At least 2 QBs to be dropped this season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least 2 QBs to be dropped this season.

I think he evaluates Culpepper before making a decision. I know that many people here have lost faith in Culpepper, but I think he could be very good under Cams style of football. 2 years ago he was one of the best QB's in the league, he still has that in him and I think he will be able to show it again.

I know, blind homerism. I'm medicated for it. I take reality pills every day, ran out today though. :evil:

I think he evaluates Culpepper before making a decision. I know that many people here have lost faith in Culpepper, but I think he could be very good under Cams style of football. 2 years ago he was one of the best QB's in the league, he still has that in him and I think he will be able to show it again.

I know, blind homerism. I'm medicated for it. I take reality pills every day, ran out today though. :evil:

I'm with you man. There's just not enough talent in this league to toss away a Daunte Culpepper. Most teams have our dilemna...but rather than being lucky and having a Culpepper, they have a Brad Johnson, Rex Grossman, or JP Losman. we're kinda lucky compared to most teams IMO.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16509691.htm

I dont know how reliable this is, but I do believe that we will see Joey and maybe even CPEP gone pretty soon.

Joey gone is no surprise to many of us....just the money he is due is likely to give him the boot.
But Cams success has been in QBs. Ive said it before and Ill say it again...he teaches and develops QBs he doesnt rehab QBs.
Cam is already being labeled a risky call for HC in many circles, so why would he bet his livelyhood in CPEP. I dont think he will and trades or drops him. If we drop him a cap hit will ensue, but if we trade him....(Raiders maybe?) we would end up with Lemon and possible a free agent QB and a draft pick QB.

Dropping Lemon makes no sense. He knows Camerons system and Cam knows what hes getting. Lemon does not cost that much either.

I like Cpep and want to see him succeed here, but the time Cam spends on him may be better placed elsewhere. The Dolfans have been begging for a franchise QB and they may very well get it this year.

He said it himself..."the tough decisions we all know are coming". Letting go of Sabans choice may be one of them.

CAMS SUCCESS OR FAILURE IN MIAMI IS DEPENDENT ON HIS OFFENSE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY IN HIS QB!

What Mueller feels about keeping CPEP may be just as important.

There is plenty of film on a healthy Joey Harrington from last year, enough to know that he'll be cut this year. Culpepper has too much upside to cut until you at least have a look at him during training camp to see if his injury has rehabbed. There's no hurry to cut Culpepper. If we cut Harrington, don't re-sign Kevin Carter and a few other players we don't need, we'll have plenty of cap room still to go after a few impact Free agents. I see us possibly picking up a free agent QB, and definitely drafting one in the first three rounds and then let the competition begin.

There is plenty of film on a healthy Joey Harrington from last year, enough to know that he'll be cut this year. Culpepper has too much upside to cut until you at least have a look at him during training camp to see if his injury has rehabbed. There's no hurry to cut Culpepper. If we cut Harrington, don't re-sign Kevin Carter and a few other players we don't need, we'll have plenty of cap room still to go after a few impact Free agents. I see us possibly picking up a free agent QB, and definitely drafting one in the first three rounds and then let the competition begin.

I agree that we are in no hurry to cut CPEP, but something tells me he cant be evaluated until at least June to Aug. Thats a long time to wait and a long time to pass up alternatives.
I have a hard time seeing Cam taking Sabans pick and taking any heat over any miscomings. If I were him I would choose my own guy and if it didnt work out, take the blame for a choice that I made.

I don't see the whole getting rid of Culpepper arguement. In his first game versus the Steelers (when he was still fresh) I thought he looked really good and he and the offense were making big plays.

Yeah, those two costly picks were amazing.

I think we get rid of Culpepper because i just dont see him coming back from his injury because Carson Palmer had the same injury and still came back as him self and we get rid of joey and keep Cleo and draft a quarterback

That's very reasonable. And, thank god, if he lives by that, it means bye-bye Joey.

Because Joey's "trend" is clearly being terrible. An almost unbroken trend.

I would bet we go into next season like this:

1. Culpepper
2. Lemon
3. High-upside rookie to groom.

And, barring any additional injury information I don't know about, I think that's probably the right way to do things.

But Joey has got to be gone. Miami has died at the hands of below-average quarterbacks since Dan left. Fieldler=Ferotte=Harrington, etc.

At least with Culpepper there is a chance he will be great. There is no chance at all that Joey will suddenly be good.

Very true...you have to drop Harrington. He's garbage. If Culpepper can't go, I think Cameron can make Lemon into a very serviceable starter.

The best free agent QB is Jeff Garcia.

GTFOH, I don't want that P.O.S. - he had the luckiest year ever. Once in a lifetime.

Pope is an idiot for declaring two qb's will be gone. he stated nothing to support that notion. maybe some will be traded or cut, maybe some won't.

He got it from this board.:sidelol:

CPEP to me comes down to just how much Saban stepped on everyones views on taking Brees instead of Cpep. If Mueller wanted Brees, then I could see Cpep being gone. 8 mil rapped up in that guy. That said, maybe they stick with him for one year since they have to pay him anyways.

I think we get rid of Culpepper because i just dont see him coming back from his injury because Carson Palmer had the same injury and still came back as him self and we get rid of joey and keep Cleo and draft a quarterback
Carson Palmer did not have the same injury. Culpepper tore his ACL, MCL & PCL. Palmer only tore his ACL.

bring back sage , bring back sage,
ok !
bring back feidler and all
will be well in the
dolphin nation.

:sidelol:

Pope is an idiot for declaring two qb's will be gone. he stated nothing to support that notion. maybe some will be traded or cut, maybe some won't.

We've got 4 Qb's on the roster if you don't think at least 2 of them will be gone before next season you are just being Naive. Most likely Culpepper and Mathews get cut and we draft a QB. Depending on how far along Cameron feels Cleo has come Harrington could likely be cut as well.

The man said he's going to rebuild the offense, he also said you start at the Qb and build from there. He's not going to build this team around Qb's with question marks hanging over their heads. He's going to cut them and start over.

Culpepper was injured this year. He played crappy. But while injured, he was still better than Harrington.

Culpepper was on pace for 3700 yards passing this year. Harrington was on pace for 3250(if he started 16 games).

Harrington was signed because he was previously a starting QB. He has proven to be no Earl Morrell.

Cut Harrington=$3 million saved.
Cut Culpepper=$1.3 million saved.

If the choice is to cut 1... Culpepper has a higher qb rating, higher yards per game, less interceptions... and less cap savings. I'm putting Culpepper through training camp and re-evaluating him.

Back
Top Bottom