At least be consistent please | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least be consistent please

Originally posted by Graythreat

This thread was aimed at the people who think we're set at the QB position.

Nobody here is saying we are set at QB, but unlike you they have moved on and realized that the FO put their eggs in Feely's basket and know that come hell or high water a QB will not be drafted in the 1st. Feely will get that chance to be the QB this year. If he flops then next offseason the phins will draft a QB cause Wanny will be fired at that point and Rick will have to draft that QB to appease fans.

Which is the real irony of things that they won't put 2 high picks into QB this year but if Feely flops they will effectively be spending next years #1 & #2 there.

Anyways if this offensive line gets fixed then hell we should be fine with A.J.

A.J. should have something Jay never had....a more consistent (and young) oline & 2 #1 WR's to throw to.

Look, obviously Spielman sees something special in A.J. Feeley. He is the only player we've given up any draft picks for thus far. Feeley was had for the same price as WR Terrell Owens, a great proven player.

It just wouldn't make sense to take a QB in the 1st round of the draft. If you can make any sense out of this move I'd love to hear it. Are you insinuating we gave up a 2nd rounder for a backup? The only way I see us taking a QB is if we end up with 2 1sts, and even then I'd be surprised.

The QB position has been addressed this off-season. You just don't like how it was addressed.

Its done. No more new QBs this year.

Originally posted by Graythreat
For those that think we're "set at the QB position" and "need Offensive linemen", chew on this...

LT 74 Wade Smith- started 16 games
LG 78 Jeno James - Started 28 games
C 68 Seth McKinney - started 5 games
RG 69 Taylor Whitley- started 0 games
RT 70 John St. Clair - 16 games started

Average games started by position for starters: 13

QB AJ Feeley- started 5 games

Now, consider we have a proven flop at backup QB who MAY start, how can you sit there and say we're worse off at OL than QB? Keep in mind, we are still actively pursuing an dlooking to adda vet OL.

So ther'es your choice...we're bad off at both positions. So it's your choice...try to fixt he most imporatnt position ont he field, or try to fix OL. But try to be consistent in your arguments, We're no worse off at QB than OL.

The first thing I would say is that a player doesn't have to have had a season of starts to be a legitimate player! Otherwise, they would not EVER start! If we got the top rookie lineman in the draft and he started - I guess we couldn't say we had filled the position because he has zero NFL starts?

I don't buy into that logic. I think Seth is ready. St. Clair is not a great player, but he's a stop gap for an injured RT.

I also don't think that anyone has said anywhere that we are "set" at OL! The point that has been made is that this OL, right now, is improved over last year's.

I also don't think we are finished. We have the draft, we have more releases of veterans in June, and we have the other two free agent OG's out there (B. Williams; C. Coleman), whose price may come down to where we would sign one at a veteran minimum.

I will take the position we are in now any day over the position we were in last season at any point.

The sky has not yet begun to fall ...
:D

My bad, ignore that other post of mine ... like others, I initially mis-read the comment.

I don't think we are set at QB at all ... I do hope Feeley beats out Jay however ... any upgrade will be good.

Sorry...

I for one do not believe the FO thinks we are set at QB. With that said if rivers falls to 20 we will take him and say bye,bye saga IMO. We will have to wait till D-day to see who is right!

Originally posted by mikefan22
I for one do not believe the FO thinks we are set at QB. With that said if rivers falls to 20 we will take him and say bye,bye saga IMO. We will have to wait till D-day to see who is right!

I agree with you mikefan22.

Phillip Rivers - 0 Starts
Eli Manning - 0 Starts
Big Ben - 0 Starts

Bad statistic to use.

See I never thought Feeley was Speilman's "guy" I think he's there as insurance just in case nothing else pans out. Feeley was the guy who was had for too much because that's the FA dictated to Speilman. He was the only guy left in a weak FA pool. I always love the infamous dolphin's fan line "the window of opportunity is closing for us", ever year it's the same thing. The window for this team never was opened, We've been an average team the past 2 years (it pains me to say that), with guys that fans said the last two years that if we don't win 'now' that our window for a superbowl is closing. That was 3 years ago, now we're back in the same situation, it's like we're caught in the same position every year. I agree we're going back to an offensive minded team over the next four years and if we don't have our QB groomed and ready by then I forsee 7 win seasons ahead.

One other argument for the "win now" group....it takes the line starting together for a period of time before it gels....these guys don't even know who each other's name, much less who will line up to next to them come season's beginning.
Also, your initial thread talked about how the offense was going to come together in 2 years. At that point AJ will have 32 starts as well....Because of Wanny's tenuous statue with the FO, either he will be gone or we will be praising AJ as the second coming. If Wanny is gone, who knows what the philosophy of the team will be...

IF a one of the big 3 are available, take them, add a vet player to help the OL, give the players we have a chance to gel. In your argument of drafting defense...that would give us 2 more drafts and offseasons to work on defense. One of these type franchise QBs may not be in the next two drafts...again...IF...(and I don't think any will).

Originally posted by Maybe Memories
Thats not too informative, u could have sed how many games they started last season....

this is what i was thinking. not a real scientific way of looking at it. fiedler is not looked at objectively cus noone wants him. thats all that is and AJ is unproven in fin fans minds.

Originally posted by caneproud117
See I never thought Feeley was Speilman's "guy" I think he's there as insurance just in case nothing else pans out. Feeley was the guy who was had for too much because that's the FA dictated to Speilman. He was the only guy left in a weak FA pool. I always love the infamous dolphin's fan line "the window of opportunity is closing for us", ever year it's the same thing. The window for this team never was opened, We've been an average team the past 2 years (it pains me to say that), with guys that fans said the last two years that if we don't win 'now' that our window for a superbowl is closing. That was 3 years ago, now we're back in the same situation, it's like we're caught in the same position every year. I agree we're going back to an offensive minded team over the next four years and if we don't have our QB groomed and ready by then I forsee 7 win seasons ahead.

feeley is spielmans guy cus he was wolfs guy. spielman checked him out and made a deal before cleveland did. simple as that. we are taking risks but thats what you need to do to get a championship team. i think feeley will do good. he is smart.

Originally posted by mikefan22

and thats a big if.

NEEDS/DRAFT PRIORITIES: 1) Offensive line: The Dolphins are unsettled at right guard and could use a veteran interior lineman for depth purposes; 2) Wide receiver: Even with David Boston joining the Dolphins, Miami still could use another young wide receiver to bolster the unit, especially with Chris Chambers set to become an unrestricted free agent in 2004; 3) Safety: Even with the recent signing of Chris Akins and the re-signing of Shawn Wooden, the Dolphins could address this position as early as the third round of the draft because the job security of current starters Arturo Freeman and Sammy Knight isn't guaranteed beyond the 2004 season.

This is from USA today......I don't see QB listed on there???

BTW, the beauty of consistent 10 and 11 win seasons, is that the window is NEVER closed.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom