Assume Gus starts week 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assume Gus starts week 1

shellgh0st

D-Unit
Reaction score
And he plays exactly the same way he did against the bucs, however, denver puts some points on the board. Say it is 14-7 at half time, does Gus get benched?

Remember, assume he does what he did against the bucs; over thrown passes, two passes that go to DBs and are almost INT and an actual INT.

Do you think Saban will bench Gus?

Assuming Frerotte starts week one, then we are week behind where we should be. I, for one, certainly hope he NEVER starts since it is a complete, detrimental, meaningless waste of time.

GrnMtnMan said:
Assuming Frerotte starts week one, then we are week behind where we should be. I, for one, certainly hope he NEVER starts since it is a complete, detrimental, meaningless waste of time.

You can't say that because Feeley has not proven he's the answer or a beaming talent... I trust Saban to make the right decision, and if Frerrote can be a placeholder so we can be competitive and get back to winning habits before finding a qb next year, so be it....

No, switching QBs in the middle of the game never works, you need to let them play through.

FemaleFinFan said:
He'll be benched for the next game. I can't see Saban benching him midgame

agreed... he wouldnt pull a wanny... but then again, who is to say we wouldn't pull it out in the 2nd half of week 1?!?!? damn let the season start already... all this speculation is really just garbage...

GrnMtnMan said:

Yeah, but what can we do, they are giving him every chance in the world to show something.

I think AJ is a better QB, but Im very supportive of Gus, I just wish he would stop trying to act like Elway or Marino and start playing smart football. Take what the defense gives you, create a rhythm with the short and mid range passes and then kill the defense with the deep passes when they are there. He needs to improve his accuracy. Also, he is "feeling" pressure too soon, he is letting the ball go too soon because of that and that is effecting his timing.

shellgh0st said:
And he plays exactly the same way he did against the bucs, however, denver puts some points on the board. Say it is 14-7 at half time, does Gus get benched?

Remember, assume he does what he did against the bucs; over thrown passes, two passes that go to DBs and are almost INT and an actual INT.

Do you think Saban will bench Gus?

Doubt it, unless the game is out of hand. 14-7 is not out of hand, I doubt that he would pull him. If he does, welcome to 2004.

If they sign Couch, you can assume that Feeley will eventually end up being 3rd string again which he likely would not accept so they might as well anticipate this and cut him sooner rather later and use the money to sign somebody like Simon.

No. Saban believes that the offensive struggles are the fault of more than the QB.

Accually maybe, I remeber I was watching an LSU game and one of his qbs was struggling in a semi close game, so he pulled him. They ended up winning I think.

Back
Top Bottom