At least be consistent please | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least be consistent please

Originally posted by Graythreat

I do take my time and effort and educate you people for free, and I get mocked?

:D

Not at all, but this sounds more like a philosopy class. Differing philosophy's should be a learning experience for everyone.:chat:

and what QB's on our roster beat out other QB's to be starters....................................and you KNOW you shouldn't count Jay in there...............

And how dare you tear into our unproven OL! We changed it didn't we? I mean, they don't have much experience, and didn't start other places, but we changed the OL and it has POTENTIAL now right?

........don't look now, your contradicting yourself.....

And FYI, 4 out of those 5 were actually STARTERS on their teams in the past, whether they held onto that job or not. Which is more than AJ managed to do outside of 3rd stringer due to injuries.

Excuse me? Jeno James is the only qualified "starter" we've got on the roster. Wade Smith started due to injury...PERIOD. Seth McKinney was rotated in and started due to injury..PERIOD. St Clair LOST HIS STARTING JOB. The bottom line is that the O-line is a more pivotal unit than the QB.

Good O-line...

1)You get to use all those nifty Offensive weapons we now have
2)Whichever QB is back there has more time to make good decisions.
3)Ricky gets hit BEYOND the LOS, rather than BEHIND it.
4)You control the LOS and the clock, therefore the D spends less time on the field.

Bad O-line....

1)Randy Ricky and Rob get to stay in an block for he majority of the passing downs, wearing them out and wasting their contributions.
2)Better pick up a mobile QB because whoever is back there is going to be running for his life. Forget going downfield, the play won't have time to develop. On a positive note, you don't have to pick up a guy with a good arm...he'll never get to air it out anyway.
3)Ricky gets another opportunity to shorten his career. Thanks Ricky, maybe you would have been better off staying in NO afterall.
4)Forget 3rd down conversions, the Defense is going to be living on the field again.

Jay isn't a great QB...I don't even know if he's a good/decent QB. But he's ok, which is more than I can say for our O-line last season. It just flat out sucked. And the players we have right now couldn't beat those players who flat out sucked. Going by your logic, SageRosenfels will be ok at QB, because, while he couldn't beat out Ja, he's got "potential". Oh, and kindly show me where I'm contradicting myself? I've been screaming "O-line Upgrade" for the last two years.

thanks man, I'm just on mission work.....educating the needy :)

love the avatar btw, where can I get a copy of that issue?

I don't know. Check SI's web site which is where I linked the pic from. I have the issue. Its an awesome picture in life.

Also check EBay.

Thanks for teaching the needy.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Excuse me? Jeno James is the only qualified "starter" we've got on the roster. Wade Smith started due to injury...PERIOD. Seth McKinney was rotated in and started due to injury..PERIOD. St Clair LOST HIS STARTING JOB. The bottom line is that the O-line is a more pivotal unit than the QB.

Good O-line...

1)You get to use all those nifty Offensive weapons we now have
2)Whichever QB is back there has more time to make good decisions.
3)Ricky gets hit BEYOND the LOS, rather than BEHIND it.
4)You control the LOS and the clock, therefore the D spends less time on the field.

Bad O-line....

1)Randy Ricky and Rob get to stay in an block for he majority of the passing downs, wearing them out and wasting their contributions.
2)Better pick up a mobile QB because whoever is back there is going to be running for his life. Forget going downfield, the play won't have time to develop. On a positive note, you don't have to pick up a guy with a good arm...he'll never get to air it out anyway.
3)Ricky gets another opportunity to shorten his career. Thanks Ricky, maybe you would have been better off staying in NO afterall.
4)Forget 3rd down conversions, the Defense is going to be living on the field again.

Jay isn't a great QB...I don't even know if he's a good/decent QB. But he's ok, which is more than I can say for our O-line last season. It just flat out sucked. And the players we have right now couldn't beat those players who flat out sucked. Going by your logic, SageRosenfels will be ok at QB, because, while he couldn't beat out Ja, he's got "potential". Oh, and kindly show me where I'm contradicting myself? I've been screaming "O-line Upgrade" for the last two years.

and what "qualified starter" do we have at QB?

your preaching to the choir here bub, i'm not saying we're set at OL. I'm pointing out the rediculous double standard that people that are against drafting Rivers apply to the OL and the QB positions.

3rd string backup QB and proven bust QB are far from solid, and no better off than our current line.

and what "qualified starter" do we have at QB?

your preaching to the choir here bub, i'm not saying we're set at OL. I'm pointing out the rediculous double standard that people that are against drafting Rivers apply to the OL and the QB positions.

3rd string backup QB and proven bust QB are far from solid, and no better off than our current line.

I don't think we're set at QB either. I do however think that back-up QB's are hard for fans to assess. For that reason, I'm willing o give Feeley the benefit of the doubt, and I'd also like to see how far Sage has come. Lastly on this point, Miami should have pulled the trigger on Henson LAST season when we could have gotten him for free and groomed him for next season. But the O-line is the key to ANY team. A great QB will be wasted behind a bad O-line, while a mediocre QB will shine behind a good one. And as much as people want to be optimistic, it still comes down to the fact that the players we have NOW on the roster couldn't beat BAD players for the starting gig. At least Feeley couldn't beat out McNab. I'd take a player 1-2 steps down from McNab is a HEARTBEAT compared to a player who couldn't beat out Todd Perry, or Tim Ruddy last year. I think you have to account for the level of competition here.

I don't think we're set at QB either. I do however think that back-up QB's are hard for fans to assess. For that reason, I'm willing o give Feeley the benefit of the doubt, and I'd also like to see how far Sage has come. Lastly on this point, Miami should have pulled the trigger on Henson LAST season when we could have gotten him for free and groomed him for next season. But the O-line is the key to ANY team. A great QB will be wasted behind a bad O-line, while a mediocre QB will shine behind a good one. And as much as people want to be optimistic, it still comes down to the fact that the players we have NOW on the roster couldn't beat BAD players for the starting gig. At least Feeley couldn't beat out McNab. I'd take a player 1-2 steps down from McNab is a HEARTBEAT compared to a player who couldn't beat out Todd Perry, or Tim Ruddy last year. I think you have to account for the level of competition here.

But a step down from Detmer?

I just don't see any OL we draft comming in year 1 and being better than what we could aquire on the FA market. I'd rather pick up proven talent in FA for this position, and draft a QB that doesn't NEED to come in this season anyway. #20 overall doesn't guarentee us a player that is ready to start from the get go. I think the old addage "FA for the holes, Draft for the future" applies here.

But a step down from Detmer?

I think that comes down to strategy as much as anything else. Detmer may just have been a better option for the Iggles. Either way though, Koy Detmer still has a job...do Ruddy, Perry, or Nails right now?

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi

I just don't see any OL we draft comming in year 1 and being better than what we could aquire on the FA market. I'd rather pick up proven talent in FA for this position, and draft a QB that doesn't NEED to come in this season anyway. #20 overall doesn't guarentee us a player that is ready to start from the get go. I think the old addage "FA for the holes, Draft for the future" applies here.

That's a big roll of the dice for June 1st. Right now we have a big ugly glaring hole at RG. And the rest of our line other than Jeno is made up of middle tier talent at best until McIntock(whatever his name is) gets healthy.

I do take my time and effort and educate you people for free, and I get mocked?

:D

Trust me its not for free. I spend plenty in the form of unrecoverable minutes of my life to get 'educated'......

Back
Top Bottom