Asterisk aside, we may challenge for the AFC East | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asterisk aside, we may challenge for the AFC East

That was kind of my point. I dont think anyone on the planet believes that Fitz is going to play for us as a starter for longer than 1 more year though.
I dont think he last after week5.. they have to get Tua ready. if he is healthy..every team in nfl no Fitzpatrick ain't answer. Fitzpatrick is having fun w no pressure to win..

One only has to look at the way Allen looks on the field to realize he's not going to be a consistent QB. He has physical tools but for a guy who lacks confidence and consistency the existence of the tools actually hinder his development. Instead of learning to become more aware he wants to tuck and run too much, and he's not like a Deshaun Watson who can run while keeping his eyes downfield for a big play.

one read and take off with it is definitely a flaw in his game no doubt. That has to develop for him to reach his true physical ceiling.

but come on folks the incumbent qb in Miami is basically a one read and take off with it qb in fitz. It helps masks his shortcomings as a pocket qb and im not talking the obvious physical ones. It can help mask o line play til it can’t anymore when the qb weaknesses come full circle

one read and take off with it is definitely a flaw in his game no doubt. That has to develop for him to reach his true physical ceiling.

but come on folks the incumbent qb in Miami is basically a one read and take off with it qb in fitz. It helps masks his shortcomings as a pocket qb and im not talking the obvious physical ones. It can help mask o line play til it can’t anymore when the qb weaknesses come full circle

I've never been arguing about the viability of Fitz as a longterm starter. That said, while you see some similarities between the way the two process the field, Fitzpatrick's greatest skill is getting the ball to playmakers. Allen doesn't have that ability to deliver the ball for big plays regularly. The one whp actually worries me in this manner is Darnold. Though Darnold has proven to have lower floor just with his ability to come completely unglued, "seeing ghosts", he came out of the game with the big play ability of the great ones like Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben. Allen is the type of QB who is always gonna be a pain in the butt to face in a divisional game, where his scrambling ability is the type of thing that over the years has caused the team to breakdown and lose close games, but I'm really not ever worried about Allen going 13-3.

I had the Bills winning the division with the Dolphins in 2nd place in the AFC East so we will see if I am right
Covid is going to be the equalizer. Just depends who has more players available as we face each team. I think it will be a wild season.

I'm not sure what you guy are seeing when it comes to Allen. They guy literally owns the Dolphins( 2 time AFC offensive player of the week, 3-1 career record against) The guy reads the defense the best in the division. Only Fitz is debatable. The guys upside off the charts and if he starts hitting the deep all this year watch out.

Darnold plays like a scared bum once he gets hit so thats that.

I'm not sure what you guy are seeing when it comes to Allen. They guy literally owns the Dolphins( 2 time AFC offensive player of the week, 3-1 career record against) The guy reads the defense the best in the division. Only Fitz is debatable. The guys upside off the charts and if he starts hitting the deep all this year watch out.

Darnold plays like a scared bum once he gets hit so thats that.

It's not hard for scramblers to own a defense with the lack of talent that ours has had. The type of stuff that works against second rate defenses is the type of stuff that's easily taken away by worthwhile defenses in this league, and the fact that Allen relies so much on those type of things rather than playing the fundamentals of the position is why I don't think he has that high of a ceiling.

Darnold has a high ceiling, low floor. Nothing he does would surprise me. He's your usual Jet QB except more talented.

It's not hard for scramblers to own a defense with the lack of talent that ours has had. The type of stuff that works against second rate defenses is the type of stuff that's easily taken away by worthwhile defenses in this league, and the fact that Allen relies so much on those type of things rather than playing the fundamentals of the position is why I don't think he has that high of a ceiling.

Darnold has a high ceiling, low floor. Nothing he does would surprise me. He's your usual Jet QB except more talented.

Darnold will be the best QB in the division for years to come. I wanted the Dolphins to draft him in 2018 but that is past (they didn't even have a chance to get him). His "seeing ghosts" comment was blown way out of proportion. It was just confusion over the coverage (he settled down in later weeks) and due to inexperience. He just happened to be mic'd when he made the comment. I agree he has a high ceiling and low floor. At worst, he will be a good QB in the NFL. He has the potential to be asuperstar.

Darnold will be the best QB in the division for years to come. I wanted the Dolphins to draft him in 2018 but that is past (they didn't even have a chance to get him). His "seeing ghosts" comment was blown way out of proportion. It was just confusion over the coverage (he settled down in later weeks) and due to inexperience. He just happened to be mic'd when he made the comment. I agree he has a high ceiling and low floor. At worst, he will be a good QB in the NFL. He has the potential to be asuperstar.
Adam Gase: "Hold my beer"

Adam Gase: "Hold my beer"

I don't think Gase will be around long enough to throttle Darnold's development. I was high on Gase when he was in denver and Chicago (and his 1st season in Miami). He may find himself a career OC moving forward.

I agree with most of this about Darnold, I think he will be a great Qb, but I had Tua graded higher coming out.

I don't think Gase will be around long enough to throttle Darnold's development. I was high on Gase when he was in denver and Chicago (and his 1st season in Miami). He may find himself a career OC moving forward.
His numbers doing that without manning are bad

To me Gase seem like good OC. Or he just love calling plays. He dont have what it take to be in control of whole team In nfl. He Might be good college coach. Less stress

So where will Tua fall? When will we get a QB that will be comparable to Darnold? I hope we can get one next draft. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom