Asterisk aside, we may challenge for the AFC East | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asterisk aside, we may challenge for the AFC East

We lost 2 receivers who decoded to optout and that stings .... but the opt out clause has left the Patriots without 9 players ... some household names at that ...

The Dolphins may move up the chain regardless ... leaving the Dolphins/Bills to battle it out while the Pats try to hang with the Jets

Gaining momentum for next season while continuing to build would leave us in a good spot IMO ...

i think the Pats have more asterisks than rings, and no one seems to recall that, so go for it.

I dispute that. Cam's had two throwing shoulder surgeries and a lisfranc surgery that now has a plate and screws holding his foot together. Recovery for an athlete alone from Lisfranc surgery is 50/50 and I would say even less for Cam's running style. Wait until the first time this happens...

I could see him getting cut before he plays a single game or making the pro bowl. Belechick is ruthless....if he figures out he can win games having Cam run the ball 20 times hes going to go down that route and I'm not sure Cam has it in him to look out for his self interest before that of the team.

Who knows what kind of player we're going to see after all those surgeries. But even a less athletic Cam is a physical wrecking ball. And hes looked pretty sharp throwing the ball so I assume hes past the shoulder issues. I think we're going to be seeing some wacky things in New England this season....wing t triple option sort of stuff.

Having a roster with significant turnover from last year filled with rookies and young guys, not signing any elite players, and no preseason games during a pandemic if Miami wins the AFC East there wouldn't be an "*" there would be an "!"

Be interesting to see if the pats resort to using cam as basically a lead back situationally and playing him to contact like the panthers did. And in the process scraped shelf life off the player. Being he’s basically a one year rental the pats sure have no reason to think player preservation here.

if cams lower leg issues are behind him he’s gonna be a much more efficient down the field passer. When he can’t step into his throws or get the proper base with his feet he’s errant high down the middle. Recently his mechanics have been fubarred due to injury and playing thru it and has taken up some bad habits to try and accommodate.

If the bills can get josh Allen to play near the level he played vs the cowboys on thanksgiving last year when he was straight lethal for say 10 games this year they will roll thru the division like a hot knife thru butter.

but that’s really what it comes down to...josh Allen elevating his play consistency.

Be interesting to see if the pats resort to using cam as basically a lead back situationally and playing him to contact like the panthers did. And in the process scraped shelf life off the player. Being he’s basically a one year rental the pats sure have no reason to think player preservation here.

if cams lower leg issues are behind him he’s gonna be a much more efficient down the field passer. When he can’t step into his throws or get the proper base with his feet he’s errant high down the middle. Recently his mechanics have been fubarred due to injury and playing thru it and has taken up some bad habits to try and accommodate.

First, the controversial news. I do NOT think TB is a HOFr due to his physical gifts. He's HOF because he was one of the most intellectual and most prepared QBs to play the game. I don't see that in Cam. He's a tough guy with a big arm. I'm not sure he can make the NE O successful without the top intellectual part.
That said, I see your point. Use him up for one year and move on. It will be interesting to see if any QB can be successful without the TB gift of reading Ds and moving guys around

Tom Brady has maximized his physical gifts. Of course it’s between his ears that has him going down as if not the goat one of the greatest of all time.

I think tua has the similar between the ears and feel for the position etc and I know that his ball placement consistency in college is the best I’ve ever seen. Remains to be seen if he can develop the pre to post snap progression read aspect of things the way a Brady has for example but I sure don’t see any reasons on tape to think that can’t or won’t happen in time. If it doesnt Miami has a plan b in its back pocket at all times with the rpo game. Be interesting to see if teams can expose his pocket reads aspect of things the way they have a baker mayfield to date for example.

I don’t think they can. I think 5 years from now he’s gonna have the nfl dcs figured out. Might even be 3 years from now. Wouldn’t surprise me either if he was to start 16 games this year and throw for 30 tds either. That kid was born to toss the pill.

If the bills can get josh Allen to play near the level he played vs the cowboys on thanksgiving last year when he was straight lethal for say 10 games this year they will roll thru the division like a hot knife thru butter.

but that’s really what it comes down to...josh Allen elevating his play consistency.

One only has to look at the way Allen looks on the field to realize he's not going to be a consistent QB. He has physical tools but for a guy who lacks confidence and consistency the existence of the tools actually hinder his development. Instead of learning to become more aware he wants to tuck and run too much, and he's not like a Deshaun Watson who can run while keeping his eyes downfield for a big play.

First, the controversial news. I do NOT think TB is a HOFr due to his physical gifts. He's HOF because he was one of the most intellectual and most prepared QBs to play the game. I don't see that in Cam. He's a tough guy with a big arm. I'm not sure he can make the NE O successful without the top intellectual part.
That said, I see your point. Use him up for one year and move on. It will be interesting to see if any QB can be successful without the TB gift of reading Ds and moving guys around

It's a mistake to think that NE is gonna require him to be an intellectual in the same way Brady ways. NE has been the class of the league for twenty years not just because of Brady, but because of the way that they utilize the best of what they have. I don't envision Cam running the same system as Brady, but I can easily envision NE asking Cam to do only what he does best and not putting the onus for winning on his shoulders.

Staying healthy is always a huge key for teams, but even more so this season. Maybe having a younger team could help Miami in that regard.

It's a mistake to think that NE is gonna require him to be an intellectual in the same way Brady ways. NE has been the class of the league for twenty years not just because of Brady, but because of the way that they utilize the best of what they have. I don't envision Cam running the same system as Brady, but I can easily envision NE asking Cam to do only what he does best and not putting the onus for winning on his shoulders.

Don't disagree, but a lot of NEs success wasn't all talent. It was TB putting that talent where it was most effective. Yes, Cam can run 'another' system, but I don't think NE's talent is good enough to win outright

It all depend on how good cam Newton is
I would never expect Cam to play like brady.. a real offense coordinator.. will change his play book to strength of cam. If N.E does that. They will win division again. But if they expect Cam be like TB.. they will finish second in division..beside Cam N.E dont have qb on there roster for future..

It all depend on how good cam Newton is
I think it’s a big deal, this was not a salary cap issue..Gase‘s seat is really hot..and from experience observing him, there’s no way out for him..Adams put him on blast for very valid reasons.
I dont agree w Adam but he was going get paid anyway. Adam didnt want be on jets team..he force his way out.

If you think Fitz had a good year last year then he's already had 2 good years in a row. 2018 in Tampa he had a much higher QBR, higher completion %, more yards per attempt etc.
I dont know what people expect from Fitzpatrick beside helping Tua take over qb position. Or being good qb coach. Other than that Fitzpatrick doesnt have enough talent too win in nfl.. he is good backup like mat moore.. we all forgot mat moore win 6 or 7 game in 2011 also..

I dont know what people expect from Fitzpatrick beside helping Tua take over qb position. Or being good qb coach. Other than that Fitzpatrick doesnt have enough talent too win in nfl.. he is good backup like mat moore.. we all forgot mat moore win 6 or 7 game in 2011 also..
That was kind of my point. I dont think anyone on the planet believes that Fitz is going to play for us as a starter for longer than 1 more year though.

Back
Top Bottom