Assuming Ireland and Philibin are Done, Whose Next Up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Ireland and Philibin are Done, Whose Next Up?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I just don't see how Jeff Ireland can survive this scandal. Joe Philibin may, but depending on what the NFL finds out, he could be gone as well. I actually like Philibin and would like to see him have more time, but assuming both are fired who do you want as the next coach and GM?

Are there any young Ozzie Newsome's out there to run the player personnel side of things? Who is the next Bill Walsh? Does this team need to go in a completely different direction, or make some modifications and work with a similar system?

I don't know the answers here. I just want what all fans do -- to build a winning culture in Miami which leads to an eventual super bowl title, or two, or three.

I don't even wanna think about it, cause we all know how far up Carl Petersons azz Ross is. That would just be bad.

As far as coach who knows, I have no faith in Ross landing a big name coach especially with all this garbage that has fallen on this team up to date.

Steve Ross has a boner for big name coaches with star power, so get ready for the Gruden boys.

And as for who will take the job here, I think it's simple. Anyone who thinks Ryan Tannehill can be turned into a top flight QB will take the job.

I'd be happy with either Jay or Jon.

Why not both?

Head Coach: Jon Gruden

Assistant Head Coach/OC: Jay Gruden

Defensive Coordinator: Lovie Smith

GM: Eric DeCosta

A guy can dream....

Just read up on what former players have to say about Jon Gruden, and some of the controversies he had to deal with. I'd much rather see what his little brother can do, but I've read rumors that they are a package deal and Jon wants personnel control. I'm not a fan of that scenario.

I think you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves; when this is all said and done I believe the evidence will show Martin had a mental problem, his mother overreacted and philbin/ Ireland did nothing wrong. I also think we're about to make a playoff run.

So save your wet dreams about new coaches and gms till after the season

I think you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves; when this is all said and done I believe the evidence will show Martin had a mental problem, his mother overreacted and philbin/ Ireland did nothing wrong. I also think we're about to make a playoff run.

So save your wet dreams about new coaches and gms till after the season

It's an assumption thread, did you not read the title? I don't even hate Ireland or Philbin.

If Carolina has a good season which it's looking like things are turning around over there... Whats wrong with bringing Dan Marino as President and Mike Shula as head coach???

why is everyone so quick to want to fire Philbin? this falls squarely on the shoulders of Jonathan Martin. Dude couldn't hack it and wanted to quit and get paid at the same time and decided this was the way to do it. Its not Philbins fault the guy is a giant walking vagina and has no backbone and couldn't stand up for himself.

If Carolina has a good season which it's looking like things are turning around over there... Whats wrong with bringing Dan Marino as President and Mike Shula as head coach???

No Shula kids, please. Please.. no...

My post is directed at the many who seem to think they're as good as gone...they're just as bad as the analysts who've commented on this story like they know everything that happened despite having small pieces of evidence.

We all know what happens when u assume

Back
Top Bottom