural comparison), however he would relegate the Howard signing into utter stupidity. Is the front office, especially novice GM Rick Spielman, ready to admit so quickly that they should not have taken part in the run on CBs in free agency? I don't believe so. Therefore, Dunta Robinson or even DeAngelo Hall or Chris Gamble, would probably be the last guys they draft.

As for Matt Schaub, they don't have him falling that far. He's ranked #66 with a rating of 78...not bad. Justin Smiley is ranked just ahead of him at like #63 or somewhere around there.

Schaub
Grade: 78
Comments: Schaub is a tall, powerful quarterback with ideal size. He's an accurate, consistent passer with good mechanics. Schaub has a high release with adequate quickness and follow-through. He shows good touch on all throws. He has very good timing underneath and leads his receivers well. Schaub takes care of the football and won't force throws. Over the years, he's become solid at reading defenses, checking off, finding his secondary receiver and putting the ball in spots. He has good pocket awareness, makes hot reads and dumps the ball in a timely manner if pressured. However, Schaub is not a good athlete. He doesn't have quickness or speed and might struggle to avoid the rush in the NFL. Schaub also struggles to throw on the run and will float the ball when he throws across his body. His adequate arm strength causes him to struggle putting the ball in tight spots downfield, and his deep ball sails at times. Schaub took control of the Cavalier's quarterback job as a junior in 2002, completing 68.9 percent of his attempts and winning the ACC Player of the Year award. Schaub owns virtually every major Virginia passing record. After missing two games at the beginning of his senior season (minor shoulder injury), Schaub bounced back with a strong second half, throwing for 2,952 yards, 18 touchdowns and posting an MVP performance in the Continental Tire Bowl vs. Pittsburgh. Schaub lacks ideal arm strength and isn't much of an athlete. But he has terrific timing as a passer, which helps make up for his lack of velocity, and he makes quick reads, checks down, and gets rid of the football before the rush gets to him. Schaub has terrific size, is intelligent, accurate and competitive. He is at his best in the short passing game, but he also shows good touch and accuracy on deep balls. If he gets drafted by a team that emphasizes a lot of shorter, accurate throws (such as the Patriots), Schaub has a chance to develop into a decent starter. If nothing else, he is an intelligent, hard-working team player who could become an excellent backup. That's why, Schaub is a terrific value late on Day 1 of the draft.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Dunta Robinson's also got an impressive writeup.

how about my boy Sanders and his abiltity to play both S positions? I know you feel he is a SS but he seems like he could play both.

Back
Top Bottom